Sign in to follow this  
NeilReed101

Battlefields Everon SP

Hi all , this is my first mission/conversion it's a port of the bis classic c02Battlefields from ofp ,i also explained how i did it in the readme , iam not a addon creator scripter or mission maker so its just a straight port as good as i could , you will need Sgt ace's Everon 1.0 for it to work , its not being tested on anyone eles comp so let me know any bugs othere than listed , although i cant promise to be able to fix em wink_o.gif

Regards

Neilreed101

Needed 1.07.5157

Everon 0.1 Alpha by Sgt.Ace

Battlefields sp retro mission (Kindly re edited by MehMan )

Battlefields ver1.1

and now also HeavyMetal

Heavymetal download

And a beta of CleansweepII

CleansweepII Beta

battlefiels was one of my favourite from OFP, i will check it for sure , thanks !

well done! I hope we can see more missions from you for everon. maybe a coop? Do you remember the map "Balck OP Halo?" :-)

Here's a few problems:

The HeavyGW needs to be removed or replaced in the mission.sqm.

The squad leader was replaced by the officer.

SolderWLAW and ELAW needs to be replaced in the SQS. Heavy grenadier needs to be replaced with something.

Jeep too. The ammo boxes need replacement.

I've done all those for myself, so if anybody wants I can put up that version.

I want that. smile_o.gif

Here's a few problems:

The HeavyGW needs to be removed or replaced in the mission.sqm.

The squad leader was replaced by the officer.

SolderWLAW and ELAW needs to be replaced in the SQS. Heavy grenadier needs to be replaced with something.

Jeep too. The ammo boxes need replacement.

thanks for that ,sounds good thats what community is about  wink_o.gif  i will try to put together a multyplayer pack and the rest of the missions this week together as one retro Everon mission pack if i get time maybe we can all contribute

Ah, also found one more scripting error that's now gone. Now for the final testing.

Ah, also found one more scripting error that's now gone. Now for the final testing.

Excellent are you going to post it up when done?, maybe with a explanation on how you edited the files to get rid of the errors?

Yeah sure. I've just experienced the savegame bug.

I'll have it up in about half an hour.

YouSendIt Link

It should be working flawlessly now. I would like to know if anybody else gets any missing sound errors, want to know if they are on my end or is it the mission somehow.

How I did it?

Easy, you get the mission, unpbo it, edit the mission.sqm file in notepad and replace the addons and autoaddons with ArmA default mission ones. Then you change the folder "extension" to the name of the island and load the mission up in the editor and check what's wrong. Every "error: missing SoldierWLAW" error means that there's something wrong in the sqm. So you use the biki with the infantry and vehicle classnames and then use the notepad replace function to find and replace the names of what needs to be replaced. If you hit something you're not sure what it is(Like HeavyGrenadier for the east side) you either replace it with a default soldier or something that you see fit. You also have to change ammo and weapon classnames because they've changed from OFP. If there are any scripts with the mission look out for commands within quotation marks and replace the quotation marks with {}(can't remember the names of these:P). That's what I've discovered so far. But to convert each mission it shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes, not including testing.

YouSendIt Link

It should be working flawlessly now. I would like to know if anybody else gets any missing sound errors, want to know if they are on my end or is it the mission somehow.

How I did it?

Easy, you get the mission, unpbo it, edit the mission.sqm file in notepad and replace the addons and autoaddons with ArmA default mission ones. Then you change the folder "extension" to the name of the island and load the mission up in the editor and check what's wrong. Every "error: missing SoldierWLAW" error means that there's something wrong in the sqm. So you use the biki with the infantry and vehicle classnames and then use the notepad replace function to find and replace the names of what needs to be replaced. If you hit something you're not sure what it is(Like HeavyGrenadier for the east side) you either replace it with a default soldier or something that you see fit. You also have to change ammo and weapon classnames because they've changed from OFP. If there are any scripts with the mission look out for commands within quotation marks and replace the quotation marks with {}(can't remember the names of these:P). That's what I've discovered so far. But to convert each mission it shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes, not including testing.

Thanks for that, just retested it previous errors are gone but, I am also too getting the sound error "sound Eng 20 not found" also re packaged HeavyMetal for download if anyone wants to try it?

Should be ok replaced Elaw Wlaw ect..didnt do ammo class names though i had no notable problems, apart from it overwriting M05SanitaryOperations mmm? must be something to do with its original name maybe originally call "05heavymetal" I tried changing it though so who knows...?

building quite a collection here now i will repost this at the first post.

Ah wait, found the Engs, forgot to search for them in the sqm :P. There are also some Rus sounds. It's mainly sounds that are spoken that are not in ArmA.

YouSendIt Link

Fixed.

Ah wait, found the Engs, forgot to search for them in the sqm :P. There are also some Rus sounds. It's mainly sounds that are spoken that are not in ArmA.

YouSendIt Link

Fixed.

Good Work old chap ,i tested and its working fine and dandy Righty oh , i redited the first post to include the new battlefields ver1.1

with updated readme. gonna try and clean up cleansweepII now , will post when done , maybe you could do ninjas ? or anyone eles for that matter and in no time we will have all Original

Everon Missions done soon. biggrin_o.gif

A bit late, but thank you for the conversion, i try and try and try to survive "battlefields", without success so far (get sniped usually).

Great fun nevertheless, thanks again !