Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Holand - i am in shock

Holand - i am in shock

in TV they said that in Holland there will be some kind of big-brother with people fighting for get chance to survive (for life to get kidney)

one of three persons will get kidney, other will die of cancer , giver in the show will decide to whom give kidney,

is western europe has no moral doubts, how can suffering and illness of people with cancer can be at TV show ?

how can be something like this happening, for me man who makes show from suffering of other man should get bullet, how can you let such things to happen without consequences ?

for me it is antihuman

I heard something about that on the news... (british news)

Is it really in some sort of gameshow format??

It's a sign of the times, a sign that people are starting to tolerate bullshit like this, because everyone's a child nowadays...

Quote[/b] ]is western europe has no moral doubts, how can suffering and illness of people with cancer can be at TV show ?

Woah! Good god, it's a TV company that came up with the show, not the whole of Western Europe! Don't judge entire groups by the actions of a few.

Anyway it is a strange TV show. They want to highlight donor shortages, well, make a good documentary then. What is it they are going to do with the show exactly? But I wouldn't kill them like Vilas is saying, then you would be as bad as them.

C*** shows for c*** peoples living in c*** times. Luckly I don't watch TV, so I still have my brain unharmed.

Klavan

i am also a little childish, okay, i am 30 years old, police, public administration, i like stupid comedy's on TV, i love monthy python, i can play with my friends like small boy

but NEVER ever such thing

for me this is not childish

what will be next TV show with pedophile "i will kill rape one of those girls, now parents can do some exercises, some questions, who will fail this week will have child in grave, so can we start play , question 1 - capitol city of venezuela is a), b) c) " ?

if this is sign of time, than thanx for such time

i think someone is really fucked in mind

thigs called freedom of speech should have limits

yeah i herd that all the way over here (in the US) it stikes me as... well... dickish. why would u show something like that? anyone else think we should bust down the TV creators door and stick the sick b*****ds head in the toilet and see if we can flush him where he belongs?

*shakes head*... sad

Im having dificulties processing that... anyone got a link?

Shouldn't have been posted without really confused_o.gif

okay, so sorry for "west"

but as far as i know there are countries in which freedom of speech causes printing "history" books denying holocaust or even saying that somebody other started war

for me this is example that too much freedom will turn against society

some people sometimes criticizes other governments for not letting so much freedom of speech , but as i see some part of mankind is not grown to be free :/

Shouldn't have been posted without really confused_o.gif

A fast google search will give you many results.

Klavan

Guest Ti0n3r

Yeha, all this "reality" TV crap has gone too far mad_o.gif

in TV they said that in Holland there will be some kind of big-brother with people fighting for get chance to survive (for life to get kidney)

Fighting? You news is more like anti-liberal propaganda... tounge2.gif

Its a show where 1 person who will certainly die can choose between 3 people to give him his kidney, they will talk etc and the guy who is going to die then makes a decision on who will be the best person to give his kidney to.

IMO its quite tasteless, but on the other hand, they now have 33% chance of getting a kidney and in a hospital it is much lower. This show raises alot of attention on the lack of donor organs which is a good thing. Although their methods are questionable. smile_o.gif

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]Oh, and I heard that their former leader of that particular TV-station died a couple years ago after waiting for some organ. Don't know if this was somekind a joke gotten out of hand at their annual christmas party or something.

True, its not a joke, like i said above: raising attention for the lack of donor-organs is not a bad things, however this method is very, very odd at least.

Quote[/b] ]Im having dificulties processing that... anyone got a link?

'BNN' and 'Bart de Graaf' is all i will say about this, guess you understand it now.. wink_o.gif

Yep, heard it as well here in Denmark. I do think it's a horrible concept, and when I heard about it were allowed because of freedom of speech I was like... What?

What does a gameshow where kidneys are ya price have to do about freedom of speech?!

Anyway, can't be too arsed about it, it's the same TV-station from Holland that always makes these stunts. I simply think they smoke too much weed downthere smile_o.gif.

Oh, and I heard that their former leader of that particular TV-station died a couple years ago after waiting for some organ. Don't know if this was somekind a joke gotten out of hand at their annual christmas party or something.

Vilas - where did you hear about countries printing the holocaust as fake in history books because of freedom of speech? I think you got it all wrong, mate. Again - I cannot see how you link this program to freedom of speech, please explain.

i am antiliberal biggrin_o.gif

Electro:

David Irving for example, punished in Austria and one more country for exapmle for denying holocaust, little forbidden in PL, but printed in other countries, few days ago he was pushed out from publishers exhibition of historical books in my city

Im having dificulties processing that... anyone got a link?
Quote[/b] ]AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) -- A Dutch reality show that claims to be trying to draw attention to a shortage of organ donors said Tuesday it would go ahead with a program in which a terminally ill woman will choose a contestant to receive one of her kidneys.

The program, "Big Donor Show," has been attacked as unethical and tasteless. One member of the Dutch parliament suggested the government should block Friday's broadcast.

Editor's Picks

"We know that this program is super controversial and some people will think it's tasteless, but we think the reality is even more shocking and tasteless: waiting for an organ is just like playing the lottery," Laurens Drillich, chairman of the BNN network, said in a statement.

He said waiting lists in the Netherlands are more than four years long and 200 patients die annually for lack of a donor.

The network identified the donor as "Lisa," a 37-year-old woman with an inoperable brain tumor. During the show, she will hear interviews with the three candidates, their families and friends before choosing who will get her kidney.

The show is being produced by Endemol NV, the creator of the "Big Brother" series.

A spokeswoman for BNN said that there could be no guarantees the donation would actually be made, "but the intention is" Lisa's donation would be carried out before she died.

That is because her wish to donate to a particular candidate "wouldn't be valid anymore after her death" under Dutch donation rules, Marieke Saly said. If Lisa does donate one kidney while living, the other kidney may still be awarded to someone else on a national donation waiting list under the country's organ allotment system.

Viewers will be able to vote for the candidate they feel is most deserving via SMS text message, but "Lisa will determine who the happy one is," BNN said in a statement.

Saly could not say how much it will cost to send an SMS, but most TV programs charge around $1.35.

Joop Atsma, a lawmaker of the ruling Christian Democrats, raised the issue in parliament, asking the government whether the program violated any law.

"Viewers will be able to vote for the candidate they feel is most deserving via SMS"

many years ago i read in one of messages that one jurnalist payed to sniper to shoot man in Sarajevo to have good material for NEWS

i don't know how it ended, for me such journalist should be shot too

eye for an eye

what the fuckin planet i live on ?

Let me rephrase 'children' into 'apathetic teenagers who lack any sort of intelligence' is basically what the modern world consists of...

Let me rephrase 'children' into 'apathetic teenagers who lack any sort of intelligence' is basically what the modern world consists of...

It's just the culture we live in.

culture ?

if one day man will kill your daughter because for example this is surprise you win by SMS of viewers what will you say ?

people should change such "culture"

Do you really think such a program will appeal only this kind of audience?

Klavan

Interesting sidenote:

The guy who had the idea for the show-concept died recently...you guessed it..because there was no donor kidney for him.

While I´m split on the show-concept as a whole I do see the need to debate the organ-donor issue as a whole. In my opinion it should be handled europe-wide as it´s handled in Austria: If you don´t oppose organ-donation in written form during your lifetime you will automatically be an organ donor once you are dead.

For me this sounds like a good plan.

People who do not want to be donors for any reasons can write it down and go to soil in one piece and the others will be automatically donors if they die.

I have a friend who´s waiting for a kidney for 4 years now. This is all but not funny. She´s 30 and every year she has to wait more she literally becomes less and less.

Interesting question for me:

How many of you guys and girls actually have an organ donation pass ?

I guess most of us will only think about the issue when they are suddenly in need of a donor organ.

culture ?

if one day man will kill your daughter because for example this is surprise you win by SMS of viewers what will you say ?

If you had read the article then you would have known that in the end the donor decides who gets the organ, you make it sound alot worse. (Although it is tasteless, you are overreacting)

Quote[/b] ]The guy who had the idea for the show-concept died recently...you guessed it..because there was no donor kidney for him.

Actually, he died years ago, this show was more or less to honor him for what he did to the channel, and to raise awaress for the problem.

I guess most of us will only think about the issue when they are suddenly in need of a donor organ.

The interesting thing about that is, that I would give my organs with no problem. I really don't care what happens with my body after I died. But I have no donor pass because I simply don't know how to get one (without any major effort by my side) and frankly - I'm too lazy to research what I need to do. I think this is also a problem of bad information policy of the responsible organisation (at least here in Switzerland)

culture ?

What are you on about? That makes no sense? You have completely misinterpreted my comment.

I mean all these reality TV shows coming up with different ways to incrase ratings. ie. Celebrity Big Brothers racist scandal had huge ratings when that racist scandal was going on.

It's the same for this TV show about the organ donor. It's never been done before, has had lots of media attention and will thus get lots of viewers.

Interesting sidenote:

The guy who had the idea for the show-concept died recently...you guessed it..because there was no donor kidney for him.

While I´m split on the show-concept as a whole I do see the need to debate the organ-donor issue as a whole. In my opinion it should be handled europe-wide as it´s handled in Austria: If you don´t oppose organ-donation in written form during your lifetime you will automatically be an organ donor once you are dead.

For me this sounds like a good plan.

People who do not want to be donors for any reasons can write it down and go to soil in one piece and the others will be automatically donors if they die.

I have a friend who´s waiting for a kidney for 4 years now. This is all but not funny. She´s 30 and every year she has to wait more she literally becomes less and less.

Interesting question for me:

Nothing similar here in Italy: the moment you die the doctors always needs parental authorization. Luckly italians are very sensitive about organ-donation and are very generous (me included when my time will come).

Klavan