Sign in to follow this  
brataccas

Bi forum for life?

Hi all im curious how long you all plan on spending your days on this forum? I have nearly left it as its so bad not to mention boring so I only pass and go sometimes, which is good news for everyone? Is this forum for life for you lot? or will you see yourself leave someday soon?

k thx bye bbq whistle.gif

I don't suspect anyone can seriously answer that with any degree of certainty...unless you start calling Shadow names in your next post, in which case you maximum life expectancy will be less than 15 minutes whistle.gifgoodnight.gif

Hi all im curious how long you all plan on spending your days on this forum?

Not long.

I don't suspect anyone can seriously answer that with any degree of certainty...

I can seriously answer with quite a degree of certainty; I'll visit this forum as long and till I'll play any of the game(s) for which this forum is created/dedicated for and inside this till it's at least a bit normal (not being disgusted with it) to visit, after that,,, Seriously and logically enough eh?

Some time after i have lost interest in BI games probably.. tounge2.gif

I keep coming back to check things from time to time, but all I find is crappy worthless threads like this one!  tounge2.gif

And soon to be just another  locked.giflocked2.gif thread to clutter up the boards! bogroll.gif

I wanted to report this thread I firsty I wanted to say that I the last topic you posted was also uselss. You wasted my time by posting that kind of topics. I totaly agree with Red kite.

I keep coming back to check things from time to time, but all I find is crappy worthless threads like this one! tounge2.gif

And soon to be just another locked.giflocked2.gif thread to clutter up the boards! bogroll.gif

dude, Im being serious in this thread, I like to compare myself with u normal beings. I dont think this thread is worthless sad_o.gif I cant help being curious banghead.gif

bogroll.gif

lol

@ Ironsight: I belive u cos of all your warns wink_o.gif this forum is mad, seems like loads of you have warns now nener.gif even me smile_o.gif

@TabloMaxos: you talk shite.

I check a few forums... not all of them. Never had.

I spend alot of time here lately due to the quiet everywhere else ... before this used to be OFPEC and my own site...

We'll see what happens over summer.

Well just today I had thoughts of throwing my whole computer out of the window and smash it to little pieces. It didn't happen yet but if I get so lucky that I actually manage to do it, then I won't be here anymore as a side effect.

Oh yeah, not caused by this or any other forum, just about what else is happening (or to be more precise, not happening) in my life.

Im going to stay here for about another 6months until the final patch for ArmA is complete and the Tools are released biggrin_o.gif

Well just today I had thoughts of throwing my whole computer out of the window and smash it to little pieces. It didn't happen yet but if I get so lucky that I actually manage to do it, then I won't be here anymore as a side effect.

Oh yeah, not caused by this or any other forum, just about what else is happening (or to be more precise, not happening) in my life.

well if u ever did that make sure u film it at least.

@ Ironsight: I belive u cos of all your warns wink_o.gif this forum is mad, seems like loads of you have warns now nener.gif even me smile_o.gif

48h vacation from this mad forum and it's oh-so-unfair moderators for flaming.

I check this one twice a day .... usually 8 pages of posts a day aswell as

ArmA.Eu

Armaholic

ArmA-Mod

ArmA-Zone

ArmA-Info

ArmA-Net

Something familar about all those names whistle.gif

@ Ironsight: I belive u cos of all your warns wink_o.gif  this forum is mad, seems like loads of you have warns now  nener.gif  even me smile_o.gif

48h vacation from this mad forum and it's oh-so-unfair moderators for flaming.

EDIT: Forget it, its not like you would listen.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Probably not much longer if the m*censored*s continue m*censored*erating the way they do.

But probably at least until I stop playing OFP and ArmA I guess...

I miss the Ex-Ronin and HF6 days sad_o.gif

I agree with Shashman. I used to visit here all the time, but the old crowd seems to have left and all the posts seem to be complaining about ARMA. Stuff like what happened on the last page with brataccas is not helping anything. Everyone is waiting for mods, but I hope all of the experienced modders from ofp arn't run off by the time the SDK comes out.

Just my 2 cents, probably will get a pr for this. goodnight.gif

Yes, i'll be here as long as i'm not banned

You can be like me and take the trolling to PM, or you can be like blackdog and get <span style='color:red'>BANNED.</span>

I still drop by on a nearly daily basis as a matter of habit I guess, but the forums are a ghost of their former self.

Conversation's gotten stale - most of the interesting or humorous topics are locked and most people worth talking to have WL's or have been banned.

This used to be a place where, between discussing the most effective way to use a LAW, we could (and did) discuss the proper manner in which to take a piss in the morning when afflicted by the dreaded morning wood, or warn against the dangers of shaving your ass hair.

The forum started going downhill when the "Babes with Guns" thread was deleted, and absolutely plummeted with the advent of the paradox that is "Too OT for OT".

Also, Arma just isn't the game OFP was. Comparing the two campaigns is like comparing 'Stalingrad' to 'Rambo'. Multiplayer can be fun, but I have more fun playing Red Orchestra.

I guess I'll stick around until I'm finally banned for my firm beliefs on the Zombie Jesus

I still drop by on a nearly daily basis as a matter of habit I guess, but the forums are a ghost of their former self.

Conversation's gotten stale - most of the interesting or humorous topics are locked and most people worth talking to have WL's or have been banned.

This used to be a place where, between discussing  the most effective way to use a LAW, we could (and did) discuss the proper manner in which to take a piss in the morning when afflicted by the dreaded morning wood, or warn against the dangers of shaving your ass hair.

The forum started going downhill when the "Babes with Guns" thread was deleted, and absolutely plummeted with the advent of the paradox  that is "Too OT for OT".

Also, Arma just isn't the game OFP was. Comparing the two campaigns is like comparing 'Stalingrad' to 'Rambo'. Multiplayer can be fun, but I have more fun playing Red Orchestra.

I guess I'll stick around until I'm finally banned for my firm beliefs on the Zombie Jesus

Best post I've seen since Arma got released. Everything is dead on...

I pop in when I get bored or feel like pretending to work.

If your worried about censorship then post in this thread.  Its like the plague to moderators and BIS so you can pretty much say anything.  If they read it I would be banned by now.

Speaking of banned...are you serious about Blackdog?

...there goes the comic relief...pretty much just another blog now then  band.gif

PS hmm not locked yet...

While I see that the mods are struggling hard since Placebo left, I don´t agree with the "they lock it all" statement.

In fact Placebo would have locked much more threads faster than as it is happening today. As Arma got released there are a bunch of new guys here and as this is the interface to real life you get both, good ones and bad ones. As a lot of the elder members are not that frequently here anymore you can´t expect to have it like the old family round you were used to.

Some of them got banned because they thought that once Placebo left the building they could hang out their ugly side and go for permanent trolling, something that wouldn´t have gone unpunished before. In fact a lot of that so called "elder" members even pushed flaming and flamebaiting, so it´s hardly surprising that they were banned. I don´t have any problem at all with that. Good riddance.

As for the new mods: I sometimes don´t want to be in their shoes with all that Kindergarten that is going on sometimes.

What baffles me most is that experienced users here happily join the train and join the spamming, flaming, whatsoever apart from helping the mods by reporting or directing those who have problems to the forum rules or send them a PM if something in their posts is straight against the forum framework.

I also do think that infact the forum is not overly moderated right now. It´s quite the opposite at times.

In the end this is still the BIS forum about BIS products and not the "how do I scratch my a** the most comfortable way" platform. People who suggest that it has been that way are simply not right as there never was a place for that here.

I also do see some really interesting new members here and for me it´s at times interesting to read what they have to say.

A forum always undergoes changes when the people change. With Arma we have a big change. For now this doesn´t make it less interesting for me to be here.