Sign in to follow this  
neutrix

Freeze after 10 - 25 minutes play

Anyone knows when new fix for 1.70 would be availlable ?

The real patch or another beta? Unfortunately I have no idea but I hope it is soon. Did we determine if any ATI users had this problem or whether it was just NVIDIA? If so then maybe it was the latest drivers that caused the problem. What drivers is everyone running? I am running Vista 32bit 158.42.

Maxmem is added to the shortcut path. Find the shortcut to Arma, right click on it and select "properties". There should be a box labeled "Target" with the path to the file in quotation marks. Add " -maxmem 512" or whatever value you want WITHOUT the quotation marks at the end of the target box. Note the space before the dash. Hope this helps.

No equal sign after maxmem between the value? Just a space you say huh?

I agree with [CS]SOBR[1st-I-R].Possible GPU overheat

Have you tried with the computer sidecover off? Fan or something

I agree with [CS]SOBR[1st-I-R].Possible GPU overheat

Have you tried with the computer sidecover off? Fan or something

I'm sure that is not an overheat issues...

As I said before, mine kept on crashing.

I lowered the texture quality to Low, which is still pretty good quality, re installed my ATI graphics drivers from scratch, lowered the resolution to 1024*768, left on low anti aliasing, still haev low post effects (should perhaps remove) and added the Maxmem 768 line to the start link. It is now rock solid, although I am still a littel underwhelmed by the looks of it - will see if I can tweek it more.

Amd athlon 3500+

1gb corsair ram

XT850Xt Ice cool GPU

Quote[/b] ]No equal sign after maxmem between the value? Just a space you say huh?

Sorry, yeah there should be an equals between maxmem and the number. It was quite late when I posted that.

I'm positive it isn't overheating. I will try playing around with the game settings though, thanks for the tip.

heck, I just thougt that the maxmemf fixed it but not - it crashe dagain yeterday after 20 minutes, maybe 25. No sense for me to play MP

I now seem to be having problems with Mcafee virus scanner, it often crashes onloading an MP map, mcaffee accuses it of uploading some form of virus or attack, then it crashes.

I might replace mcafee

Very annoying.

I just tried the new NVIDIA drivers (158.45) for Vista and I didn't get a crash on the main menu this time (I left it running for about 15 minutes with everything on Very High). However, 10 minutes into playing a level the game crashed to desktop (but it didn't freeze) so I'm thinking maybe it might be an NVIDIA driver issue? The new drivers certainly helped, they just didn't fix the problem sad_o.gif. At least I can sit watching the main menu now smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]I just tried the new NVIDIA drivers (158.45) for Vista and I didn't get a crash on the main menu this time (I left it running for about 15 minutes with everything on Very High). However, 10 minutes into playing a level the game crashed to desktop (but it didn't freeze) so I'm thinking maybe it might be an NVIDIA driver issue? The new drivers certainly helped, they just didn't fix the problem . At least I can sit watching the main menu now.

Well I'm using 94.24 driver, I can not update since they are the latest... And I belive that they cause crash to... I can play 10 min with these new driver, before 5...

Please tell me when patch to correct those crash will be released ?

I just tested ARMA with the new directX (april 2007)...  [scrub P.M to tell me that it could cause crash if not installed)

- But the game crashed 20 min later

- When I had installed new nvidia driver without the new directX, crash after 10 min

- And without those 5 min

The game crash even with 1.5 & 1.7 i don't why, i'm note the only one, and this a bug from ARMA others game don't do that, even O.F.P !

When I installed first 1.5, i didn't had those bug...

Have someone contacted Bohemia Interactive about this? I wonder if they check these forums for bug reports or if we have to directly contact them. I think the bug has to do with memory allocation because -maxmem seems to change the amount of time I'm able to play the game, but it always freezes in less than half an hour. I really wish they would release a patch for at least this bug very quickly since it completely prevents me from playing the game.

every 20 minutes craps out to desktop...... whatever I do, whatever settings

Could someone add this to the bugtracker?

I played for 2 hrs today after setting that -maxmem 1536.  I have 2 gig ram core2duo 2.93  2 8800 gtx 768mb.  But I had to keep ctrl - flush  every time I respawned to get the textures to  look right.  Hope 1.08 solves this.

edit- Oh yeah I also had to set affinity to core 0 on the ama.exe.

Just tried that too and got about 3 hours of play before a crash.

Dropped maxmem to 512 and set affinity to cpu 0 in task manager.

Not a fix, but at least I can enjoy the game more until this gets patched.

1 gig of system memory, dual core pentium geforce 7800gtx

I played for 2 hrs today after setting that -maxmem 1536.  I have 2 gig ram core2duo 2.93  2 8800 gtx 768mb.  But I had to keep ctrl - flush  every time I respawned to get the textures to  look right.  Hope 1.08 solves this.

Hi,

what is this ctrl-flush thing and how can i perform it?

I also updated directx to april, but crashes persists. Shame that no developer came here to tell us something.

I've now submitted this bug to the bugtracking system. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon!

installing new DX helped a lot, but not finally fix

game still is crashing, but much later than before

Hi,

what is this ctrl-flush thing and how can i perform it?

I also updated directx to april, but crashes persists. Shame that no developer came here to tell us something.

They added this to the 1.07 beta

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=62481

5156  - New: Cheat Shift+Minus FLUSH to allow to manually flushing all VRAM allocations to restore performance if needed.

When I play solo with the 1.80, I don't have freezing anymore...

But sometime when i play online with evolution v3.0 mode, the game hang or crash (blue screen) after 10 or 20min

Perhaps is a mission bug

This sounds like the same thing that has only started to happen to me since the 1.08 update.

As soon as I go into map view, or switch to 3rd person in a multiplayer game my computer freezes.

At first I thought it might just be Kiljoy's update of Evolution to v3.0 but the same thing happened on 1.5a (after updating game to 1.08)

Then tried a few CTF missions and the same happened.

I tried setting up a basic wizard mission on LAN but at the briefing the computer just frooze.