Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

Info on upcoming 1.08 patch

It's a long weekend DarkPhantom! Too bad monday Czech time = evening~midnight Aus time. Tuesday is the day to be "sick" smile_o.gif

nomore checking back here every morning, to see if the patch is out goodnight.gifgoodnight.gif

To all people from BIS:

Please hire this guy who made this:

Is this real or is the guy laying some real combat footage sounds over Arma.

If its real then indeed: BIS pay the bloke some cash and use his sounds they are superb.

It's real man... I can't belive this but it's real

chammy is making this mod.

>>HERE<<

(i was very drunk during writing this post... sorry)

I would rather wait till chammy relases it, or tells us himself which parts of the vid are edited and which aren't, because some say that those distant sounds are just pasted there from a rl footage. I'm not saying that's wrong or anything, but better wait and don't be disappointed. Radio chatter isn't included for sure (yet).

Everyone will be taking the day off work rofl.gif

thanks for letting us know bis my finger was hurting from checking the forums

The distance battle sounds and the radio chatter aren't part of the actual mod but added in for extra ambience. smile_o.gif

I don't know much about weapons, but isn't only every fifth or sixth bullet in a magazine a tracer? Will BIS ever fix that? I think it will have a somewhat large impact on gameplay because it would be more difficult to follow the tracer back to the enemy. Also, shouldn't the glow be activated a second after shooting?

All well, this patch is going to be awesome. I've been waiting all week for it. Nice to have a release date now.

I don't know much about weapons, but isn't only every fifth or sixth bullet in a magazine a tracer? Will BIS ever fix that? I think it will have a somewhat large impact on gameplay because it would be more difficult to follow the tracer back to the enemy. Also, shouldn't the glow be activated a second after shooting?

All well, this patch is going to be awesome. I've been waiting all week for it. Nice to have a release date now.

Check My Sig and have Fun ;-)

(6thSense.eu Tracers)

How come there are many servers playing 1.08 ?

Closed multiplayer testing (testing stuff like dedicated server and that).

IIRC it was noticed a few days ago now and was one of the first signs that 1.08 was imminent.

Hopefully, once the world wide unification is completed, the modding tools will follow shortly after.

I know, but what the hell, I can hope and dream can't I?

Quote[/b] ]I know, but what the hell, I can hope and dream can't I?

No, you'll get a WL+1 for that.

I'd rather have mod tools that work so we dont have another repeat of Arma with all its problems.

Quote[/b] ]I know, but what the hell, I can hope and dream can't I?

No, you'll get a WL+1 for that.

I'd rather have mod tools that work so we dont have another repeat of Arma with all its problems.

And where did I say that I was hoping that the tools were ones that weren't functional?

I, as you, would also like working mod tools.

The tools work don't they?

BIS just used them to make ArmA models etc... crazy_o.gif

To ArmA developers: Please add to ammo parametrs number of projectiles and projectiles dispersion so we can made realistic shotgun shells you know 100 projectiles in one cartridge fired in same time it also would be nice to have Flashbangs and Infrared Goggles (Thermal vision)

To ArmA developers: Please add to ammo parametrs number of projectiles and projectiles dispersion so we can made realistic shotgun shells you know 100 projectiles in one cartridge fired in same time it also would be nice to have Flashbangs and Infrared Goggles (Thermal vision)

Do you play ArmA ? because this info are at the left top of ur screen...

Do you play ArmA ? because this info are at the left top of ur screen...

You completely misunderstood his post. Read it again.

yes i am playing arma and i dont understand your point i am posting because in a meter of time games must be expanded and improved have you played on ps3 or at least on ps2 for example on pc need for speed carbon (i dont like this game but its good example) needs at least vertex shaders 1 and processor of 1000 mhz while on ps2 its work without scratch on 300 mhz processor, i am programer my self and its comes to times where we must force pc games developers to make their products to work same as on consoles and dont try to tell me that there is some differences in programig because programing pc games is nothing, ps2 games programing its a hell and they are still beater, do you dont see that people like you who protecting them are only their comercial weapon you buying what they want you to buy, in next game they will also improve not much but peoples will still buy it and will say oh what a fabulous game and developers will laugh and counting their money.

PS: MORE IMPROVEMENTS IN PATCHs PLEASE, and if moderator will remove this post this will mean that i am right

yes i am playing arma and i dont understand your point i am posting because in a meter of time games must be expanded and improved have you played on ps3 or at least on ps2 for example on pc need for speed carbon (i dont like this game but its good example) needs at least vertex shaders 1 and processor of 1000 mhz while on ps2 its work without scratch on 300 mhz processor, i am programer my self and its comes to times where we must force pc games developers to make their products to work same as on consoles and dont try to tell me that there is some differences in programig because programing pc games is nothing, ps2 games programing its a hell and they are still beater, do you dont see that people like you who protecting them are only their comercial weapon you buying what they want you to buy, in next game they will also improve not much but peoples will still buy it and will say oh what a fabulous game and developers will laugh and counting their money.

PS: MORE IMPROVEMENTS IN PATCHs PLEASE, and if moderator will remove this post this will mean that i am right

You can't really compare PCs and consoles, because consoles normally use a completely different architecture. A 300Mhz console processor isn't necessarily equivalent to a 300Mhz i386 processor. A computation cycle on a console will perform a lot more calculations specific to the consoles architecture.

Since you're a programmer, I'll put it this way:

(console Mhz) != (PC Mhz)

Also, as for ArmA, the 1.08 changelog implies that there will be major performance improvements, among other things.

By the way, please try and add a bit more punctuation when you write. I found it very hard to read your post, becuase it wasn't always clear when a sentence ended and a new one started. wink_o.gif

Simple answer ps3 cpu is created by toshiba, they improved pc cpu by adding more cores ps3 processor is 8x core pc processor its not about abilities its about making more money

PS: sory for the language i am steal learning

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif to the mighty toshiba!

Do they put their super CPU's in their own PCs? I mean, they are such world beaters maybe they should?

this threads went waayy offtopic, look at what your writing.

D-Day -1 nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]PS: sory for the language i am steal learning

dont mind the language, mind the length of you sentences.

Havent seen em this long since gradeschool!!