Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

Info on upcoming 1.08 patch

It´s quite surprising for me that people who use the "Ask the mod" thread to loosen their frustration on uncontributative members now happily spam a thread to death and do nothing better than the persons they are complaining about.

As the patch is not released yet and any specualtion on an assumed releasedate is nonsense unless you are BIS staff or are working with a related publisher, the date simply can´t be debated here as NOONE except the fractions mentioned above can verify a date.

It´s funny how people complain about the forums turning into a kindergarten, but act like members of a kinderkarten whenever there is the chance to do so.

Jeez your all as bad as each other, if someone in your opinion flames (or some other silly internet word) you don't have to answer them or make sacastic comments back, it leads you all to go around in circles and get nothing constructive done, just a suggestion smile_o.gif

Karantan has already received a month PR.

Lets try to get back on topic.

Do not reply to any of the flamebaiting. It ends here.

it will be release, when its is ready.

No, you're wrong...It'll be relased as soon as I decide to permit Suma to relase it.

Hehe..nice one biggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

IT'S RELEASED!!! CLICK [HERE] to download it !!!

just kidding... hope it comes out this week biggrin_o.gif

IT'S RELEASED!!! CLICK [HERE] to download it !!!

That was possibly the most horrible experience I ever had! crazy_o.gif

I literally tried clicking on every word of that sentence, hoping it was a link. Shame on you for making me feel so stupid!

You really had me there. wink_o.gif

Damn it would be so sweet if the patch was released tomorrow.

<jedi mind trick>

BI, the patch is ready to be released! Seriously!

</ jedi mind trick>

yay.gif A yay.gif Server yay.gif Fix yay.gif

Yey Yey Yey rofl.gif

And yes you made me think for a split second the patch was released sad_o.gifband.gif

That was just mean..

Ban his IP address on release day!!! tounge2.gif

MY GOD! i cant stop thinking about this patch, how i hope our server will be fixed lol.. what has happened to me, get it out my head lol.. i need it, i want it banghead.gif wait.. must maintain a level of standards.. oh no where is the real life boundary gone must have patch, must play arma. rofl.gif

Some people here have to much time on their hands imo. There's still a whole world out there you know, it's even bigger. tounge2.gif

sorry I always i wanted to do that as its been done to me lol And there IS another world out there but it's really not as fun if you don't live around friends or fun things biggrin_o.gif

i think you have to press alt+f4 to activate the download link tounge2.gif

The only thing missing is an ANALOGUE THROTTLE!!!! for aircraft...... mad_o.gif PLZ BI ADD THIS IN THE NEXT PATCH pretty please with cream on top notworthy.gif  , but apart from that thankyou BI... also a roundabout release date would be nice confused_o.gif

Geeezzz I dont want much whistle.gif

The only thing missing is an ANALOGUE THROTTLE!!!! for aircraft...... mad_o.gif PLZ BI ADD THIS IN THE NEXT PATCH pretty please with cream on top notworthy.gif , but apart from that thankyou BI... also a roundabout release date would be nice confused_o.gif

Geeezzz I dont want much whistle.gif

You mean for fixed wing ones, right? I think the helicopters have analogue 'throttles'.

Waiting is not so easy when your game crashes every 2 hours. Especially in evolution when you're flying high value vehicles like the harrier or the cobra, crashes can be very infuriating and costly.

Seriously, I don't know what big "issue" these guys are addressing with the patch, but what can that be more important than the memory error that so many 8800 users are getting?

If you're going to take your jolly good time with the patch, sipping cocktails, at least release a hotfix with the new texture option thing that automatically detects VRAM, so we can be free of the crashing until the full patch comes out.

I couldn't give less of a damn about bullet holes in vehicles and working VOIP at the moment. I just want my game to STOP CRASHING!

please sort out your priorities!

Waiting is not so easy when your game crashes every 2 hours. Especially in evolution when you're flying high value vehicles like the harrier or the cobra, crashes can be very infuriating and costly.

Seriously, I don't know what big "issue" these guys are addressing with the patch, but what can that be more important than the memory error that so many 8800 users are getting?

If you're going to take your jolly good time with the patch, sipping cocktails, at least release a hotfix with the new texture option thing that automatically detects VRAM, so we can be free of the crashing until the full patch comes out.

I couldn't give less of a damn about bullet holes in vehicles and working VOIP at the moment. I just want my game to STOP CRASHING!

please sort out your priorities!

Mate its Evolution, its a buggy piece of shit, we've been playing it Australia for a couple of months up to 1.5a and now its been taken off the server (OGN@iinet) cause it causes so much grief. I have a sweet machine and rarely crash but if I play Evo I last 2hrs max before the game crashes banghead.gif , If you unpbo it you'll see how messy it is. Time to give up on Evo and start playing great maps like 'Finalcountdown II' and 'Parajump II'. thumbs-up.gif

evolution is the problem as is a few other addons, but as time goes by that'll be fixed. If i only play normal Arma i hardly ever have a CTD. on evolution / other addons though.... it's happened a few times. but not as much as for you - must depend on the PC setup or something i suppose. confused_o.gif

evolution is the problem as is a few other addons, but as time goes by that'll be fixed. If i only play normal Arma i hardly ever have a CTD. on evolution / other addons though.... it's happened a few times. but not as much as for you - must depend on the PC setup or something i suppose. confused_o.gif

But as time goes by you've played it a million times so by the time its fixed you won't want to go near it, as for being fixed its got worst every version from 1.3 or so I don't see why all of a sudden it will be fixed because it should of been as it progressed version to version, anyway I guess I've come to dilike Evo... its old its buggy and theres better maps plus the ranking from points destroys team work as everyones there for themselfs.

It´s quite surprising for me that people who use the "Ask the mod" thread to loosen their frustration on uncontributative members now happily spam a thread to death and do nothing better than the persons they are complaining about.

As the patch is not released yet and any specualtion on an assumed releasedate is nonsense unless you are BIS staff or are working with a related publisher, the date simply can´t be debated here as NOONE except the fractions mentioned above can verify a date.

It´s funny how people complain about the forums turning into a kindergarten, but act like members of a kinderkarten whenever there is the chance to do so.

Umm... so Balschoiw you thought you'd join them............. huh.gif thats what PUBLIC forums are for ppl to whinge, comment and say whatever is on their mind....  icon_rolleyes.gif

I mean this quite seriously...

How long does it take to test a patch?

I assumed from the discussion on this thread and others that the patch release was "iminent." It's been a while since I became moderatly excited about the comunity finnaly being united...

but as I see from checking this thread...everyone is still just talking about it.

Apparently I incorrectly expected that the patch was on the verge.

So I am hoping for a "realistic" estimate, if that is even possible. Preferably from someone with experience in the field, not just guesswork.

I ask because I am about to switch ISP's and am hoping to time my outage correctly.

:(L)

@Scatterbrain:

Maybe there is a slight delay. Who knows, maybe they found a few more bugs they had to fix. We just don't know, but we can be sure the devs aren't just holding back the patch to annoy us.

If you want a patch that fixes bugs and doesn't cause any new ones, it's best to wait until they think it's ok to release it.

It would be great if the patch came out today though.

Quote[/b] ]I assumed from the discussion on this thread and others that the patch release was "iminent." It's been a while since I became moderatly excited about the comunity finnaly being united...

but as I see from checking this thread...everyone is still just talking about it.

I see you got served by bullshit estimations smile_o.gif

Who knows if the patch comes out today or next week.... or maybe the next week, though I wouldn't count on it.

Patch takes time, testing patch takes time...

It's really one big joke over here... everyone aims at BIS complaining they released it too early and have not tested this correctly and that correctly, but when we are waiting for a patch we'd rather have them just hurry up and give us the patch... Bit weird aint it smile_o.gif

If they still have it in testing, then I don't think BIS can give a sane estimation. Also, if they give an estimation, and can't make it, we get a huge flame thread probably; It can never be enough for the customer LOL.

Balschoiw hit the bull's-eye.

Quote[/b] ]I assumed from the discussion on this thread and others that the patch release was "iminent."  It's been a while since I became moderatly excited about the comunity finnaly being united...

I see you got served by bullshit estimations smile_o.gif

Who knows if the patch comes out today or next week.... or maybe the next week, though I wouldn't count on it.

Patch takes time, testing patch takes time...

It's really one big joke over here... everyone aims at BIS complaining they released it too early and have not tested this correctly and that correctly, but when we are waiting for a patch we'd rather have them just hurry up and give us the patch... Bit weird aint it smile_o.gif

If they still have it in testing, then I don't think BIS can give a sane estimation. Also, if they give an estimation, and can't make it, we get a huge flame thread probably; It can never be enough for the customer LOL.

quoting for <s>truth</s> facts sad_o.gif