Sign in to follow this  
vilas

all follow 2 ?

whta tha hell

i made mission, we are moving group

we were in truck, enemy started fire

so i gave order 1-6 stop

truck stopped, i gave 4-1 disembark, i wanted to move other place , i gave 1-1 and instead of back to formation, there is all follow 2 ? group follow group, i was giving 1-1, they all have died near this truck

soldiers left with cars on open area ?

i made topic about disobeying order 3-2 don't fire

now AI do not back to formation , like after unit switch Y :/

Had the same situation often in OFP during CTI.

When selecting a group and order them to a location on the map, they started the "follow 2" thingy.

I had to gave them order one by one:

"3, move to ..."

"4, move to ..."

"5, move to ..."

and so on...

Hope this get fixed in the near future.

MfG Lee

Get out of the truck, tell yourself that you are 'ready' or 'done' or whatever it is, then do 1-1 again.

Wow thanks for the tips guys, I almost exploded in anger yesterday trying to coordinate a whole platoon while getting this "all follow 2" thing crazy_o.gif

On a related note, I think it would be very useful to have a "Assign lead" command, i.e. one can say "All, follow <n>". This would enable us to forcibly over-ride any bugs and also permit us to "give up" our leader spot at times if needed (or transfer to other online MP players).

Sorry to bring up this old thread but I used to be able to assign all follow and 4,5,6 follow 3 etc commands to make fireteams.

Not in editor actually in game.

Thing is I cant remember how i did it.

If anyone could refresh my memory i would be grateful as it made commanding larger NPC squads much easier.

after 1.14 from time to time i have no "leadership" in team, soldiers don't care about 1-7 (stay) or move to place, they are following me, but don't stay at place or go to marked places (i said from time to time, sometimes requires game restart , not mission restart)

i know children love eyes-candies (graphics) but BIS , you also should care about AI and things not visible for eye :/

i don't have any idea why they do not listen to 1-7 or F... (number of soldier) and "go there"

order is given and soldier still keep formation

after 1.14 from time to time i have no "leadership" in team, soldiers don't care about 1-7 (stay) or move to place, they are following me, but don't stay at place or go to marked places (i said from time to time, sometimes requires game restart , not mission restart)

i don't have any idea why they do not listen to 1-7 or F... (number of soldier) and "go there"

order is given and soldier still keep formation

Do you have any modifications installed? If so, run without any mods, simply vanilla ArmA v1.14, make sure your addons folders are completely clean from any modification. And try again. If the problem still persists, someone should draw Suma's attention to this one.

Quote[/b] ]i know children love eyes-candies (graphics) but BIS , you also should care about AI and things not visible for eye :/
Yes Kids, listen to Papa Vilas!

papa Vilas do not care about eye-candys but magazine proportions to stock and barrel :P

papa Vilas still enjoys RTCW :P

concerning not obeying soldiers 1-7 and "go there", i tested it with my soldiers for example, but my soldiers are not "modification" , it is "addition of new models", cause when i make soldiers addons, i must test them how they bahve during walking, animations and etc. or for screenshots purpose

configs are standart, i just use custom models of soldiers, textures...

it happens once, twice on few game loads

once game is working, other time not, so it is "randomized" sad_o.gif

funny is that they don't obey "go there", "stay where you are" but obey "behaviour danger" "go prone" "stand up" "crawl" , just always keeping formations :/

Well i've heard about issues where the AI sees enemy and will not obey because the danger is high or so, however I have little experience with playing with the AI, that's the beauty of MP Coop smile_o.gif

Anyway. Just to be sure I would run 100% vanilla ArmA, no addons, no nothing at all, and do some consequent tests again to see if there is really nothing (no bug, mistake, problem, whatever) is causing this.

TrueRangeAI and some of my alike-projects seem to affect these problems, hence my suggestion.

but vanilla ARMA is nonsens to test this, cause "model" and "texture" cannot cause diferent behaviour of AI :/

it cannot ba that way, that when you bought blue car it goes 100 miler/per hour, and when you painted it into red, it goes only 50 and fires 2 time more fuel sad_o.gif

i was testing units on Rhahmadi, without enemy, just to look how unit sits or etc. to look if all straps, webbing, pouches, backpack behaves good

also it was not "always", it was "from time to time", that's what surprise me the most "my Renault drives 100 miles in Tuesdays, Fridays, 80 in Mondays, 120 in Wednesday and 50 in Saturday...

really sometimes "randomisation" of errors is ... pissing off sad_o.gif

on one model of soldier all is okay, on other with different camo or different pouch or different gun not okay sad_o.gif

but when AI orders AI than all is okay, all errors are only for "player as commander"

Sorry to bring up this old thread but I used to be able to assign all follow and 4,5,6 follow 3 etc commands to make fireteams.

Not in editor actually in game.

Thing is I cant remember how i did it.

If anyone could refresh my memory i would be grateful as it made commanding larger NPC squads much easier.

sorry to reiterate my question.

How do you assign Fireteams ie make one group follow another npc soldier in a formation?

If you tell 2-5 to move to x,y,z then they will follow 2 as though he is a leader i.e keep formation with him and he will also give return to formation command when needed.  I have noticed aswell that if you press f5 then f3 then f2 when selecting soldiers, you 'say' 5,3,2 do whatever but I don't think it has an effect, 2 still seems to be the temp leader.

You could also just use red, green, purple, pink, magenta etc team assign.

Excellent m8, I'll give it a try.

would be nice if u could assign different formations to two teams in this way, but guess theres ArmA 2 wink_o.gif

There is a mod I really cant remember wich includes a speech recognition...and let you lead the platton just with you bare voice.

Now I remember its called PiLfIuS!

You can see it here PILFIUS

man that is an awsome program!!!! took me about an hour to set up now no more looking for keys during a firefight.

thank you so much

edit: there are still a few things you can't do with this but with the proper setup its a huge help. and since I got two extra buttons on my mouse I use the thumb button to activate it.

also I might add you have to download SAPI 5.1 from microsoft and train it for your voice but its all free and works very well.

The info on this should be stickied somewhere.

Cheers  wink_o.gif

The sad thing is that I cant make it to work...my SAPI works fine and I added the commands and the keystrokes...but the program doesnt send them in-game...instead of that it swtches bettew the commands in the command list on the pilfius window confused_o.gif

do you have the box unchecked at the bottom left that says don't perform command actions?

yes that box is unchecked...maybe im not sending the correct keystrokes...

For example...for the command (voice) "one" I did set F1...(same done for "two" with F2...etc). Is there anything im missing?

it should be working then, as that is the same thing I did.

do you have it running while ingame?

If you tell 2-5 to move to x,y,z then they will follow 2 as though he is a leader i.e keep formation with him and he will also give return to formation command when needed.  I have noticed aswell that if you press f5 then f3 then f2 when selecting soldiers, you 'say' 5,3,2 do whatever but I don't think it has an effect, 2 still seems to be the temp leader.

You could also just use red, green, purple, pink, magenta etc team assign.

the numbers are issused fallowing their ranks and skill level, if leader assign teams, or just ends up getting killed, the commanding role would simply go to the next ranked/highest skill level unit

Yes I know I was just adding that when you press the numbers in that order you hear it in that order. The lowest no. is still the leader and it says in writing in normal order. It changes nothing but dose show that the game knows which button was pressed first.