Sign in to follow this  
Battling

i need your help!

hi, i found this yesterday, i think it is some kind of optics of an russian armored vehicle but i absolutly dont know to what kind of vehicle it belongs

please help me with this and maybe someone can translate the writings on it for me

help.gif

opticsnz9.th.jpg

thanks BattlingB*tch

wow, what an amazing find :O ebay that and ud make a fortune, I only can find WWII bullets where I live, what country do u live?

According to transcription on that thing it is TWNO-2. Relating to page that i linked, that device is used in BMP tanks for operating during night. Nice found btw

hi, i found this yesterday, i think it is some kind of optics of an russian armored vehicle but i absolutly dont know to what kind of vehicle it belongs

please help me with this and maybe someone can translate the writings on it for me

help.gif

I can decypher some cyrillic if I really try biggrin_o.gif. Reyhard's explanation makes sense since part of the text on the bottom right hand picture is a warning against deployment of this equipment in bright light.

*edit* the text on the bottom reads: Do not deploy in bright light, follow the rules of operation.

The red text with numbers denotes which aperture size on the rotating disks should be used for what condition - I believe they read

1. Sunlight

2. Cloudy

3. Fog *

4. Nighttime *

* Not as sure about 3 and 4 but it makes sense no?

*edit again*

And the text above the warning identifies it as TVNE-1PA, Driver's night vision device used on BMP-1 and 2, and some versions of T-64, T-72, T-80

http://www.ukrspetsexport.com/arm_tvn.html

http://army-guide.com/eng....ae0ecd2

Kenji probably knows, I'll ask him next time I see him on MSN.

Looks like some kind of periscope. Maybe Night Vision too. I've been looking for such goggles for a while now. Russian goggles cost around 1-200$. But no idea about the diff between good/bad ones yet.

thanks for your great help so far

@brataccas i live in germany to be more exact east germany ("altmark")

@Tovarish thanks for translating,i know some russian letters myself but i was never good at school in russian but according to my knowledge and your translating work i think too its an TVNE - 1PA cause this is written over the warning as u said plus i weighted it and yeah its nearly 4 kg

ah yeah actually i didnt find it, my dad was the lucky cause he is working at a garbage depot and the machines there are not happy with that kind of garbage so he pulled it out and brought it to me hehe yay.gif

if anyone could find somemore info he's always welcome

and does anyone know how i could test if it is still working?

im not sure about the 27 C DC input voltage from that site http://army-guide.com/eng....ae0ecd2

seems pretty uncommon to me

Just wanted to correct Tovarish on the red text translation:

1. Sunny

2. Cloudy

3. Dull (Dense clouds)

4. Dusk

PS Nice find indeed smile_o.gif  Hope you'll get it to work somehow  smile_o.gif