Sign in to follow this  
tj72

ARMA requires headtracking

The biggest disadvantage of using TIR is the amining, as has been discussed above. Cause the head movement is another variable, and you have to keep it very still as well as your mouse.

Heres what I do.

I setup Mouse2 key for my optics, and 'clicking' zoom, while holding, holds the breath (as zooms some more). In the TIR profile editor, on the 'HotKeys' tab, I have selected mouse2 as my precision key, but have disabled toggle, and trap. That way the precision only kicks in when im holding the mouse2 button, once i let my finger off, Tir goes back to normal sensitivity.

I also use my middle mouse button for recenter, and i constantly need to do that, since i don't use 'dead zones' on TIR.

Another approach would be to use the same key to activate the 'pause', instead of precision, but I havent tried that approach yet.

ArmaTIRKeys.gif

I setup Mouse2 key for my optics, and 'clicking' zoom, while holding, holds the breath (as zooms some more). In the TIR profile editor, on the 'HotKeys' tab, I have selected mouse2 as my precision key, but have disabled toggle, and trap. That way the precision only kicks in when im holding the mouse2 button, once i let my finger off, Tir goes back to normal sensitivity.

What a great idea, I'll try it tonight when I get home!   biggrin_o.gif

Fish, that is the best workable thing I've heard of so far. One problem is that your leaning is put on slow-mo too but I think i'll give that a go seeing as how at the moment I end up using pause most of the time anyway. I would have tried this earlier but I wasn't aware that there was any way of going about it other than using a toggle.

I even went as far as to post on the NaturalPoint forums in the feature requests asking if they could add a 'disable one/multiple axes on the fly' feature for upcoming software to do specifically this.

If this gets sorted I'll truly be notworthy.gif

Well, I tinkered with my profile some more, and I've got it set to fairly responsive settings with a large deadzone...but I still get a _lot_ of movement when still. I can't figure it out.

For instance, if I look over to the side (such as in a helo) it'll move to the spot I want to look at, but then continue to drift no matter how still I hold my head. The same is true when I return to center, and I've got a massive deadzone to try to prevent just that.

I have to make do with the numberpad and free look, TIR is a bit to expensive for me, though I wouldn't mind trying it out.

After having played enough to really get a feel for things now I have to say that although I'm loving the TrackIR experience in the game, I have two issues:

1.) The much spoken about head-doesn't-lock-forward-in-ironsights issue.

2.) TrackIR is not centred upon changing views. For eg.: I use my m24 scope and then when coming out of scope I'm suddenly looking at my toes or over my shoulder etc. Same applies to changing from 3rd person or command view back to 1st person view. I think that from everywhere that you return to basic 1st person view, it should re-center the view. I think this has to do with TrackIR still being active when using scopes or in 3rd person or any other case.

It's apparent when you see that it's possible to control the camera with your head in 3rd person view.

I know it's easy enough to do this manually for no.2 but I find it frustrating that after using a scoped weapon I'm often looking over my shoulder or straight down etc.

Well, I tinkered with my profile some more, and I've got it set to fairly responsive settings with a large deadzone...but I still get a _lot_ of movement when still. I can't figure it out.

For instance, if I look over to the side (such as in a helo) it'll move to the spot I want to look at, but then continue to drift no matter how still I hold my head. The same is true when I return to center, and I've got a massive deadzone to try to prevent just that.

Does this occur, even when sitting at the system desktop, and looking at the heads view?

trackIR is great but the actual construction of the thing is very weak and flimsy.

the back of my natural point clipPRO keeps popping off, and after just 3 weeks of owning it the little stand that connects the base stand to the trackIR radar thing broke and now i am supporting the whole thing with prestik (it still works fine but still). I spent A$300 on this (a shit load of money for a non-essential)and didn't expect it to be made so flimsily.

that said, it's is a absolutely great tool when flying, a bit tricky when infantry and i have disable the zoom in function in my trackIR profile as that was hard to control.

Here is another strong reason to play arma with track-ir :)

=> The more you play ArmA with track-ir the better your eyes become. <=

Because this look-around-thing with track-ir is similar the yoga-exercise "yoni mudra" to get beautifull eyes.

Here is another strong reason to play arma with track-ir smile_o.gif

=> The more you play ArmA with track-ir the better your eyes become. <=

Because this look-around-thing with track-ir is similar the yoga-exercise "yoni mudra" to get beautifull eyes.

lol....thats new to me...............Orz

How did you get the freelook exe to run? I always get " freelook has encountered a problem and needs to close " no matter which version i try sad_o.gif

Tried the fix from their not very supportive forums to, eg : video input device to use (default 0)

camera = 1

Still no joy