Sign in to follow this  

Bandwith Tweek For Player & Server

Open My Documents and then Open ArMa Folder open ARMA.cfg with Notepad add this to the end of the file Save and exit restart arma

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;

MinBandwidth=384000;

MaxBandwidth=684000;

the max bandwidth and min are in bits

ok that’s Fine but How do I find out my Max bits for my server

This is a really good tool to test your Servers Settings Remember the minBandwith= and Maxbandwith for servers is based on the Servers upload so if you have a 10mbps server set max to 10000000 and min around 6400000 or if you have 100mbp/s  MaxBandwidth=100000000 min=68000000

min/max settings are in bits Bandwith Caculator

http://www.ibeast.com/content/tools/band-calc.asp

http://www.wand.net.nz/~perry/max_download.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_rate

http://www.ibeast.com/content/tools/band-calc.asp

That only works if your hosting a server from your own connection, but wont help those with proper dedicated servers ( those with rented servers )

not true it woks Client Side.. aswell you do notice a Bandwith Boost yay.gif

That only works if your hosting a server from your own connection, but wont help those with proper dedicated servers ( those with rented servers )

You can remote control the server via NX or a similar system and run the program on the server "locally".

Is it possible to have 2 arma.cfg on the same machine? One for the server and other for the client?

I would like to use this settings on my arma.cfg for the server with reduced settings for the graphics. But don't want to reduce the graphics for the client.

Grafics settings dont matter for the server what you can do is put youre server.cfg in the arma.cfg

Add the command for the client -maxmem=768

and for the server -maxmem=512

CodesSkyWolf,

Thanks for the reply but could you show me how can I put the server.cfg in the arma.cfg?

I though reducing the graphic would help to reduce the lag. The ping is good, about 20-30, but the lag is big in the cities.

My arma.cfg is like this:

Quote[/b] ]

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=9615.000000;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

refresh=60;

FSAA=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="4098,29248,185733122";

localVRAM=536870912;

nonlocalVRAM=256851904;

Thanks

CodesSkyWolf,

Thanks for the reply but could you show me how can I put the server.cfg in the arma.cfg?

I though reducing the graphic would help to reduce the lag. The ping is good, about 20-30, but the lag is big in the cities.

My arma.cfg is like this:

Quote[/b] ]

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=9615.000000;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

refresh=60;

FSAA=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="4098,29248,185733122";

localVRAM=536870912;

nonlocalVRAM=256851904;

Thanks

well i think the server arma.cfg is in the ArmA directory and the player arma.cfg is in the mydocuments/arma directory (it's not the same place so ! wink_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]well i think the server arma.cfg is in the ArmA directory and the player arma.cfg is in the mydocuments/arma directory

Ok, thanks, I didn't know that. Because I only have one arma.cfg on my PC and I thought the server and the client would use the same.

I'll put an Arma.cfg on my server folder and try! wink_o.gif