Sign in to follow this  
dragonfire43560

Which mod should i use?!?!

I seriously cant decide! Should i use the FFURSLX 2007 mod or WGL? Which one is funner? What are the pros/cons of each? Also can i install both of them at the same time and be able to play both? Thanks!

Guest Ti0n3r

You can't use them both at once since they both have their own configs. I'd go with FFUR btw.

Get both and just play one at a time.

WGl is hyper realistic but with OFP-style graphics (Dated), I used to play this alot.

FFSX has a couple of glaring "bugs" but look a hell of alot better and gives you modern 2007 equipment. Not as realistic, but still fun and has a few neat lil features (Tail rotor failer, jeep blowing up setting bush on fire, then bush setting you on fire, ect.). I use this now.

I've been playing with FFSX since it came out now (had never tried FFUR or SLX before), and I think it's the best replacement mod/realism tweak ever overall. It's not the most realistic (WGL is), but the gameplay is more enjoyable for the average player than that of WGL. Other similar mods like FlashFX and ECP look too dated now imo.

What the people before were trying to say is that you just can't have them both active simultaneously because they both have their own modified main configs and whatnot. You can have both installed and choose which to play:

1. With a launcher, such as Kegetys' OFP launcher or OFP watch

2. or different shortcuts with mod parameters:

flashpointresistance.exe -mod=@wgl5

flashpointresistance.exe -mod=@ffur

I'd recommend WGL but I won't because, to be honest I only tried FFUR once back in 2004 or so. Besides, it depends what you want since they're very different, and not only in what they do but also how they came to be.

Download each one your interested and see how you like it. I tried and older version of FFUR but for whatever reason I prefer ECP + a DMA unit replacement mod. I've also since modded in the SLX Grouplink AI into my config and slapped it into other mods I run too.

While thats my main mod I run, I also have tons of others that I play depending on my mood. Since many of the mods change the gameplay, to me its like having a new game to play. Just try them out and see what you like. You don't have to stick with just one, unless you have limited HD space. That issue is easily solved by buying a new HD and filling it full of mods smile_o.gif

I'll probably reinstall the latest FFUR/SLX at some point too just haven't gotten around to it as I'm still busy playing what I already have.