Sign in to follow this  
ArmaVidz

Tracers Request - Money for Mod

Maybe this will help the community get a feel for how deeply we feel about those tracers...

bah, didn't edit the title for the poll. Sorry.  icon_rolleyes.gif

you forgot the option "you're just silly"

I also omitted the option "Smartasses need not vote"

I think it's not a good idea because the modders are a community and the best reward must be the players's satisfaction and not money. Moreover, it may be illegal to earn money in using the base of a private copy license and it would be wrong to risk a process for a handful of bucks.

hey, I'm serious. This is the silliest thing I have read on these forums for a long time.

There's people who'll do it for free, hell BIS will fix mthe tracers if everyone hates them so bad.

Besides i'm not paying for anything related to do with ArmA unless its an expansion.

Use the request addon thread and it might get done, but at the moment I don't see alot of addons being made because there is no tools.

it's basicly 20 minutes of scripting work and and maybe half a day to make it look decent. And maybe a whole das to put in some extras The problem is we cannot disasable the default tracers so the only way to make it properly is to modify the main config to make all tracers invisisble or to make extra addons of every weapon there is so far... both is silly.

Tbh I have sevral "tracer scripts" on my computer they just look nothing good because their purpose is to show me the flightpath of varios projectiles for some other projects.

Basicly the game does it all already. everything that we must do is to make the default tracers invisible and to setPos some visual "aid" along the flightpath. even the deflection is already modelled in the game... it's really trivial.

Besides offering money for some addon that does nearly nothing to change gameplay is just silly.

Also I suspect there are legal problems as somebody already mentioned but I'm not sure on this.

Quote[/b] ]But where are these people who will do it for free?

Here they are.

Plus the lack of tools could be a reason.

I didn't comment that addon. However I have written that the only major problem is that we cannot disable the default tracers in arma without editing the main arma config OR making extra addons for all weapons (or at least ammo) that are in arma. That problem is visible with this addons which would work nicely if the default tracers could be disabled (in the difficulty menu).

The rest is rather trivial. It just doesn't look good with the default tracers there all the time.

Quote[/b] ] hell BIS will fix mthe tracers if everyone hates them so bad

would be so sweet if they did fix them, ive almost stoped playing arma, haven't played it in 2weeks at all. All i do is look for damn tracer mods an there all shocking, i dont see much difference than the original ones, plus it takes forever to int text every unit even with cut&paste, we need a petition lol help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

i voted for know i like it the way it is even though its a ugly sometimes to see a yellow line bounce of the ground sometimes tounge2.gif

but hey its better than nothing thouhg thumbs-up.gif

LOL! , the only thing which I would pay money for would be a big and qualitative high Mod with a new Campaign, new engine improvements and new addons (maybe), like FDF and ECP in one Addon ( or Resistance ), but not for tracers, which is maybe deeper athmoshere, not more and not less. It's ridiculous.

As this seems only lead to flaming and every second reply says "Contents Removed." I'm closing this.