Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

ArmA is just ... disappointing

i had 2 more disapointements in arma today in a MP mission.

When leader zoomed to a friendly vehicle the rest of the ai team started to shoot that zoomed vehicle.. wow_o.gif

when i tryed to enter a damaged chopper i was spit from it and i lost all my menu. i wan not able to get in the chopper not in any other vehicles. i couldnt open a crate.

im already waiting for another patch.

i had 2 more disapointements in arma today in a MP mission.

When leader zoomed to a friendly vehicle the rest of the ai team started to shoot that zoomed vehicle.. wow_o.gif

when i tryed to enter a damaged chopper i was spit from it and i lost all my menu. i wan not able to get in the chopper not in any other vehicles. i couldnt open a crate.

im already waiting for another patch.

second problem is server related, just rejoin and it will be fine.

no i think he want a non stop action without rejoin reassigning blah blah blah for 3 hours, which is possible for me

How about posting it in the troubleshooting section vilas as it´s not Arma stock error ?

Have you tried to change the texture detail, to see if that helps?

Quoting myself:

"Hi Mr_Tea!

I think I have    but I will most surely look into it for real once again. I have almost lost myself in trying out different settings, but sometimes the most likely ones are not loked at.

If it would make a difference, be sure that i will NOT post an answer here out of sheer embarresment"

Although very embarassed(spelling?), I changed the "texture detail" one step down, and suddenly, NO artifacts for several hours!!?? I do hope that it has to do with Patch 1.08 since I´m pretty sure I DID test this earlier (otherwise,I´m just stupid and thats not good).

So my biggest dissapointment with Arma so far: ME!!

Now I´m really enjoying finding some minor bugs

biggrin_o.gif

im new to these forums but i can tell you there is some stuff that dissapoints me/pisses me off about arma

1.why only one map? ofp had 5 maps!

big problem>>>2.your ai can spot pepole from angles and ranges you can't see and vise-versa the ai can spot you from angle and ranges that are unlogical

3.the choppers are a bitch to fly

...1.why only one map? ofp had 5 maps!

big problem>>>2.your ai can spot pepole from angles and ranges you can't see and vise-versa the ai can spot you from angle and ranges that are unlogical

OFP had 4 maps (Desert island, Everon, Malden and Kolgujev. Nogova came in an expansion so it doesn't count), and Sahrani is about as big as all of them combined. Also, ArmA actually has 2 - you forgot Rahmadi. There are also a couple islands about the size of desert island around Sahrani.

Would it make you happier if Sahrani was split into 10 islands, so it would be more than OFP? icon_rolleyes.gif

Chopper control is pretty easy after a bit of practice, and it may be a harder to learn than the OFP one but it is much better. If you like the OFP one so much better, well you'll just have to live with it because it isn't gonna change.

And as for the AI complaint, no comment nener.gif

I really cant Optimize ARMA, my system specs allow for me to play with high speeds on many games such as COD, COH, HL2, LOMAC, IL2 and all on high - Very high settings.

Ive tried everything to get ARMA runnings to a point where it is comfortable and looks decent. And i dont know how but ARMA runs better on an External Hard drive than internal.

Anyway this is a definate Downside, OFP was designed to work on all systems High, low But Arma refuses to run at adequate speeds on Medium to lower systems.

If we constantly have to keep warning and punishing people in the praise/complaint threads, they will be locked.

mad_o.gif

Be my guess. But this topic is for the benefit of Mr. BIS. If you close it, the frustration it embody will end up in more people dropping their hopes - and their copies of ArmA. If the topic stays open, there is a chance for BIS to keep working out their problems.

I honestly agree, it's just a shame that some people can't seem to post criticisms of the game in a mature, civilised manner, or without flaming other members.

No one is trying to stifle people from making legit comments about problems with the game, only to do it in a reasonable manner.  wink_o.gif

Fair enough.

I think it is time for BIS to dedicate some resources to talk to the community. I remember the first days of OFP, and lead programmers where right there with the community. I've assumed that so far BIS has aplied the patchs-will-do-it approach, so instead of answering, acknowledging, saying why the did that and if and how they are going to change it/improve it; they decided to work hard in trying to address the problems with patchs and do not waste they employees' time involving anyone in the forums.

If you look at it, that's the great reason for how many times the same things are being said, and why so many fight  are going on between the old OFP fanbase. We have seen this before so we could somewhat even predict that if BIS would get a little directly involved saying something about every topic that has been brought up, the same community will then repeat the BIS official response to anyone who would try bring up the same issue again. There would be a more silent and more peaceful forum. I really think that even now it would be a great improvement for BIS.

For ArmA to be less dissappointing, we need official responses like "the helicopter flight model was changed because of this", or "we're working hard to improve the helicopter flight model, we know it is broken", and "this will be address in the next patch", or "you'll have to wait a little longer but we will surelly work on that area", and so on. BIS, please get involve and we will shut up. The patch approach is obviously going to take more time than what is healthy for your bussiness.

They shouldn't have to baby you so you can feel better, and they have lives also, not all their people can come on the forum and sip thorough reading post after post.

...1.why only one map? ofp had 5 maps!

OFP had 4 maps (Desert island, Everon, Malden and Kolgujev. Nogova came in an expansion so it doesn't count), and Sahrani is about as big as all of them combined. Also, ArmA actually has 2 - you forgot Rahmadi. There are also a couple islands about the size of desert island around Sahrani.

Would it make you happier if Sahrani was split into 10 islands, so it would be more than OFP? icon_rolleyes.gif

Chopper control is pretty easy after a bit of practice, and it may be a harder to learn than the OFP one but it is much better. If you like the OFP one so much better, well you'll just have to live with it because it isn't gonna change.

And as for the AI complaint, no comment nener.gif

1.about ofp i agree i should of taken the fifth one out and generaly my word about one map was because of minimal data about the game (mostly because that i seen a map of only one island :P)[and i don't own arma yet lol]

2.the chooper control was partly hard for me espasly because of the fact that on the demo the chopper mission forces you to have your chopper clean of damage or you fail the mission

3.but seriously don't you agree that the spotting thing is a big prob?

The BlackHawk

She's tough when it comes to horsepower, but when it comes to landing, she's made of thin glass. Not to mention carrying tanks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJiTU6A-fi0

Oh no...I remember that song..well...a bit of a part of it anyway. Was playing on an online server and when I was killed I somehow got friendly fire on myself so all I hear 60 seconds is "Ring ring ring ring bannanna phone" over and over.

To be honest as per usual, same comments over and over again, people the helicopter is not difficult to fly, if you are having trouble controlling it due to maneuverability, turn the sensitivity of X and Y axis ALL the way up.

Currently Arma's helicopter flight model is easy to pilot, you want to try something hard? Try maybe soldier or if you want to go a step further, warrock. No those were a pain to pilot well.

Quote[/b] ][and i don't own arma yet lol]

*cough*

Demo version is not comparable with up-to-date 1.08 version of Arma.

I really cant Optimize ARMA, my system specs allow for me to play with high speeds on many games such as COD, COH, HL2, LOMAC, IL2 and all on high - Very high settings.

Ive tried everything to get ARMA runnings to a point where it is comfortable and looks decent. And i dont know how but ARMA runs better on an External Hard drive than internal.

Anyway this is a definate Downside, OFP was designed to work on all systems High, low But Arma refuses to run at adequate speeds on Medium to lower systems.

same problems here dude

i think i might get an external HD for arma cause my C: drive is almost full and i havent defragged in forever nd last time i did it took 7 hours

Quote[/b] ][and i don't own arma yet lol]

*cough*

Demo version is not comparable with up-to-date 1.08 version of Arma.

ok you got me there...

the demo was rather diabolical - It was almost embarrassing in some respects - but It pays (well, depends if you enjoy it or not I guess) to get the full version, or go find a friend who has it to see the differences.

a shame, seeing as it was the OFP demo that hooked me on a very unknown game back in 2001... kept playing that one mission over and over and over crazy_o.gif

I have to say that this topic is absurd. This thread, I assume was put up as a tool for BIS to get a feel for how the "Dissapointed" community feels and why.

But I see (constructive or not) about 30% of the comments are on topic. 40% is "off topic" defense. 25% is pointless and 5% is tech support.

I dont see people with ArmA issues going to the "ArmA is awesome" Thread and arguing with the peple that say so.

I have no idea why the Moderators dont delete any posts that have nothing to do with this topic. If BIS does really use this as a tool, its too bad they have to waist their time reading 70% crap to get the info they want. This thread isnt a tool anymore, its a pissing contest.

...This thread, I assume was put up as a tool for BIS to get a feel for how the "Dissapointed" community feels and why...

No, if you followed the 'Ask a mod thread' they set it up to stop people derailing other threads with complaints.

The posts that are tech support and corrections to inaccurate complaints are people who go out of their way (and run the chance of riling the mods by the OT) to help others. I'd call this a good thing, unless you just like sulking in your own apathy/negativity/hate... then I don't know. Don't turn this into a thread post count issue, or a battle over who's right or wrong. I believe we all want to enjoy this game, or why would we still be here? smile_o.gif

Cheers

I have to say that this topic is absurd. This thread, I assume was put up as a tool for BIS to get a feel for how the "Dissapointed" community feels and why.

But I see (constructive or not) about 30% of the comments are on topic. 40% is "off topic" defense. 25% is pointless and 5% is tech support.

I dont see people with ArmA issues going to the "ArmA is awesome" Thread and arguing with the peple that say so.

I have no idea why the Moderators dont delete any posts that have nothing to do with this topic. If BIS does really use this as a tool, its too bad they have to waist their time reading 70% crap to get the info they want. This thread isnt a tool anymore, its a pissing contest.

Agreed, some of the comments do really belong in the Awesome thread.

I can understand being disappointed with the campagin, or accuracy of the modelling textures, bugs, armour ratios or lack options in the game and so forth.

But if someone is disappointed for a reason that is not really the Game's fault and is more to do with their PC, then i think that it's not unreasonable for the other members of the community to try and shed a little light on what the real issue that's causing the distress with the game might be.

The game is far from perfect but need people to take time to enquiry if they are able to solve technical problems that are causing them untold grief.

I`m sorry, but I fail to see how THIS contributes to any thing either. Complaining about people complaining, isnt THAT of topic? tounge2.gif

Why yes it was off topic, BUT I was attempting to get it back on topic "Productively" and stop the pointless replys. But all I seem to have done was create 4 more off topic responses. Some people just dont get it and never will.

They shouldn't have to baby you so you can feel better

Yes, they should. It's called Public Relations and Customer Satisfaction. It's a teenager way to put it the way you did, but it's another valid way to call it.