Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Real Life Photography/Photo Editing II - NO IMAGES >100kb

thx.

I'm sorry for you. Is DSL not available or what is the Problem? I mean DSL is really cheap these days.

depends of country, in my country you cannot sign agreement with provider unless you are not owner of flat (so when you hire flat/room, you can't sign and you must have radio mobile net, which is very poor, cause instalation is "on owner, on flat, on adress" not "on person who hired flat but can move to another and DSL comes after you" , when owner of flat (many young people in my country do not have flat, some hire room or flat from "old lady" , so they can't have DSL and must pay much much more for slower poor radio connection to their laptop, for example my girlfriend buys 100 MB for 2.5 euro :/ speed is 1.5 MB :/ can you imagine 2.5 euro for 100 MBytes ? cause only PLUS GSM works for her, other companies have 20-30 KB/s )

by the way - i took your winter shot as my background on PC ;)

it is beauty (i love winter by the way)

Have you been visiting Krakow again, Vilas? - Don't tell me you're lucky enough to live there?

photo was taken in Warsaw, i live there and i love "old town" and walking there every week

but Krakow is better than Warsaw, it is really old city, but i still have no time to sightsee it for week or more (hotels and railway are not cheap in my country)

Edited by vilas

did you stitch them together or what? I ask because they're only 900x600px^^ I could give you wallpaper sized ones ... 1920x1080, 1680x1050 etc.

panorama:

feldbergpano2_1bugd.jpg

in office i have 1024*768 , i took last winter picture (this with road and hills and fog)

if you would be so kind, to send me higher resolution on vilas@o2.pl ^^)

I feel guilty.... Bought a DSLR but almost never use it for photos :D

Maybe I should buy some dedicated photo lenses, my current ones are fine for video but not great for photography..

I feel guilty.... Bought a DSLR but almost never use it for photos

Maybe I should buy some dedicated photo lenses, my current ones are fine for video but not great for photography..

people on photo forums always have this problem with people asking about it

people buy DSLR instead of compacts because of "fasion, trend"

if you not take many pictures and not love this, buying DSLR is nonsense

if you wanna choose lens, first you must know WHAT you want to photo , birds, landscapes, macro , wild life etc.

there is no "one good universal" lens, equipment do not make all, you must know what you want

if you say that lens you got make you not photo, than i don't understand

cause many people take photos using default kit lens

default lens are most times 18-55 (counter 28-80 on FF) and you can take many pictures using them , only if you will try and want

http://picasaweb.google.com/112160154631302983944/UntitledAlbum#

do you think that those pictures are taken ONLY by other focal range (many are taken by not kit focal range but many are taken within this range offered by kit you have)?

if you would look at focal ranges, i am sure you will find many between 18 and 55

there are no "lens that will make you photographer"

there is you who can make it, not lens (just like with addons, when people demand MLODs from BIS, while others make 100 models without it )

one can, other not

thats why we value something or not

not everyone born to be sportsman, musician, graphician, photographer or scientist

you have tool DLSR, it is only up to you what you can do (and you live in rich country, so buying equipment is not problem for you as it is for people in poor countries)

if you have possibilities but you not use them - no machine will make photographer of you (while there are people with cheap old manual lens and do photos )

i don't feel good at photography but i know that focal range of kit is not bad and for sure it is not excuse ;]

you dont need to buy lens, you need to make yourself go and look for theme to photo with lens you have already

go to see nature, go and look for animals, flowers, trees, interesting stones etc

focal range 18-55 is very often used

Edited by vilas

Couldn't agree more with Vilas :)

If you just want to take snapshots - get a small compact cam.

Otherwise you might consider a bridge cam or a DSLR (or if you swim in money and you're passionate about photography a Leica M9 + lenses).

There are different lenses for different uses.

For example:

-available light photography usually requires very fast lenses.

-Wildlife often requires a tele.

-Sportsphotography a fast telezoom

Photography isn't a cheap hobby - soon you will feel the need for new lenses, an ext. flash, a tripod etc. And you might also wanna upgrade your body once in a while ;)

But for the beginning a standart zoom will do just fine. Unless you want to specialize from the beginning.

Edited by Derbysieger

Actually I bought the DSLR just for video, not for photo's :) So that explains it..

Got a couple of nice lenses, but due to budget (and because they're for video) I got older ones..:

Vivitar Series 1 28-105mm f/2.8-3.8

Vivitar 75-205mm f/3.8

Vivitar 28mm f/2

Porst Color Reflex Auto 50mm f/1.7

All manual, some nikon mount, porst is M42.. :)

Trully beautiful shots guys :)

Can't compete with those so I'll go with...cuteness ?

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

Life isn't hard for everyone...

Edited by Macadam Cow

[/color]

How fast is the lens you used? I mean 1/2000s - 1/3200s should be more than enough to capture fast moving objects. I never used ISO higher than 320 in bright sunshine.

The lens was f1.8, but there's no way I could keep up with focus, so I just set it to f8 @ 5 metres and hoped for the best, lol. I like the challenge of shooting things that are moving quickly.

photo was taken in Warsaw, i live there and i love "old town" and walking there every week

but Krakow is better than Warsaw, it is really old city, but i still have no time to sightsee it for week or more (hotels and railway are not cheap in my country)

I lived in Poland for a while (Gdansk) and thought the railways were cheaper compared to average income than in the UK. At least you pay by the kilometer, rather than the stupid privatised railway we have here. In any journey you might travel over railway owned by three different companies. It makes for very illogical pricing. To hear about the lack of reasonable-quality internet provision is quite saddening.

For buying a first digital cam: unless you are going to buy a lens to replace the zoom that comes with it, image quality isn't going to be any better than a fixed lens cam. Sony nex-5 can be had relatively cheaply now, and that's interchangable lens and has a decent-sized sensor.

Damn, I like pictures of cats so much it's embarrassing. Better post a masculine image of fast-moving military hardware, quick:

5390878108_57f5541eb1_b.jpg

Red Arrows

Taken with a very boring fixed-lens Sony compact.

I like the idea but the letters should be more in fokus/sharper. I guess there is not much you can do about the noise since it is already ISO 100.

img_7809lrln67.jpg

only there is a problem what area should be sharp

head of glass or all

what is "better artistic" water level or top of glass or ... who knows

depth of filed regulation is hard without "software softener" if you want have table soft and glass focused from above (like you took)

perpendicular look is easier to get control on depth of field, but... then there is "something in background"

photo of glass can be more complicated issue than nature views

but apart from glass :

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_DYyiMzuzgtY/TMxya_Ut-FI/AAAAAAAAAdk/PNtTBX-QAx4/IMG_4037.jpg

i was showing this some time ago, i can teach you how to do it

whole secret is in ... lack of water ;)

if drop falls on deep water (few cm) there won't be such effect

this effect is because drop falls on very thin water level (1-2mm)

when drop was falling on something deeper than 1-2 mm , it had no this effect of crown

and what tricks do you have ? :]

The problem with that photo is that I didn't have much time. I agree that it isn't optimal. It's a snapshot, nothing more. ;) I still like it somehow. I think I will try that again some time.Thanks for your input ;)

Some pics from this evening.

Egelsberg, Lower Rhine, Germany:

img_8085lrqyjf.jpg

img_8036lrnlv5.jpg

img_8051lrcb9g.jpg

All shot with the EF 50mm f/1.8

All those shots feel like they're missing Chieftains or M60's or Leo 1's trundling across them :D They're great.

A few shots from my last trip to Egypt, only two weeks BEFORE revolution.

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

Edited by txalin

Hi ladies

Always enjoyable to browse this thread and see your beautiful pics guys

3 unedited :

EDIT : woops, in fact they are just lightly edited

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg