Sign in to follow this  
HqPL

RealTimeEditorV3

haha now you guys will face the thousand soldiers, muhahhaa biggrin_o.gif

that would be fun urban cqb running n hiding, this stuff will have a very bright future to it. thumbs-up.gif

Is it even possible to put the waypoints? and is it possible to rotate the units?

Is it even possible to put the waypoints? and is it possible to rotate the units?

can you read?

icon_rolleyes.gif

This is a very good add-on but how do you delete stuff?

excelent, keep up great work

It's more a proof of concept now and I thought Hqpl would post it in A&M:Discussion tounge2.gif

If I had a little more time I would add the features like rotating, heigth changing and saving. But for now you have to be patient or do it yourself. You have our permission wink_o.gif

Yea i was thinking where should i put this, its still early beta version, but this section was the closest to my cursor biggrin_o.gif

Can Someone Create a Video for it and chuck it on YouTube to show exactly how it all works... I'm still not used to it yet... :P

Can someone please post instructions for the installation of RTEv3. Mind you, I have know idea what any acronyms mean and not sure how what any of these file names mean(.rar, .pbo, etc.)

Example: Put pbo file to your arma dir(c:\program files\...\ArmedAssault\missions) and play it as a mission

Or extract pbo to your profile missions (C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\ArmA Other

Profiles\me\missions) and run it with arma editor on Rahmadi map.

I know this is the instructions for installation but I can't figure out how to "put pbo file to your Arma dir".... I cant find any pbo file, the RTEv3 file I downloaded is a .rar file, i think(whatever that means)

If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it. I'm a quick learner.

rar is an archive. You need WinRar to extract it.

This is good addition to change objects osition on fly but still far from perfect.

Worked beaut, except whenever I pushed escape and shot the unit I just spawned, my game would crash whistle.gif

huh.gif

I have not understand how to use it in tha sahary island, can anyone help me?

Mik

The mission packed with it takes place on Rahmadi, not Sahrani.

To use it on Sahrani:

<ul>[*]Open the mission editor, create a mission on Sahrani

[*]Place a western soldier somewhere and give him this init: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">initRTE = execVM ""initRTE.sqf"

[*]Create a GameLogic and name it server

[*]Create a radio trigger covering the entire island, make it repeatable and with the following onActivation line:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">nil = [] spawn UpdateDialog

[*]Save the mission

[*]Extract the pbo.

[*]Go to your My Documents\ArmA other Profile\MyUsername\missions\NameOfNewlyCreatedMission\

[*]Put all the files and folders that was inside the pbo file into this folder except the mission.sqm

[*]Go back to the editor and save again

[*]Hope I didn't forget anything

[*]Export as SP mission, click preview, or put some more stuff in the mission

Good luck!

Edit:

I just tested the RTE by playing the mission. Placing and moving units around is simple enough (I did read the whole thread, and I'm aware of the lack of rotation, hight setting and waypoints). But is the ai supposed to be disabled? I placed several ai of different sides just a few metres away from each other... Nothing happened.

I shot all of them and nothing happened (apart from them dying). Putting some unofficial units yielded a cease fire message, at least, before the game crashed.

Yes, I know it's a beta, but this seemed a bit.. odd smile_o.gif

I'll wait for the version with waypoint functionality wink_o.gif

I can't believe that I didn't spot that when looking at the scripts, lol

Indeed is a great addon and something that will make everyones gameplay more entertaining , so looking forward to the finished fully working prodcuct.

Some new status about your great project? smile_o.gif

does this thing have to be on Rahmadi only? can we use it on Sahrani

Read 5 post UP smile_o.gif

does this thing have to be on Rahmadi only? can we use it on Sahrani

Look 5 posts up smile_o.gif

You can use the cpbo v2.03 tool from Kegetys ( Download HERE ) to unpack the .pbo file.

That isn't really needed though if you want to try the RTE just put the .pbo in you mission folder as already stated (should look something like this: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\Missions\ )

I`m reallylooking forward to seeing some improvements to this editor, an official version of this should have been part of ArmA from day one.

I ironically would really like to use this for multiplayer training purposes, in essence exactly what VBS2 is designed for. Be sure to keep us up to date as you progress on it!

Sry, if this doesn´t fit in here... but in an other thread there was a question about what could revulize ArmA2 completelly...

I think the RTE could do a real good job 4 that.

After 7 years, placing, checking, placing, checking... this woud be a real nice cookie, woudn´t it?