Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Transformers The movie (07.04.07)

Well, I must say that they're definitely not G1 anymore, hence as toys they won't be of much interest to me I guess... Maybe I'll change my mind with the movie, oh well...

Right now the only one I'd still like to have is the Classic Jetfire, since it's a mech that's actually of Macross heritage and has been used in many other things including Battletech, and heck, it also exists as addon for OFP!! yay.gif

Not having the voice of "old buckethead" in TFTM sucks big time!! banghead.gif They should use as many G1 voice actors as possible, even if the bots themselves have got nothing to do with it... The fact that Chris Latta, Starscream's voice actor, isn't around anymore, is a real pain sad_o.gif since Starscream will never be the same without that high-pitched screaming voice he always had...

BUZZARD @ June 22 2007,13:01)]The fact that Chris Latta, Starscream's voice actor, isn't around anymore, is a real pain sad_o.gif

Unfortunately, Jazz' voice-actor (Scatman Crothers) also passed away.

I remember seeing a interview with Peter Cullen (Prime) and Dan Gilvezan (Bumblebee) and they told some stories from the studio and pointed out how much Chris was sweating during the recordings biggrin_o.gif

Considering how far we have advanced in audio technology I'm pretty sure they can make allmost any voice sound like Starscream these days. The question is if they have done that.

IIRC during the G1 seasons Jazz didn't get 1/10th of the screentime Starscream received, and his voice was rather bland IMHO  tounge2.gif Though he was one of the few we got to see in cybertronian form in the very first episode  thumbs-up.gif

Edit: Wouldn't mind seeing G1 Windcharger or Brawn again... welcome.gif

Dang, am I feeling nostalgic! biggrin_o.gif

BUZZARD @ June 22 2007,18:18)]IIRC during the G1 seasons Jazz didn't get 1/10th of the screentime Starscream received, and his voice was rather bland IMHO  tounge2.gif Though he was one of the few we got to see in cybertronian form in the very first episode  thumbs-up.gif

I only remember seeing Bumblebee and Wheeljack at the very beginning of the first episode.

Quote[/b] ]Dang, am I feeling nostalgic!  biggrin_o.gif

So do something about it. I have the first 4 seasons in a dvd collectors box and saw the first few episodes again a few days ago  tounge2.gif

edit: Where do you think I got my custom title from?  whistle.gif

BUZZARD @ June 22 2007,18:18)]Though he was one of the few we got to see in cybertronian form in the very first episode  thumbs-up.gif

I only remember seeing Bumblebee and Wheeljack at the very beginning of the first episode.

He swung past Soundwave (in his cybertronian transformation form (a light pole! rofl.gif - definitely Soundwave's luck improved on Earth! tounge2.gif Just what a light pole has to do with tapes is still beyond me...) and transformed into robot form to report to Optimus Prime... I've still got some episodes in DivX inlove.gif

I must admit I didn't like the first movie and I hated whatever came afterwards (something must have really scrambled Blaster's vocal circuits, and Wheelie is insufferable!! rofl.gif ) - but if there was one cool episode after the movie, it must have been the one titled: "Only Human", which actually featured Chris Latta voicing "old Snake", and some of us should remember who he is... wink_o.gif

Does anyone know if they are still going though with the contest where people can submit a line for the movie? I remember YTMND getting "Do a barrel roll!" way above the competition. rofl.gif

I had this one that my uncle got for me while he was stationed in Japan. (The transformers version, that still had the Macross symbol on the wing.)

Macross/Transformer whoops!

I just saw how much this hunk of metal and plastic would be work if I still had it..... crazy_o.gif

I remember the first "transformer" toys I had were the little go-bots. I don't want to know what some nerd my age would pay for those now...

The new ones just are not the same quality

crappy new ones

BUZZARD @ June 22 2007,18:57)]I must admit I didn't like the first movie and I hated whatever came afterwards

Most people hated the movie including Hasboro. They drowned in complaining letters from desperate parents because their kids went nuts when Prime was killed biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but if there was one cool episode after the movie, it must have been the one titled: "Only Human"

I think Dark Awakening was cool (Prime partially resurrected as a "zombie" and ofcourse the last two episodes, "The return of Optimus Prime pt 1 & 2".

I think season 2 was the best season in general. Omega was always a favourite, especially when he was fighting the Constructicons.

Too bad none of them are in this new movie.

BUZZARD @ June 22 2007,18:57)]I must admit I didn't like the first movie and I hated whatever came afterwards

Most people hated the movie including Hasboro. They drowned in complaining letters from desperate parents because their kids went nuts when Prime was killed  biggrin_o.gif

The fact that Prime and Megatron got killed was even worse because they were much cooler than the wusses that replaced them... Of course Prime came back, but let me tell ya... Megatron could wupp Galvatron's ass across the galaxy in pistol-mode! biggrin_o.gif Galvatron was an even bigger moron than Hotrod IMHO, though both competed fiercely for the title... rofl.gif

well since the major difference between western and asia, the reaction at asia are infact quite HOT, i didnt watch the movie yet but from the reaction of almost every anime forum, having been a sort of lowprofile fan since i was a kid i think this one is going to be HOOOOYEAH! notworthy.gif

only one thing, HOW DARE THEY "KILL" *BEEP~* AND *BEEP!*

i am sure they will be repair but GOD!!! crazy_o.gifpistols.gif

Hmmm, seems that there will be more deaths, seems to be a trademark of Transformers movies (and this is only the second one!  tounge2.gif ) . Well, I'll be seeing it this Saturday... Got the tickets for free and all!  yay.gif

Edit: And the Must-Have accessory to see the movie, for all true decepticons at heart, to spread the goods:

8108626432bc_Main400.jpg

8108626432bc_A400.jpg

Ah, well, just saw it, and I must say, I loved it!!!

Comments about the movie: (Warning!!! Potential Spoilers!!! Read on at own risk!!! )

I must say that I never cared much for the single autobot that met its end, not in its G1 incarnation, neither in the movie (was rather ridiculous, Bumblebee was fun but had style and ALOT more charisma). Another thing I didn't understand was just exactly how good old buckethead got killed in the end - it was so fast I barely registered it...  crazy_o.gif But, it's good to know that the one and only immortal decep stayed true to himself by surviving through cowardice... but he was not the only one, though no other survived without damage... So we all hope for a sequel!  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Sequel?

Well thats to be expected i guess. Thanks for the review. I don't wan't spoilers but I would like to hear a "go" or "no go" from anyone else who saw it.

this review makes has me going to see it. Thought not on the day its released..I'm not that much of a nerd..I hate waiting in lines wink_o.gif

BUZZARD @ July 01 2007,02:32)]So we all hope for a sequel!  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Spielberg said in an interview about 6 months ago that there will be many many sequels.

Trans Formers was my favorite toys in me bratty days. biggrin_o.gif I remember working my buns off doing chores and what not saving and piecing together the constructicon set (my favorite transformers).Ah those were the days inlove.gif

400px-Constructicons.jpg

One thing I don't like about this movie is the transformers don't really look like they did like in the cartoons or toys..They're "modernized" which bullywood is notoriously known for. It's why all the movies based on video games suck too.

Sc@tterbrain, it's a must-see! And I actually didn't have to wait in line or something - I got my preview ticket by turning in a page of a newspaper at a Chevrolet (GM) stand in exchange for a ticket... So I was lucky to see the movie for free AND before the official debut!  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Funny thing though, they didn't manage to have the sound set up correctly, so they had to restart the movie like 3 times...  rofl.gif But I must admit I loved it and, dang, maybe I'll go see it again, just for the heck of it!  inlove.gif

Edit: @ redpride: It was said that when Michael Bay was approached to do a Transformers movie, he said that if they were supposed to look like the toys and animation series already released, that he wouldn't do it... but they told him that he was supposed to do a "live-action" movie, so he actually relieshed that and the result, well, it's great! And dang, are the babes hot! inlove.gif

I saw it on thursday. Its epic! Loved it.

Spielberg said in an interview about 6 months ago that there will be many many sequels.

It certainly was an "open" ending. When you see it you'll know what I mean.

I can't wait for MORE!!!  yay.gif

But next movie, I sure hope to see someone more charismatic than Frenzy, since Frenzy was the most charismatic decepta-creep in the movie, IMHO...

Edit: Did anybody get the name of the type of rounds that army guy insisted be used in attacking the deceps with? I didn't quite get it...

I just came back from seeing the movie (for some reason it started playing today in Melbourne FL)

it was really excellent and very entertaining. One of my best movies in a while.

I wont give any spoilers, but it shows a lot of military hardware all along the movie. And thinks are pretty accurate...except for the classics: Unlimited ammo (not for the robots but the humans with their guns) or planes firing missiles with none under the wings or the bomb bay closed, or firing missiles but the missiles still appear under the wings etc... And also the classic "computer freaks" who try to hack military defense codes, with bullshit FLASH animation going on while they hit the keyboards like crazy.

But enough for the rant.

THIS MOVIE IS EXCELLENT, IT ROCKS, can't wait for TRANSFORMERS II (Because ya they way it ends obviously leave a high possibility for a sequel... Have they said yet if it was gonna be a trilogy?)

GO SEE IT! yay.gifwelcome.gifnotworthy.gif

edit: didnt see that part:

ok makes sense now lol

I never win anything in competitions. I bought a ticket yeasterday for tonight's movie.

One hour ago I received a confirmation that I won a ticket plus some (useless) promo effects at the local movie theatre.

The smallest poster ever (A3), a "cheap" game where the minimum requirements are Win98 etc biggrin_o.gif and a pen that transform into something I havent got a clue about. yay.gif

Seen it 2 days ago and I hated it more then anything Ive seen lately.

The trailer looked good and I like big explosions, military hardware and robots in movies but this plot and dialoque was written for 10 year olds.

vern wrote a review on aintitcool.com that nails this movie exactly.

advise: wait for ratatouille.

sven out

a pen that transform into something I havent got a clue about. yay.gif

Watch out! Be careful! It might be Frenzy!!! rofl.gif

@sven This movie is for Transformers fans only. You must understand that some human aspect has always crept up in the original series, so this movie would hardly be different, being a live action movie. If it would be on Cybertron instead of Earth, then we might have not seen any "human interference", but I must say, only might. This definitely isn't your regular war movie. THIS IS TRANSFORMERS!!! MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!!! yay.gif

WOW yay.gif

This movie is awesome.

Best action-movie of the year in my book. I also like all the humor alot. Especially when the Autobots were hiding "around" Witwhicky's house and Sam and his parents were in his room rofl.gif

And when Prime accidentally stepped on the flower-pot.

Quote[/b] ]OOPS, SORRY

Priceless biggrin_o.gif

I still think Hugo Weaving as Megatron was a big mistake. The guy who voiced Starscream sounded more like Frank Welker's Megatron-voice.

Didnt like the "last battle" much and alot of the robot-fighting was filmed so close it was very chaotic and hard to see whats going on, but the entire film was definitely awesome and very entertaining. The movie is long, 2 hours and 40 minutes but there's not a single dull moment, whenever there is no action there is plenty of comedy.

Bring on the sequel a.s.a.p. notworthy.gif

God i´m so excited about this movie thumbs-up.gif

But unfortunately here in germany the movie starts in august sad_o.gif so i can only read the comments and i´m happy to see most of you love the movie smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but the entire film was definitely awesome and very entertaining. The movie is long, 2 hours and 40 minutes but there's not a single dull moment, whenever there is no action there is plenty of comedy.

i start wondering if we've seen the same movie.