Sign in to follow this  
dustoff

Voteing a admin

Is there away to disable this ? More than once Ive tried to get in to my own server and was kicked. Ive sat there before and watched some jerk asked to be voted as a admin and then when he is he starts kicking people and anyone trying to join.

I have to resart the server to get and and once I take admin control the jerks leave.

Must be a Bunch of smack tard greifers but Ive got a log of thier ip's so I know who to ban. I just want to stop this . /?

You can log in as kinda super admin,just need to set up the password in the Arma server cfg!

Should have something to do with this line in the server.cfg:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">voteThreshold=0.33; // when one third agrees, this is enough to confirm a vote

But i don't know the exact value.

MfG Medicus

Our server config:-

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=970.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

hostname = "=22SAS= Regiment - Private 1.05 Server";

password = *****;

passwordAdmin = ************;

maxPlayers = 100;

MaxCustomFileSize=100000000;

reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com";

motd[]=

{

"Welcome to 22 SAS Regiment Private Server.",

"This is a members only server,"

}; // Welcome message

motdInterval=5;

Our server config:-

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=970.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

hostname = "=22SAS= Regiment - Private 1.05 Server";

password = *****;

passwordAdmin = ************;

maxPlayers = 100;

MaxCustomFileSize=100000000;

reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com";

motd[]=

{

"Welcome to 22 SAS Regiment Private Server.",

"This is a members only server,"

}; // Welcome message

motdInterval=5;

Aye, thats are cft file which you can edit with notepad, upload to your server and then enable it so you can log in as Admin anytime. Also glad to see the passwords are starred out CK tounge2.gif

MfG Medicus

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">voteThreshold=0.33; // when one third agrees, this is enough to confirm a vote

Changing the Threshold to 2.0 (or anything above 1.0) will make it impossible for people to vote someone as an admin. It keeps people from voting at all actually, so they can't vote to kick someone off, change maps, etc.

It works because the player population needs above 100% agreement, which is impossible. In a 10 man server, 20 people would have to vote, for instance.

In any case, I wish there was a way to just disable the vote admin feature without hindering the other votes. Maybe in a patch. smile_o.gif