Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

Martial Arts script?

Well, on YouTube there are several videos of ArmA characters performing a kata-thingy, and I was wondering what script to smack into the initialization box.

I did a search on this forum for "Karate", "Martial Arts", "Kata" and "Kung Fu", but there were no results. Also, I tried consulting the so-called "ArmA Wiki", but I didn't exactly find it to be the epitome of user-friendlyness. confused_o.gif

So; sorry if this has been brought up before, but exactly what script do I have to write in order to get the soldiers to do the martial arts-thingy?

Nope. I slapped a soldier into the map in front of me, copy/pasted the init into the field, and upon starting, yup, he pretty much just stood there.

Currently you can not play a move from the init. You can place a wp on the one that is to exercise it and type the above code into the onact...

...Aaand it worked! Thanks a bunch.

I use "TALK" waypoints for doing playmove/switchmove. The unit doesn't move anywhere, but executes your playmove or switchmove. You can do multiple TALK waypoints in a row if you choose, and time them by putting values in in the min/max/avg fields of how long to wait before executing the waypoint.

Currently you can not play a move from the init. You can place a wp on the one that is to exercise it and type the above code into the onact...

I suppose that

nil = this spawn {sleep (0.01); originalscript }

ought to fix that. Use _this instead of this in the script in question.

Quote[/b] ]

nil = this spawn {sleep (0.01); originalscript }

Well if you do this you need a script don't you. If you play many moves then go ahead use scripts but I think that if it's only used for 1 action just use a WP.