Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

ArmA is just ... disappointing

I hate arma for not having open windows like in the game art. i mean, who would photoshop game art? THAT IS BULLSHIT!!!

I'm wondering at what point will Arma be up to scratch? This will vary greatly for different people, but at what stage (eg 1.20) of the game do you think it needs to get to, before it's as you thought it was going to be, out of the box?

For me its when they fix the robotic, retarted and unnatural movement. When I feel that its not frustrating to play..

@BIS: Revert the HDR changes in 1.08 or at least for Christ's sake release a SDK so I can do it myself.....

Everything in 1.08 now looks way undersaturated and undercontrasted.....

Practically you turned ArmA visually into OFP  banghead.gif

From a GFX point of view, with each new patch BIS keeps destroying more and more of ArmA's initial beauty mad_o.gif  

http://doom3.planet-multiplayer.de/5.56FMJ/images/visual_decay.gif

wots an SDK

Software Development Kit

ArmA is just ... disappointing

After applying 1.08 which went suprisingly smooth and was succesfull, and then experiencing crash after crash, reboot after reboot. All this after Ive moved the settings down to Normal from High which i was running on v1.05 (trying high on 1.08 just murders my PC)... vis down from 10km to 6km. Inbetween each section of the start of the campaign it freezes up, I have to endlessly hit escape key then click continue untill it loads the cut scene.. where it finally went from the black screen to the view from the front seat of the 2nd hummer, the 1st hummer looked like a 40ft deformed cactus that stretched out to the right and into the distance.

The only thing that ran for about 20 mins was a session with the 4WD in the 'Viewer' where I did some driving challanges and found it quite fun.. When this game does run, It runs well and looks simply stunning but the crash's so far are outweighing the enjoying minutes. Viewing a animation of the APC.. crashed the pc

I dunno wether to call it the final straw for me or not. After watching untextured buildings and vehicles in the cut scenes leading upto the jeeps in the campaign.. Only to put up with following a hedgehog and a Driver (who couldnt to save his life) to make it into town and freeze up again...

The quote just sums it up for me.

Sorry BIS, just had to Rant.. bring on 1.09   whistle.gif  banghead.gif

[rant]1.08 has smashed my faith, its hardly playable through the choppyness[/rant]

Like I've said before, the AI soldiers in ArmA are mostly like 4 year old toddlers with superhuman accuracy.

EDIT: Ummmm.... I dunno what happened here, but I actually posted this in the AI + Tanks disaster thread. Weird.

I may have already said this.

Arma is disappointing because it brought a whole new group of whiners. Is this our next generation of children or gamers?

I miss the old community!

The new ones are rude and immature

The new ones are rude and immature

I agree, and not only when they are complaining about ArmA/BI, but also when they cannot get an addon to work alot of people just post "It doesnt work". While it DOES work, just because you cant get it to work doesnt mean there is anything wrong with the addon/game/me/whatever, its YOU! You need to READ! THINK! SOMETHING!

Seriously, ive never seen such a whiney community, and ive been to the bungee forums...

"wots" means "what's" in todays youth language, while it means the same it's 2 characters shorter and looks way more cool. smile_o.gif

And this topic is still about the disappointing things about ArmA and not about the childish community etc. so please go back on topic.

"wots" means "what's" in todays youth language, while it means the same it's 2 characters shorter and looks way more cool.  smile_o.gif

Why are your promoting such language.. we got our asses kicked back in the day from Placebo becuase we were not writing in proper english that all could understand, so why!!!

Not everyone here can speak good english to start with nevermind to learn the english geeky youths lanuage. wink_o.gif

Nothing like letting off some steam..

Tho because ive tasted what it can be like, Ive pushed on and fiddled with a whole heap of settings and still end up at the same point, CTD's or just plain freezes.

Ive now turned AA off, looks shit but definatly runs smoother, moved vis down to 5km, looks shit but is playable, every other settings other than blood is on normal.. looks shit but is playable..  for all of 5 mins

After posting my reply above I went straight to the troubleshooting thread to find an 18 page thread on 1.08 and its issues, by the time I got to page 18 , 8 more pages had been added! Feel free to call me stupid or whiney but too me that seems to reek of some kinda of issues...  nener.gif

Nothing like letting off some steam..

Tho because ive tasted what it can be like, Ive pushed on and fiddled with a whole heap of settings and still end up at the same point, CTD's or just plain freezes.

Ive now turned AA off, looks shit but definatly runs smoother, moved vis down to 5km, looks shit but is playable, every other settings other than blood is on normal.. looks shit but is playable.. for all of 5 mins

After posting my reply above I went straight to the troubleshooting thread to find an 18 page thread on 1.08 and its issues, by the time I got to page 18 , 8 more pages had been added! Feel free to call me stupid or whiney but too me that seems to reek of some kinda of issues... nener.gif

You must have one hell of a system do have turned visibility down to 5 km! crazy_o.gif

I mean even 8800GTX users are better off setting the vis to about 3-4 km max.

EDIT: Ok just saw your system in your sig. You're gonna want to keep visibility around 3km max and texture details around medium I think.

I havent had much to say but............

After this patch ArmA really stinks. 1.05worked great but 1.08 locks up all the time . sometimes CTD others crashes the whole computer restarting it. Dont even think about changin views while in a tank or even look at the map. Looking at the map causes masive lag.

1.08 is full of locks ups and crashesand graphic problems , I cant belive with this many problems they relesed this er patch.

there is anoher problem which effects dedicated servers. when someone crashes out the server is still sending data to the no disconnced client and wont stop unless either that person los back in or i reset the server .I check the server last night and with no one connected I was using 90% of the cpu and was sending data out like crazy to dropped clients.

BIS please respond and fix this thing before you kill the game.

Don't forget that virtually no computer is the same, there is always one little thing that can cause anything to work or not work like it should.

Have you also tried to defrag your computer? It may or may not help, what harm could it do?

Why are your promoting such language.. we got our asses kicked back in the day from Placebo becuase we were not writing in proper english that all could understand, so why!!!

Not everyone here can speak good english to start with nevermind to learn the english geeky youths lanuage. wink_o.gif

calm down, I made one little mistake on a forum, its not an English exam mad_o.gif

ARMA is so disappointing because it should be OFP 1.5 and now it is only worse then OFP 1.0 and misses all the important features that even 6 Years old games have but it claims to be a most realistic military simulator. Sure if you want to play military ballet and salute around, move slow and clumsy, cannot hop over smallest obstacles and watch beautiful sunsets and take same screenshots and make some videos of all that than it is cool. For me it looks like simulation of some retarded army of zombis. rofl.gif

ARMA is so disappointing because it should be OFP 1.5 and now it is only worse then OFP 1.0 and misses all the important features that even 6 Years old games have but it claims to be a most realistic military simulator. Sure if you want to play military ballet and salute around, move slow and clumsy, cannot hop over smallest obstacles and watch beautiful sunsets and take same screenshots and make some videos of all that than it is cool. For me it looks like simulation of some retarded army of zombis. rofl.gif

Care to elaborate on all those missing features that even 6 year old games have? And saying that it's worse than OFP 1.0 is a really absurd and completely invalid statement. icon_rolleyes.gif

Just a reminder to everyone that even though this is a complaint thread, we expect everyone to keep the discussion civil.

@John_McClane:

look at some of my older posts than you will find the links and elaborations of the missing features, I don't want to repeat them all the time.

ARMA is so disappointing because it should be OFP 1.5 and now it is only worse then OFP 1.0 and misses all the important features that even 6 Years old games have but it claims to be a most realistic military simulator. Sure if you want to play military ballet and salute around, move slow and clumsy, cannot hop over smallest obstacles and watch beautiful sunsets and take same screenshots and make some videos of all that than it is cool. For me it looks like simulation of some retarded army of zombis.    rofl.gif

Care to elaborate on all those missing features that even 6 year old games have? And saying that it's worse than OFP 1.0 is a really absurd and completely invalid statement. icon_rolleyes.gif

Customizable weapons- Global Operations

Vihicle controlablity- Joint Operations Typhoon Rising

Plane controlablity/realism- BF1942, At least in that game they had LIFT, LIFT!!!!!

Helo controlabbility/realism- BF Vietnam, Watch a real AH-1z fly and then watch the in game ones fly, now, what do you see thats diffrent?

RELOADING ANIMATIONS- SEARCH FPS ANY GAME

Player Vs player combat- BF2, JOTR, EOD, FEAR, Quake, Doom, Americas Army, COD, COD2, Soldier of Fortune, need i go on?