Sign in to follow this  
Yossarian

Help With New Units

I want to create new units using existing models. My textures work fine, but I'd like to create a non-overwriting addon. My config seems to be working. I can select my group and class and place the character on the map, but when I go to play, the game crashes. Something about "ran out of memory"

I'm thinking it's probably something to do with the way I edited the p3d. I used HxD to "find and replace" textures and paths. But I'll be honest, I didn't really know what I was doing.

**So how do you take a p3d and edit it's texture and texture path? huh.gif

thanks for any help.

Searching was the first thing I tried. But I wasn't looking for the right stuff. I found some usefull p3d editing help.

But I'm still getting a CTD. The new p3d should be fine, the replaced directory/file are the same length as the old ones. But I still get a CTD.... no error report either... confused_o.gif

Then the paths aren't fine and/or you're doing something wrong with the hex-editing. If the models with your new textures are crashing the game, its either the hex-edited models, or the textures (though the issue being caused by the textures is unlikely).

Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. The hex editing was fine, and the textures work when they overwrite the old ones. The problem was messed up mod folder/.pbo names and that stuff didn't match up in the config. Fixed now.

So I've got a full squad of SF ODA operators, but the Medic isn't acting like a Medic. The AT soldier shows up as an AT soldier, but the medic doesn't show up as a medic. I've tried a few things in the config, but can't get him to work.