Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Holand - i am in shock

Don't forget his sidekicks, Crossman and Wonder Wouter.

super-spruit.jpg

If someone would try such a show in my country i would dig up an old RPG and send it flying at the TV stations owner.

If you try to make somekind of twisted 21st century gladiatorial competition between the sick i'll send high explosive projectiles your way.

This whole basic precept is clearly flawed. To be in need of an organ transplant you wouldnt be able to actually do any fighting.

What fighting? What kind of news sources do you people have? crazy_o.gif

I believe Jahve was making a joke huh.gif

Well, Vilas also said it, which makes me think that some newssource somewhere had to make the story a bit more interesting for whatever reason.. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Somehow this gives people a sour/bitter feeling which reminds them of Brussels sprout. Brussels sprouts are spruitjes in dutch, hence spruitjesman = our MP Dr. Balkenende.

info

Better info. biggrin_o.gif

The whole show was a hoax. The kidney giver was an actress. The idea was to focus the attention on organ donation.

The whole show was a hoax. The kidney giver was an actress. The idea was to focus the attention on organ donation.

Hehe, thought so smile_o.gif.

Well, in the western world profits come first, human beings second.

Read the entire thread next time. You may see it in a different light. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The whole show was a hoax. The kidney giver was an actress. The idea was to focus the attention on organ donation.

The idea was to focus the attention on organ donation.

It sure did its job haha. smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]The whole show was a hoax. The kidney giver was an actress. The idea was to focus the attention on organ donation.

Oh 'Thank God' for that... (if that's true)

That makes it worse. I personally dispise any attempt at manipulation.

If that is the case then this certainly did not have the desired effect on me. My disgust at the concept and then at the fact it was a hoax completely nullifies any compassion that may have been gained for the issue.

Disgraceful.

Hi all

The Show did its job raised awareness and even increased the number of donors, also pointed out for us who the not so nice people are that are knocking it and pretending not getting a donor card is because the show upset them. Yeh we realy believe you.

Kind Regards walker

Hehe, I knew it. They did a great job, and they achieved their goal. Whole battalions of international journalists were present, so the coverage was optimal. This stunt finally got people talking about a very serious, vital aspect of our society. European initiatives are underway. Now tell me, would this have been achieved by "a moving documentary"?

I dont know... In Denmark organ donation isn't discussed more than before. But I do think it's good that we still have ethics and people still can be upset about so unethical shows smile_o.gif.

Of course. The network itself was disgusted by the idea. That's the whole point.

I'm glad that in the age of state paternalism and political correctness, we are still capable of making controversial, thought-provoking television.

Holand - i am in shock

in TV they said that in Holland there will be some kind of big-brother with people fighting for get chance to survive (for life to get kidney)

one of three persons will get kidney, other will die of cancer , giver in the show will decide to whom give kidney,

is western europe has no moral doubts, how can suffering and illness of people with cancer can be at TV show ?

how can be something like this happening, for me man who makes show from suffering of other man should get bullet, how can you let such things to happen without consequences ?

for me it is antihuman

it's holland

2 ll's ^^ yay.gif

i'm from holland but live in nigeria

I am from Sweden where we are really for donating when you are dead. The dutch did good job when they aired this show, too bad it is nescessary.

Combining the words "west" and "morals" are like trying to mix oil and water.

I'm also shocked but not surprised.

Yea, most danes are organ donors, but they could always use some more, though ;/

It's probably paranoia, but I believe that if I were to become a donor, they'd put me in a register and off me if a more prominent citizen required my guts. yay.gif

It's pretty damn tasteless, especially int he fact that three people are essentially 'competing' for a kidney.

FYI, over here you are asked when you get your drivers license if you want to be an organ donor and if you say yes it is written on the back. I said yes but god/allah/budda help anyone who gets my liver biggrin_o.gif

It's pretty damn tasteless, especially int he fact that three people are essentially 'competing' for a kidney.

FYI, over here you are asked when you get your drivers license if you want to be an organ donor and if you say yes it is written on the back. I said yes but god/allah/budda help anyone who gets my liver biggrin_o.gif

Did you read the thread?

It was PR stunt to get more donors.

Some random info afterwards:

Teenagers gave the show a 8.4/10, older people a 7/10.

In the week after the show over 50 000 people signed up as a donor.

1.2 million peole watched the show.