Sign in to follow this  
cl10k

ArmA Modelling Basics

You just need the .exe of the old O2 to get the export function. You can run the two version side by side.

Hey could somebody be kind enough to .rar up the old .exe and post it here? I want to see if I can improve my crappy models in some other application...

No it wont install.Its the whole directory.I have 3 copies of O2 in place.The installed latest release.A folder of RC2 and another of the RC1.they all work (cept use config of installed one)

But has the extra export features on the older ones

help.gif

How do I increase graphical quality in Buldozer? I know its has something to do with moving a profile from ArmA. But where do i move it and how do i set it up so buldozer uses it?

I have...

P:\Users\Synide\Synide.ArmAProfile = A modified copy of my in-game profile.

In P:\Dta I have a text file called product.cpp... So, P:\Dta\product.cpp with the following text in it...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

profilePathDefault="";

profilePathCommon="";

extensionSave="ArmASave";

extensionProfile="ArmAProfile";

extensionWizardMission="ArmAWizardMission";

extensionAddon="ArmAAddon";

In my O2PE Options, for my buldozer lanuch parameters I have...

"C:\Games\ArmA\ArmA.exe" -noarmalib -window -buldozer -noland -profiles=P:\ -name=Synide -addons=armaaddons.txt

You can then edit YourName.ArmAProfile with whatever quality settings you desire...

Also, with the above settings a ArmA.cfg will be present in P:\, so P:\ArmA.cfg. Edit this as well as desired.

...ok?

i know this is the O2 part of forums but do you guys got any tips on how to model tank tracks? crazy_o.gif

do you guys do it box modeling or use planes or what?

Quote[/b] ]i know this is the O2 part of forums but do you guys got any tips on how to model tank tracks? crazy_o.gif

do you guys do it box modeling or use planes or what?

The beauty of modelling is, it doesn't mather how you make something....as long the end result works for you.

Personally (in 02) i would first make the 'profile' of your track and then extrude it and move/rotated it around the segments of your wheels.

Hi, here it's a free 3D program that seems that haves potential, and

i guess that it allows to export files into 3DS/3DSM>==>O2 compatible

file tipe. If someone wants or can try it... here it's the Link to the

page:

DAZ3D.

Let's C ya

Hi, here it's a free 3D program that seems that haves potential, and

i guess that it allows to export files into 3DS/3DSM>==>O2 compatible

file tipe. If someone wants or can try it... here it's the Link to the

page:

DAZ3D.

Let's C ya

unfortunately daz3d is only good for posing large-breasted ladies biggrin_o.gif

If you want a free modeling tool go for blender biggrin_o.gif

TIP FOR BOMBS AND MISSILES

Addon makers make sure when you make bomb and missile 3d models, that you give the GEO lod some weight (in kgs) but DO NOT STRUCTURE -> TOPOLOGY -> FIND COMPONENTS

. ie defining "Component01", "Component02" etc in O2

The "Find Components" option in O2 typically makes it so other objects are able to impact the geometry LOD, and vice versa. The problem is this means when a 100kg object doing 900km/h hits another static object, ArmA has a habit of making the static object fly off !! especially ships sad_o.gif

It also avoids problems like dropping bombs from a plane and having them "bump" into the plane itself.

Anyhow, a lesson learnt from me, that probably a few in the community already knew.