Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

ArmA is just ... disappointing

@King Billy on Rat Patrol: You do not understand that this is an example for a basic enabler in the engine simply missing. It is like discussing if a car should have wheels or not.

Basic enabler? Oh so the reason we can't stay on moving objects is actually because BIS forgot to enable the 'Entirely new, advanced lag free physics engine" switch?

Do you not realise that adding new features actually involves time, work and, most important of all, money?

Just because the game lacks a few features that would be nice to have doesn't turn it into a piece of crap. If you want to be able to stand and shoot on moving vehicles so badly then there are other game that do it, but can they do everything else ArmA does? No.

Quote[/b] ]It is like discussing if a car should have wheels or not.
icon_rolleyes.gif Yea as if the lack of this feature completely prevents ArmA from working.

the amazing thing is that I am sure if they open "donate to support ArmA" website many and I mena it many people would actually dontate! This is something not very common in the game industry for sure

I do believe BIS has a paypal account...I think they are even willing to accept jewelry and gold bars.

the amazing thing is that I am sure if they open "donate to support ArmA" website many and I mena it many people would actually dontate! This is something not very common in the game industry for sure

Certainly not me; I've already 'donated' my share by buying the game (which I shelved it btw), and by normal logic and in normal circumstances that's the normal practice and it should be enough/sufice. And if ArmA is the ultimate combat simulator then God help us gamers, but as some stated a bit behind marketing means to exaggerate the things, so nothing new and surprising here; ok then, ArmA is 'the ultimate combat simulator'.

Just because the game lacks a few features that would be nice to have doesn't turn it into a piece of crap.

If such (and other) things don't makes the game(s) to be a peice of crap, then I dont' know what.

AI seems to have no recoil whatsoever, they snipe with AK better than I snipe with sniperrifle (from 500 metres+).

Short story: I shot at an AI in a town, AI ran away, I tried to find it, ran 200-300 metres after it in a town (Paraiso), found AI, started aiming...meanwhile AI stops, turns around and shoots me with 1 shot, all this within a second...how come the AI knew I was there...I just entered a corner too so its not like I wouldd have been in plain view for any amount of time.

AI driving vehicles...they simply cant stick to road. In Sahrani, put AI to drive from airport to Corazol, they go via paraiso and the woods...only takes them 3-4 times longer than a human to drive to same place.

No T-80, few choppers, planes.

AI too accurate with RPG launcher and grenadelauncher towards human (infantry) targets.

Grenade launcher isnt that easy to hit with, have to calculate distance and terrain but AI shoots you in the head every time with nadelauncher.

To Thomas Ryan: Why on earth did you get a laptop? For the same amount of money you could have gotten a top-of-the-line stationary PC. And why compare with Stalker? It didnt even look good, looked 2-3 years old IMO. I can't up the shader details on my 3 years old computer but I tried once and it looked really good, I think a wall on a building even had text but Im running all blurry now to get frames. OFP required tons of computer power too, extreme drawdistance. It's only recently I been able to play OFP at high settings.

That to me is preferred (gfx(graphics) scalable so modern comps cant even run it on highest), a reason to come back to an old game and a great one at that.

Your willingness is commendable but useless.

Ancient software takes almost as as long to develop today as it did in ancient times and that's even if the combination will technically work at all, did you ever consider that?

People are also asking for havok physics and the devs keep having to respond that it would not work with current hardware. If this isn't an indication for you I don't know what is.

Also your liking for Battlefield style movement on carriers, boats and whatnot is entirely subjective. Personally I thought it was a fun feature and I enjoyed being able to take off from the carrier but I would never dream of demanding this in a sim. It's entirely too laggy and I think BIS would think the same. Online it's a disaster to look at with skipping models and odd smashing sounds, it's just horrible. And I think we'll find that BIS believe if it doesn't work online, it won't be implemented.

It would be just as hated as loved, guaranteed.

Hi, combat war simulator?, why can't we walk on vehicles?, or why

can't we use the hatches, to shot from there?, why we can't have

an adecuate number of weapons?; not just a M4 with burst and

semi... and well, i better not open the chapter of the weapons...

why there's no IR systems in the vehicles or on some sights for the

spotters (that don't exists in the game) like the guillie suits or the

terrain deformation. To simulate something properly, you may not

need to have many pimp "über kool" features but damn... no IR

systems...!? which was the last western war without IR systems?,

was the WW-II... or were the 1St Corea war years (the yankees

part, not the frenchs one). War simulator...? LAG...!! "simulator...".

Even on the Delta Force 2, you could walk and shoot while inside

a vehicle, boats i.e. i don't know what BIS is playing at, but ain't

like it. If the Sims (that loathin game) is called & sold as a "simulator"

i don't know why this 1St person shooter shouldn't, but without

that simple feature of walk by the vehicles and shoot from

inside, this don't simulates a war; this simulates a "shoot the duck"

thing with a fair gun. Let's C ya

,,, i don't know what BIS is playing at, but ain't like it ,,,

Let me share my thouths with ya and what I think it is wink_o.gif ; I think BIS had something (a graphic engine?) that was something between OFP and a Game2, something like not a mouse not a bird but a bat, and they like didn't wanted/needed it anymore (it's becamed like obsolete?), so what to/can be done with such a 'material'? Something like this: to quickly assemble a crappy campaign (half an hour in the editor per mission?), to add the editor of course, and then to pack it and to sell it to us (the suckers?) to collect some (more) money (for a Game 2 ?).

and bi go out of game business, and there are no game 2, the story ends, good thinking guys, but i wonder if there is another game like OFP will ever been born

Whats funny is that Red Orchestra simulates war far better than ARMA and nobody brags that its the ultimate simulator.

In RO you have/can:

-Open hatches

-See the inside of a vehicle

-Realistic looking tracers (Not every tank round is a tracer like in ARMA and sniper rifles don't have tracers)

-Much better realistic sounds

-Tank combat actually simulates tank engagement

-Tank shells can deflect off other tanks like in real life. How often does that happen in ARMA?

-You can jump small obstacles but you can't jump on and on and you can't bunny jump. In ARMA, the solution to bunny jumping was no jumping at all

-Vehicles act like vehicles, they get simulated much better

Seriously, if I feel like playing a war simulation, I get into seriour RO server with 64 people and feel much better than playing ARMA coop with retarted AI.

ARMA could have been one of the greatest all around game ever. But OFP still holds that place.

Whats funny is that Red Orchestra simulates war far better than ARMA and nobody brags that its the ultimate simulator.

In RO you have/can:

-Open hatches

-See the inside of a vehicle

-Realistic looking tracers (Not every tank round is a tracer like in ARMA and sniper rifles don't have tracers)

-Much better realistic sounds

-Tank combat actually simulates tank engagement

-Tank shells can deflect off other tanks like in real life.  How often does that happen in ARMA?

-You can jump small obstacles but you can't jump on and on and you can't bunny jump.  In ARMA, the solution to bunny jumping was no jumping at all

-Vehicles act like vehicles, they get simulated much better

Seriously,  if I feel like playing a war simulation, I get into seriour RO server with 64 people and feel much better than playing ARMA coop with retarted AI.

ARMA could have been one of the greatest all around game ever.  But OFP still holds that place.

while Red Orchestra is very good indeed, the story of developement and some other aspects makes quite a numbers of different path for the two

just my through, ballock maybe, if you disagree dont reply at all

,,, if you disagree dont reply at all

You should be the first to apply and to use and to practice this rule.

,,, if you disagree dont reply at all

You should be the first to apply and to use and to practice this rule.

i am only telling you to skip as its just a through that i dont know if it is 100% correct, just for this one off post, if you agree the quote post you just need to quote that post and tell why you agree or enhance it with points or reference

you guys just simply force your idea of throughs as the one and only one truth/fact on those who disagree with you

you guys just simply force your idea of throughs as the one and only one truth/fact on those who disagree with you

Now from where that idea camed from? Please go back on page one and read carefully the initial post from W0lle to get it, and please just stop buzzing around in this thread.

I'm just wondering if Karantan isn't BIS's officially hired forum troll monkey? If so good work! He really knows how to strike a nerve don't he? banghead.gif

I agree with Wipman , I certainly hope some sort of IR system get's thrown into this game . BTW love the signature dude

yay.gif

You are also mixing some things up. The simulators that you have posted here are specialized in one single branch for their own, everyone incorporates land or air. ArmA on the other hand combines land, air and sea. Know what i want to say? Your expectations are far too high, you want an Earthsimulator but it's just a game and if you compare this to other products present on the market, you would probably see, that ArmA is the ultimate combat simulator, because it is combining almost every arm. So calling it arcade is just bitching for me, because you seem to have forgotten all the parts and things that ArmA is actually simulating.

BIS never told anyone that ArmA is the ultimate helosim, the ultimate flightsim, the ultimate tanksim, or the ultimate chain-of-command sim. They have printed 'the ultimate combat simulator' on the box and that's it: A combatsimulator that is not only illustrating one arm, but as many as possible. A whole crackling engagement.

I'agree with you, but if BIS add fast plane in game they should have the instrument to use them correctly & efficaciously...

In OFP only A10 & SU25 were official, those are slow plane, using them without high tech instruement was possible, but ARMA use fast plane, so new tech are needed [if you play in Pro mode, there is no indication of path and such thing when you fly you can not look your paper map, so those tech are needed]... Those Shilka & Vulcan are useless against those, we need avenger or SA19, or S.A.M station...

But if you add those AA defense, the plane need Chaff, Flare & Scrambler ! It's logical

About others radar (AA, AG, IR), thermal (scope & goggle), those are realy usefull for the game... Even M.F.D, if a addon maker has add it in is pack (Franz OH-58D, AH-64, F/A-18,), i think BIS should do so with these official chopper & plane...

I know that BIS don't have time to add all these stuff in core, but they can employ some of the addon creator, to help them...

What I request in ARMA is a Core Update, not just a graphical update to make it look nicer than O.F.P !

About shooting from inside a vehicule, BIS said that it would be available in OFP2 (like the falling wall & localized damage) [i hope that they will add the material support like Project I.G.I, to be able to shoot beyond a wood wall, brick wall using real density variable]...

Remember ARMA is OFP 1.5, not realy OFP2, this has been fast made to bring money to BIS ! And sure, it is the reason why they are so much bug in it...

We seriously don't need so much weapons, vehicles, airplanes and so on.

We need to start with simple things that work "right".

And ArmA has too many things, and too much working wrong...

Gazmen, I think ArmA is OFP 0.5...

We seriously don't need so much weapons, vehicles, airplanes and so on.

We need to start with simple things that work "right".

And ArmA has too many things, and too much working wrong...

so what if they release it without these things? icon_rolleyes.gif

another types of fireworks display would have been started

really, death trap everywhere goodnight.gif

I disagree there..I think ArmA is ArmA 1.07

You can see soldiers rappelling from a helicopter on the game box but it's not implemented in the game. :S

You can see soldiers rappelling from a helicopter on the game box but it's not implemented in the game. :S

I don't have this image on my BOX (505 U.K french version)

PL versions is ...

cannot emulate using DT, whole PC is silenced, but noise and 5-10 seconds of checking disc in case i wanna check something is annoying :/

and once agian :/

CTD,

again.jpg

cannot creat memory, DT5, once again in the same place of North Sahrani as posted some posts ago by me :/

PL versions is ...

cannot emulate using DT, whole PC is silenced, but noise and 5-10 seconds of checking disc in case i wanna check something is annoying :/

Not everything can be perfect mate wink_o.gif

and bi go out of game business, and there are no game 2, the story ends, good thinking guys, but i wonder if there is another game like OFP will ever been born

ofp 2 from codemasters whistle.gif

Dissappointed in the M203 and zoomable scopes lack of understandable operation. Though I guess I expect Mod groups to make them more realistic since BIS added the functionality.

d3dsh33p:

So... You're ready to ditch ArmA for a game you know nothing about, by a different developer, based on what? a still rendering? I mean really, what are people going on, what info is there about OFP2 that has people thinking it's better, and not just something different to occupy their time?

I hope this thread has a point to it, if it doesn't i just don't see the point in adding to it. Hopefully one of the Mods can verify that it does have a point or not. My bitch about this game is as follows bellow:

1 Lack of mulitiplayer players (CTF)

2 Shitty attack aircraft controls

3 Player animations

4 No available jump, or climb over small walls

5 Degraded in performance after a time

Fix the above and i would love this game.