Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet_Pimp

Play Arma with out needing the DVD in drive

Just wondering if there is any way of getting Arma to not need the DVD in the drive always.  This issue really gets on my nerves for some reason.  IF its impossible maybe this feature could be added in a future patch, and belive me this is a feature, i'm no the only person who would like this.

I have an original copy of the game and don't want to download illegal fixed exe files, i just want to be able to click the shortcut to start the game with out getting the message insert correct disk because then i just won't be botherd to play.  It may sound lazy but it also help when igo to LANs as i don't have to carry all my games around too. Or maybe a mini image might work i use one for BF2 with out any problems, is anyone else using a mini image?

I got the Atari DL version so I never have a ArmA disc in my drive. tounge2.gif

Lucky you.

I remember when half life 2 came out i bought it on a disk and you had to play that with the CD in the drive for the first couple of months until an update sorted it out, needless to say i hardly botherd with it until that update. Hopefully Bis can sort this out and give everyone the joys of disk free gaming yay.gif

i hear ya i really wish all games removed the REQ disk all it does is take life off the Drive life span i no OFP eventully came with a patch that removed the REQ disk

mabe someone could add this to a feature request notworthy.gif

IIRC, this is put in by the company publishing the game, and not by BIS

And they won't remove it until the they feel most of the profit they can gain from the game has been gained

Yes, it would be great if companies started to no longer require the disk

I know a certain game that did that on release, and reached top ten position in sales in alot of countries

maybe a mini image might work i use one for BF2 with out any problems, is anyone else using a mini image?

Mini-images are not made by the manufacturer and cannot be discussed here

I found BF2 protection stupid that it has the internet account and still requires the cd to play

cd should only be required for offline play

Closing topic. Discussing ways around the copy protection is not allowed here. SpongeBob is correct that the DL version gets around this.