Sign in to follow this  
Bob.Moore

set flying hieght

hi guys the title says it all, i put -- this flyingheight 2000 --- and it comes up missing ;

please help banghead.gif

add ; after it then

this flyinhieght 2000;

and it doesn't start them there it makes them rise/lower to that level.

Moving.

@Blazin

Quote[/b] ]this flyinhieght 2000;

*cough*

biggrin_o.giftounge2.gifwhistle.gif

..I hate typos aswell...

Hey wink_o.gif

I got some problems with the flyinheight command. My planes / choppers won't follow the waypoints they are advised to reach. They're starting to do circles, to lower their altitude, to raise it, then to lower it again....

I heard that was a problem of relative altitude, and not absolute one. Is there a way to make a path for my planes without any problem?

this is quite an old problem, chopper and planes need to be within somewhere around 500m-800m to complete a waypoint (i forget which). theres not a scripting command that can set their 3D position seeing as, firstly setWPPos only takes 2D positions and setWaypointPosition sets the "placement radius"

easiest way round i can think of that might work would be to use gamelogics or some other invisible entity (that can stay static in 3D space, 3D coords will do) and use doMove or move. and then using a series of triggers or scripting conditions to complete each of your own waypoints, im sure someone else has a better idea

On the contrary bob1787, setWPPos does accept a 3d position array. I know the biki says otherwise but it will accept both 2d and 3d arrays, and it does allow you to change the height of the WP.

@Blazin
Quote[/b] ]this flyinhieght 2000;

*cough*

biggrin_o.gif  tounge2.gif  whistle.gif

..I hate typos aswell...

Damn it. I always follow the wrong English rules.

I was thinking "I before E except after C"

I put this: this flyinheight 10; and it does work. what Iam I doing wrong?

I put this:   this flyinheight 10;   and it does work. what Iam I doing wrong?

On a pilot or on a plane/copter (doesn't work on the pilot)?

Also, according to the biki/wiki it may not work if set below 20.

On a pilot or on a plane/copter (doesn't work on the pilot)?

Also, according to the biki/wiki it may not work if set below 20.

I gave a harrier a waypoint and made it so it was already in flight then put: this flyinheight 10; in the script text box.

Also I copied and pasted it into the act text box to see if it would work in there and it came up with a message saying, "missing ;", as above.

ye I tried putting in the harriers name - AV-8B and it still come up with that message: missing :. then I added another ";" after the AV-8B so it looks like this: AV-8B; flyinheight 25;, then it says this message "type number, expected nothing"

ye I tried putting in the harriers name - AV-8B and it still come up with that message: missing :. then I added another ";" after the AV-8B so it looks like this: AV-8B; flyinheight 25;, then it says this message "type number, expected nothing"

I had the same problem with flyinheight until as suggested, I named the harrier and instead of "this" you use the name you gave it.

harr1 flyinheight 20;

always works like a charm. Until of course they try to loop or something. It works quick and dirty but for sustained flying, it just makes em crash. An interesting thought on flyinheight, I've used a trigger to force an A-10 into a dive by flying it in at 200, then hitting a small trigger which is set to flyinheight 10, then another trigger for flyinheight 200. It dives and then pulls up when it hits the second trigger.