Sign in to follow this  
Swamp Donkey

50 Caliber Sniper Rifle

I'm an avid hunter, and recently I had the opportunity (with the help of a military colleague) to utilize an M82 on a hunting trip in Arizona. I want to say that ArmA has very nicely replicated it's performance, and I would really like to just say thank you to the developers for focusing so much on accuracy in their game.

There must be antelope pieces all over Arizona right now. crazy_o.gif

I remember there was an OFP mod which made bodies explode if hit by a large caliber gun. Can't we have that in ARMA when we use .50 cal ?

guys try not to get too much hollywood here, a .50 cal wont rip off a body(human or not) at range, it would, however, creat a huge hole on target, the only time that you will see target get tear off is like what you see in new rambo teaser: rapid fire at zero distance

edit: oh and it wont blow up just like the body in the teaser too, but the out come is nasty enought

guys try not to get too much hollywood here, a .50 cal wont rip off a body(human or not) at range, it would, however, creat a huge hole on target, the only time that you will see target get tear off is like what you see in new rambo teaser: rapid fire at zero distance

edit: oh and it wont blow up just like the body in the teaser too, but the out come is nasty enought

actually saw some vids of US snipers in afganistan sniping with m82, and the dudes just blew up in the air, with allkinda shit flying everywhere(muscles, bones, blood, not a pretty sight)

Ill try to find the vid later on.

I saw the same clips, even near misses were creating enough of a shockwave to do serious damage.

actually saw some vids of US snipers in afganistan sniping with m82, and the dudes just blew up in the air, with allkinda shit flying everywhere(muscles, bones, blood, not a pretty sight)

That is a video of varmint hunting. They were shooting rock chucks with a .17 predator caliber rifle. They've since remixed their video to include their website address so people can't steal it and claim that it's iraq footage, when in fact they're shooting pests in the rocky mountain region of the USA. You can still see some of the same scenes on their website. It's the Rock-Chuck scene of their Varmint Safari II previews. The Website is called Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunting.. rmvh.com.

In the game, without the ability to zero the scope, long range sniping is hampered a good bit as the person your shooting at is thinner in your view than the lower thick section of the cross hair and is obscured.

i am not sure if the standard XM107 cames with a fixed 10 power scope or not, only knows its made by Leupold

Wasnt talking about scope zoom, Its the ability to Zero the scope so the centre of the crosshair is on target thats needed in the game..

Depends on the type of round that is used.

puma, this one?

**link removed - graphic content**

you can clearly see they aren't people tbh

puma, this one?

you can clearly see they aren't people tbh

Agree!

they for sure are no people... why should someone sit right there on a rock all the time ? Do you still think the Afghans are all hiding in mountains and caves ?

This video is low quality ... probably edited some shit into it, no idea.

Hi all

Rabbits

Only a numpty would believe that is snipers or Afghanistan. rofl.gif

Kind Regards walker

Umm if i were you i'd quickly edit ur post and get rid of that video, fake or not the mods wont be happy.. rules state u shouldnt post graphic vids :S

Umm if i were you i'd quickly edit ur post and get rid of that video, fake or not the mods wont be happy.. rules state u shouldnt post graphic vids :S

He said while raising an avatar representing a guy in fire.

Just kidding tounge2.gif

rabbits.....correct me if i am wrong but aint those little animals could get "blow up" even with 7.62?

Plaintiffs response shamelessly posted for those numpties wink_o.gif

Okay, read the thread. They are Rock Chucks. The rifle is .17 caliber predator. I not only know what animal it is and what caliber rifle, I also know who shot them (not personally). All of this information is also available to you if you read about it on rmvh.com.

RC050604_145909_1.jpg

3W.jpg

.17 = 4.32 mm. The predator load is the one on the right.

The video is not in afghanistan nor is it of a human getting killed...

Would be rather interesting to see a kill from a snipers perspective on video, that isn't one of those iraqi propaganda 'juba' videos crazy_o.gif

Okay, read the thread.  They are Rock Chucks.  The rifle is .17 caliber predator.  I not only know what animal it is and what caliber rifle, I also know who shot them (not personally).  All of this information is also available to you if you read about it on rmvh.com.

[im]http://www.jessleephotos.com/RC050604_145909_1.jpg[/img]

[im]http://www.rmvh.com/images/3W.jpg[/img]

.17 = 4.32 mm.  The predator load is the one on the right.

pile down plain simply we are just joking over the place how silly the video are

But... righteous indignation is what keeps me alive (as far as I know).