Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

Info on upcoming 1.08 patch

Thanks BIS for supporting and improving the game.

I particularly appreciate multi airport for AI and bullets' holes on objects xmas_o.gif

Now I hope this new patch will be as stable and framerate friendly as beta 1.07 !

Malick

500 tweaks and fixes looks like pretty impressive number, this should be interesting.

Yeah looks like some good improvements. I have alot of faith in BIS to not be like 99% of the market where nothing gets fixed after 1-2 patches. Kudos!

Now for 1.08:

Quote[/b] ] New texture detail "Default" that auto-detects the amount of VRAM (Recommended Texture Detail setting for users of cards with more than 512 VRAM

I REALLY REALLY hope this fixes my 8800s CTDs,etc that is my biggest concern right now is actually be able to play the game for more than 15mins.

This sounds like some good news with unexpected features like bullet holes and the new texture detail "default".

/Steve Ballmer's voice on

I love this company!

/Steve Ballmer's voice off

Now, let's start the "when the next patch is released?" topic fest.

Multiple working runways will be nice indeed, same for bullet decals on objects. Cant wait to see everyone running the same version.

Arma really came a long way smile_o.gif .

Good work as usual BI, you're doing a fine job. We really appreciate this. smile_o.gif

wait till the patch is out, then we'll see, meanwhile, assume notthing

Every new change log is a testament to the dedication put into the continued development of the game, from the dev team to those who report and thoroughly descripe problems in a constructive manner, so finding the problem and sollution becomes an easier task.

I bought ArmA solely based on OFP's, BIS's and the community's merits, I'm happy to see OFP's cooperation continued.

I'm guessing they are finally implementing what they wanted to from the start but ran out of time or something else.

Every new change log is a testament to the dedication put into the continued development of the game, from the dev team to those who report and thoroughly descripe problems in a constructive manner, so finding the problem and sollution becomes an easier task.

I bought ArmA solely based on OFP's, BIS's and the community's merits, I'm happy to see OFP's cooperation continued.

the community is not the same, really confused_o.gif

@MehMan

sorry for using chinglish, but the rules is simple:

No money, No talk

500 tweaks and additions.. As we say on the farm, "that ain't hay"

Nice job BIS.  Much appreciated.  yay.gif

i think half of them already made into the 1.07 patch confused_o.gif

the  support  from  bis  is  great ..  constantly  fixing  there  product ...   huh.gif

Nice job BIS. Much appreciated. yay.gif

Well he did say 'since 1.05', so that's pretty obvious. 1.07 is not an official patch, it's a beta.

I can't wait for this patch. Hope it will be out soon biggrin_o.gif

Well he did say 'since 1.05', so that's pretty obvious. 1.07 is not an official patch, it's a beta.

I can't wait for this patch. Hope it will be out soon biggrin_o.gif

i just dont wish this topic start feeding whiners fuels for another firework display

yeah juhuuu! a lifesign of the next official patch! juhuuuu! :P

Quote[/b] ]wait till the patch is out, then we'll see, meanwhile, assume nothing

Couldn't agree more, also fixing and improving a game that wasn't finished isn't really something to get to thankful for but i am glad that they are doing it rather than not. I will not be singing BIS's praises until they fix to a level of satisfaction for me (in my own opinion so don't flame me saying i love it, its fine or i hate it and will never be right etc).

Also won't be fully happy until they give us something that we were not expecting within the next few patches, or had given up on ie tracers, climbing, better AI (well can't get any worse) etc etc blah blah blah, stuck record i know but for me essential, also of the 500 changes the vast majority will be very simple tweaks that would have already been done if the game was developed for slightly longer, (yes i know they ran out of money and i accept that, it happens). So i guess thank you for sticking to it and not running away when the amount of work still to be done was fully realised, you can make this a great vanilla game still and looking forward to future releases of patches.

Quote[/b] ] I have alot of faith in BIS to not be like 99% of the market where nothing gets fixed after 1-2 patches. Kudos!

Any examples? every game i have played and patched have only required a few patches before being fully completed, or if extra patches come out its for more features instead of bug fixes.

Quote[/b] ] I have alot of faith in BIS to not be like 99% of the market where nothing gets fixed after 1-2 patches. Kudos!

Any examples? every game i have played and patched have only required a few patches before being fully completed.

Rainbow Six Vegas on PC. The MP is rubbish.

@Billy-no-mates

all things are related by ratio/proportion in business terms

oh and these games that patches wont fix a thing is just too many to list them out

the community is not the same, really confused_o.gif

Generally you just have to look outside general.

No honest i realise what your saying and if the games you have had experience with are like that then i'm sorry, but saying 99% of games don't get fixed within patches etc etc is just rubbish and it's kind of elevating BIS to a standard of super developer which they are not, they are good yes and this project to raise money for Game 2 is one that was probably neccesary for their survival as i said, but lets not go to over the top, i have great hopes and chances are they will come good (or go out of buisness, which hopefully none of us want).