Sign in to follow this  
Akira

Canadians Awarded Gold

http://europe.cnn.com/2002/US/02/15/oly.skate.row/index.html

I guess they decided to put them on equal footing....so now there are 2 gold medalists and one bronze.....seems silly....

Shouldn't give the gold unless they intend to take the gold away from the Russians (IF there is hard concrete evidence of fixing the vote).

Just my opinion...

The bronze winner should bitch that they now deserve the silver medal...

Well it is not the fact that one cheated cause they didn't it's the fact that the judges judged the event for personal gain for there country and that's why not because one are whiners or the others are cheating, personally the olympics has become a little crap since most of the competetors are now pro's why can't we go back to the original olympics where everyone was amateurs like eddie the eagle and the they competed to compete not to win at all cost including bribing judges.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Monkey Lib Front @ Feb. 15 2002,20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well it is not the fact that one cheated cause they didn't it's the fact that the judges judged the event for personal gain for there country and that's why not because one are whiners or the others are cheating, personally the olympics has become a little crap since most of the competetors are now pro's why can't we go back to the original olympics where everyone was amateurs like eddie the eagle and the they competed to compete not to win at all cost including bribing judges.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree!

And I'm gettin' tired of the corporatness of it as well. And NBC coverage SUCKS....doesn't show half the shit I would like to see thats for sure....you have to have cable (which I do *whew*) to get half the stuff....including Hockey for the love of god!

Eddie the eagel, he was not the best but he was a true Competitor he played it for the love of the sport and to have a good time.

americans are completely whiners and stupid.The judges should stay the same......

it dosen't matter what a bunsh of ga amerixans think about the score.If they win they win! if they lose they lose and go home crying!

canadians don't deserve gold,russians do!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Silencer @ Feb. 15 2002,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">americans are completely whiners and stupid.The judges should stay the same......

it dosen't matter what a bunsh of ga amerixans think about the score.If they win they win! if they lose they lose and go home crying!

canadians don't deserve gold,russians do!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

*sigh*

I see the great Silencer has returned.

FYI, the Americans didn't give them gold fool, the IOC did, AFTER they determined that there was sufficient reason to believe vote fixing. And it wasn't just the Americans that thought the Canadians deserved the gold it was half the world (except of course the Russians).

And the Russians don't deserve the gold if they won by vote fixing and illegal means.

And please keep your rambling, misinformed, misplaced, rampant anti-americanism to a minimum since this has nothing to do with America or Americans. And please don't bring up your crap about the Cold War again either....otherwise I will be laughing too hard to reply...

I'm sick of this flaming mad.gif

Can't you post a single post in Offtopic without flaming Americans mad.gif ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 15 2002,22:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm sick of this flaming mad.gif

Can't you post a single post in Offtopic without flaming Americans mad.gif ?<span id='postcolor'>

Hey aren't the Finns and US playing in hockey soon? When is that?

I'm sure we won't here nothing from ya about it wink.gif

I still say the chinese should now have a silver and the russians should also have a bronze (they are also fourth).

Hey! Wait a minute! Most everyone skated nicely. WHy not give them all gold!

And the speedskating times are soooo close. They should all get gold.

...blah blah blah

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Monkey Lib Front @ Feb. 16 2002,02:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">STFU jaxx.<span id='postcolor'>

That's clever monkey. Thank you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I still say the chinese should now have a silver and the russians should also have a bronze (they are also fourth).

Hey! Wait a minute! Most everyone skated nicely. WHy not give them all gold!

And the speedskating times are soooo close. They should all get gold.

...blah blah blah <span id='postcolor'>

That's clever jaxx, Thank you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jaxx @ Feb. 15 2002,20:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The bronze winner should bitch that they now deserve the silver medal...<span id='postcolor'>

That's clever jaxx, Thank you

It's the worst decision IMO. What does it say? It says: "if you win gold because the jury is corrupt, we don't care. Keep it!"

They should demote the russians to silver. Otherwise, don't do anything at all.

So, monkey, if you disagree with my opinion, just say you don't and you also have the option to point out why you disagree.

Why would have to say "STFU jaxx" because you don't agree? DO you realize how boring a world this would be if we all agreed?

And in case you didn't get it, both of the posts you quoted were supposed to make you realize how silly it is to have two gold medalists. And what about the silver? Will Canada have BOTH the silver and the gold?

And who the hell cares about figureskating anyway?!?!?!?

Sweden smashed Canada in the hockeytournament - 5-2!!!

Thats the ONLY thing that counts... smile.gif

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif