Sign in to follow this  
dutchkillar

when some1 asks "where r u" ... how do i awnser?

As far as I know you can't report your position to the AI, the best thing to do is to give them a waypoint close to your location, and then when they have visual on you, tell them to fall back into formation.

Might be a better way that I'm not aware of though.

PS: Grammar is nice too wink_o.gif

you can't really - it's basically the AI making a point that you've left them behind - select the AI in question and either tell him to return to formation, or click on the ground in front of you

thx

Old question. Still no answer. After 5 Years. Ask BIS. Probably some kind of conspiracy they are bothering us with crazy_o.gif

€: Argh. Awnser. Sure. whistle.gif

As far as I know you can't report your position to the AI, the best thing to do is to give them a waypoint close to your location, and then when they have visual on you, tell them to fall back into formation.

Might be a better way that I'm not aware of though.

PS: Grammar is nice too wink_o.gif

lol i've just put that grammer half a minute ago!!

real fast response!

thx

Old question. Still no answer. After 5 Years. Ask BIS. Probably some kind of conspiracy they are bothering us with crazy_o.gif

€: Argh. Awnser. Sure. whistle.gif

lol omg thats not completley true!

the game isn't even 5 years old!!

well flashpoint is smile_o.gif

> well flashpoint is

It seems you got the point. It was the ****** retail version when this question first came up. For all the years I never heard anybody ever giving an answer and least of all changing it.

Yes BIS-People - this is your forum here. I hope you dont miss it this time...

PS: Your signature is disguting. Sorry but it is.

> well flashpoint is

It seems you got the point. It was the ****** retail version when this question first came up. For all the years I never heard anybody ever giving an answer and least of all changing it.

Yes BIS-People - this is your forum here. I hope you dont miss it this time...

PS: Your signature is disguting. Sorry but it is.

lol its supposed to be dis-whater (dunno how to spell it)

when it happens with my team friends i normally say the position using the text chat smile_o.gif

If im too far i write down (in text chat) the grid and possible location.

Note: we normally play in vet mode so theres no markers on the map smile_o.gif

Well you can at least use the "Move to"-Order in Vet-Mode - can't you. Just (assuming you are the commander) select the unit and click on the ground in front of yu

i think he means AI, not Human players - typing FG47 to an AI isn't going to do much

Although by clicking the map, you automatically send Grid Co-ords.

The AI asking "Where are you?" is slightly misleading I suppose. What they mean to say is "I have lost my idea of where the leader is and can no longer follow him."

The best way to respond is either "This is where I am" which you do by giving a move order at your feet and then giving them a "Return to formation" when they get closer.

You don't need to answer the question, the AI in your group will always know exactly where you are. A "lost" AI will find you no matter where you hide, as long as there's no obstacles it can't cross. If you don't want them bugging you, tell them to stop or to move to some point on the map.

I think its got an automatic reply. I tested this with team switch... Got an AI member to call out "where are your" and noted the "away" indicator on the squad list, quickly switched to him, and got the squad leader giving his location. Could have been the AI now squad leader was replying but as they will eventually find you as one of the above posters noted, I think its just friendly notification that you are too far away currently from that AI for him to "fall in" to formation...

You don't need to answer the question, the AI in your group will always know exactly where you are. A "lost" AI will find you no matter where you hide, as long as there's no obstacles it can't cross. If you don't want them bugging you, tell them to stop or to move to some point on the map.

Correct, the AI doesn't need you to answer or tell it to move to your position or anything. If you want simple proof, just create a test mission with the editor. Place a soldier set as the player (for you) on one side of a town or something. Create an AI with special set to "none", group him to you, and place him on the other side of the town. Run the mission and just sit there. He'll regroup with you automatically.

The "where are you" message is distance based, so if it doesn't appear, move the friendly further away and retest.

Again, it requires no response, it's just there to let you know that someone got seperated.

In my experience though, it usually means you have some other problem. Did you order him to go prone, then get up and run off? Is he hit in the legs and forced to crawl around? Did you jump into a jeep and drive off leaving him behind? Is he stuck? Is he in combat mode and you're moving too fast for him to keep up (the AI moves slow and takes it's time when it feels threatened).

When this question is asked of an AI squad leader, they reply with their position. This can be usefull if you're not in charge and get seperated from the group.