Sign in to follow this  
gazmen

When a ARMA french forum ?

I'm sure there are plenty of french ArmA forums around. Perhaps here.

I hardly think they will split this forum up into multiple languages, apart from English (world language) and Czech (devs native language).

apart from English (world language)

Who told you this english is used only in Britain, north america & australian, of caurse there are some speaker in ancient colony's... But be realiste, please, Chinese is more speaked & Hindou to... Then arab and then latin language (portugese, spanish, italian, french...), & then is english...

If you live in britain (CW & north america) or in benelux, the media will try to make you believe that there is a lot people speaking english everyday but is just a trick & propaganda...

A lot of people are now speaking spanich in the United States of North America (and this is an official language)...

Also, french is one of the Six U.N official language :

- Chinese (1.600.000.000 Chinese)

- Arab  (1.000.000.000 Muslim)

- Roman (French, English, Spanish : Estimed at 500.000.000)

- Russian (250.000.000 Slaves from Russia to Czech & Serbia)

A french official forum would be better than those made by communauty

Pointless topic. I suggest:

1. Delete your figures.

2. Go and look up how many people have English as EITHER their first or SECOND language (compared to Mandarin, Arabic, French etc.).

3. Cross-reference these figures with statistics on internet penetration by country.

4. Update your post.

5. Ask for moderator to close this thread?

nener.gif

Mais au serieux ca ne sert a rien mon ami! L'anglais est devenu la langue internationale des affaires - il suffit de voyager en Chine pour voir comment les jeunes chinois essayent de l'apprendre (j'ai travaille en chine comme prof d'anglais) wink_o.gif

The only reason so many people speak Mandarin Chinese (Just over one billion native and secondary speakers according to Wikipedia, or try this) is because the population of China is so large, very few, if any, countries other than China actually use it.

I think you'll find that whilst English might not be the most widely spoken language, some of the largest global powers have it as their native language and therefore if other countries wish to do business with them a grasp of English is needed. Besides, even though the British Empire has collapsed, some of our customs have rubbed off, the language for instance.

I think if you look at this forum as an example you'll find that a significant proportion of members are not native English-speakers, yet they have mastered the language to be able to get around. I realise this is incredibly ignorant on my behalf, expecting people to learn my language, but I admire those who are bilingual, something which is beyond me.

Sorry for the offtopic, just thought I had to show the other side of the story.

As for French forums Armed Assault.info has a French section.

totally unecessaryu with a french section imo it would probably be too much work for the admins on the forum to manage even more sections tounge2.gif

Seriously... Who do I have to sleep with to get a danish forum?

Quote[/b] ]When a ARMA french forum ?
Quote[/b] ]Quote (MadDogX @ June 01 2007,09:53)

apart from English (world language)

Who told you this english is used only in Britain, north america & australian, of caurse there are some speaker in ancient colony's... But be realiste, please, Chinese is more speaked & Hindou to... Then arab and then latin language (portugese, spanish, italian, french...), & then is english...

If you live in britain (CW & north america) or in benelux, the media will try to make you believe that there is a lot people speaking english everyday but is just a trick & propaganda...

A lot of people are now speaking spanich in the United States of North America (and this is an official language)...

Also, french is one of the Six U.N official language :

- Chinese (1.600.000.000 Chinese)

- Arab  (1.000.000.000 Muslim)

- Roman (French, English, Spanish : Estimed at 500.000.000)

- Russian (250.000.000 Slaves from Russia to Czech & Serbia)

A french official forum would be better than those made by communauty

Maybe after chinese, arab, roman and russian forums then. I love the way you reason that english is not the international language.

Am i the only one to notice that the topic starter made three mistakes in three words?

Parlez-vous français?

It's what i'd call a bad start ....

It seems my minor remark has started a discussion about which language is the world language. This isn't what the thread is about.

Since the OPs question seems to have been answered, this topic should be closed before it turns into yet another flamefest.

Mais au serieux ca ne sert a rien mon ami! L'anglais est devenu la langue internationale des affaires - il suffit de voyager en Chine pour voir comment les jeunes chinois essayent de l'apprendre (j'ai travaille en chine comme prof d'anglais)  wink_o.gif

Perhaps in Hong Kong ex colonial place, but now Hong-Kong is China !

Look at OFP.GAMEPARK.CZ in this page you can choose you language ! (Czech, German, French, English, Russian)

English is deviated latin language where Germanic word were added... And where the sound were deviated (phonetics)

Note : Dutch is English mixed with german... English is more a latin language than the dutch...

French is the language where the latin root of the writing word are most the same with the origins. For speaked word is the Italian...

Quote[/b] ]If you live in britain (CW & north america) or in benelux, the media will try to make you believe that there is a lot people speaking english everyday but is just a trick & propaganda...

Seriously what? trick and propaganda, your questions fair enough but to say this, being new to the forums i am dumbfounded if this is the level of conversation that posts turn in to.

And your questions been answered are you volunteering to moderate these French forums?

Is it our fault the attempted French Empires failed in the 16th to 19th century. huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]Look at OFP.GAMEPARK.CZ in this page you can choose you language ! (Czech, German, French, English, Russian)

If you can't see the difference between a multilingual website and a multilingual forum then I feel sorry for you. BTW, next time you link to a site like that you might want to have the simple courtesy to warn people of the hundreds of pop ups they're going to get spammed with.

Quote[/b] ]English is deviated latin language where Germanic word were added... And where the sound were deviated (phonetics)

Note : Dutch is English mixed with german... English is more a latin language than the german...

French is the language where the latin root of the word are most the same with the origins.

Your knowledge of the history of European languages is astounding........ It's absolute rubbish, but it's astounding rubbish. rofl.gif

Let's see... English is an official language in 68 countries (30 for French), and has rougly 350 million native speakers (around 70-80 million for French). Plus about double that as a secondary language. Plus around 89% of schoolchildren in EU study English. about 32% study French.

Mais au serieux ca ne sert a rien mon ami! L'anglais est devenu la langue internationale des affaires - il suffit de voyager en Chine pour voir comment les jeunes chinois essayent de l'apprendre (j'ai travaille en chine comme prof d'anglais) wink_o.gif

Perhaps in Hong Kong ex colonial place, but now Hong-Kong is China !

No, not Hong Kong, Chinese mainland! Hundreds of millions of Chinese people learning English!!! Wake up to the reality!!!!

According to research by the British Council, "English has official or special status in at least seventy-five countries with a total population of over two billion."

Two billion!! That's two billion people able to read and speak English to some degree!!! A third of the entire population of the planet... That's why we have this 'impression' that English is the global language.

Should I translate this into French for you, oh wait, you speak English too..... wink_o.gif

Just trying to be objective tounge2.gif

We can have an official forum with anyLanguageSpokeOnTheWorld part.

First, each forum you have, each information is dispatched, more information losed, the forum become useless smile_o.gif

English forum seems to be the best way to discuss about our favorite game and stuff around it. Most of people are able to understand basic english, some can write, other can talk...

But having english as official forum langage does not mean that all moderator have to be english (or czech) i think.

That's my point of view.

Anyway, for having a place to discuss in french, you have ArmA-Fr.net

Sorry for my english rofl.gif

Plus around 89% of schoolchildren in EU study English. about 32% study French.

This must be changed, we don't need VERRES in EU (Where is, Wear, Were, Whore, Aware from the root VERRES [pig in Latin])... Learning it don't means using or assimilate it. Also know that a lof of african arab russia learn chinese... For chinese learning english in China is possible, but useless for them, they never meet english people since they are gone...

Since china help africa to build infrastructure more & more people are learning it... English is an uglysh language, made for strange people, it's make people servile by the use of rules in writing & prononciation... (The english phonetics is disastrous)

I hope that the EU will choose an invented language like esperanto to speak in all europe, like this everybody will be happy (or even a merged language of Spanish, French, Italian, English, Romanian)...

For those who lieke to speak english they can go in north america or australia !

English is an uglysh language, made for strange people, it's make people servile by the use of rules in writing & prononciation... (The english phonetics is disastrous)

Sorry, but are you just trying to provoke the native english speaking people here? I'm from England and I'm not happy with my mother tongue being called ugly, or myself being indirectly called "strange".

Your original question was whether there will be a french section so, since no one with any authority has answered that, I suggest you send someone like Shadow a PM.

Otherwise this is just a pointless discussion about which language is best. It's beyond my comprehension why this thread hasn't been unceremoniously locked, or at least moved to "Off Topic" where it belongs.

Quote[/b] ]For those who lieke to speak english they can go in north america or australia !

That's like saying those who want to speak french can go to Quebec. What was the point of that statement, apart from trolling?

Closing this as it leads only to flaming and pointless discussions.

</span>

Quote[/b] ]....English is an uglysh language, made for strange people....
<span =''>

Gazmen, WL1 for flaming a significant percentage of the population on this planet. mad_o.gif