Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Real Life Photography/Photo Editing II - NO IMAGES >100kb

i have been sitting down trying to learn photoshop for a couple of hours...

good or bad, i dont know.. im kinda pleased anyway..

]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/Skuggans_Natur/Old-pic.jpg

and this is how it looked straigt from the camera.

]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums....al.jpg

the truck (lorry for you brits) is a Volvo from 1937 if someone wants to know smile_o.gif

damnit... the thumbnails didnt work... i´ll use links instead.

i have been sitting down trying to learn photoshop for a couple of hours...

good or bad, i dont know.. im kinda pleased anyway..

]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/Skuggans_Natur/Old-pic.jpg

and this is how it looked straigt from the camera.

]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums....al.jpg

the truck (lorry for you brits) is a Volvo from 1937 if someone wants to know smile_o.gif

damnit... the thumbnails didnt work... i´ll use links instead.

We might still call it a truck. Lorry is sutch an old, silly, word.

Anyway, Ill post some photos of bristol Harbour festival and maybe pre-show, mostly funny, stuff from the week leading up to my latest performance soon. I apologise in advance for poor quality

No sure how many times I've damned you... but I'll do it again. Friggin' nice shots. Sniper, long pipe or close pass?

Saw few pics of guy showing off his stuff so gathered a bit of my "mil stuff" and started snapping... apart from slight cropping and resizing (I fancy 2 meg pics would break the rules a bit?), all the images are provided as-is, no editing.

asshot1wp6.jpg

asshot3hw3.jpg

asshot2st5.jpg

Also got some... other pics waiting, seemed to feature few VERY nice ones. Now if I could be arsed to start editing them...

Cool pics man!

A sunset from my back garden.

899038986_a5520e2f87.jpg

Red phonebox in Edinburgh.

979661802_86e4ff3e08.jpg

A panorama of Edinburgh castle.

I'm a bit frustrated just now, my pictures never seem to come out quite right and need a bit of post-processing... the thing is that every pic seems to get processed a little differently, theres no consistency - I need to find my way!

What camera do you got then?

And what lens? It could be a bundeled lens which is not too good.

But see if from the bright side, your picture has a larger variety wink_o.gif

i'm starting to feel like my Sigma 18-200mm lens is a bit too slow and looking around at some options.  i still really like having a single lens for travel, but it's just not cutting it and i'm stuck with either noise or blur from camera shake.  i could stop drinking coffee but i don't want to.  At the same time, I'm also interested in a wider angle lens, possibly a fixed focal length crazy-wide lens.  Can anyone throw some ideas out there?  I wouldn't spend more that $1K on one lens.

i'm half thinking of upgrading to the new 18-200mm optical stabilization Sigma, it sounds like it would fix most of what I find wrong with the current non-stabilized lens, as I don't do a lot of fast action stuff.

On the wide side, a Sigma 8mm f3.5 looks like it could be fun, and not that expensive really.  There have been a few times where 18mm just wasn't wide enough.  Anybody use one on cameras with ASP-C sized sensors?

Edit: 8mm would most likely be overkill and used very rarely, i think a Canon 10-22mm would be a better choice, so 10mm to 200mm with two lenses... not too bad.

On the wide end I'd look at either a Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, although it is an EF-S, so only suitable for the 300, 350, 400, 20 and 30D's. Or, as Daddl suggested, the Tokina 12-24.

If I was looking at "fun" at the wide end, I'd get a Tokina 10-17 f/3.5-4.5 fisheye (I'll be getting one "soonish") gives both fisheye at the wide end, and "normal" wideangle at the narrow end (17mm). Looks to be a good lens, and fun too.

As for the walkaround lens, aside from the same Sigma but with OS, I honestly don't know. I know its awesome to have one "wonder lens" which nicely covers all the ranges, (god knows I've missed being able to get wider with the 70-300 on, and tighter with the 18-55) but there just doesnt seem to be anything decent in that range. Although the Sigma looks like it could be cool.

Anyho, after somehow managing to knacker my 18-55 kit (something to do with the coating on the objective, but I've only ever cleaned it with a lint-free lens cloth...) I bought the 17-85 IS USM to replace it. Took some test shots today, quite happy with the results. The IS is great, saved a lot of the pics.

normal_CRW_5812.jpg

Bigger

normal_CRW_5837.jpg

Bigger

normal_CRW_5842.jpg

Bigger

Odd pic I know, but note the overhead powerline, in nice sharp focus - these trains pass the bridge I was on at @100mph and panning to catch them from that close is crazy_o.gif

normal_CRW_5844.jpg

Bigger

Messing about with the DoF

normal_CRW_5855.jpg

Bigger

IS saved this one, I was having to use my left hand as a makeshift hood, since I was shooting towards the sun - I always time that location terribly sad_o.gif

normal_CRW_5857.jpg

Bigger

More DoF fun.

Some pics from the Amber Hope 2007 exercise that I participated in as part of my conscript service...I am now a reservist Corporal.

62596829s.jpg

Higher res

Not an Airsoft gun. wink_o.gif This was from a Latvian equipment exhibition, we used RK-95s like these, here pimped out with everything we could fit on it.

Thumbnails:

62370425s-1.jpg

Higher res

62601015s.jpg

Higher res

And one from Finland:

55608453s-1.jpg

Higher res

Hehey, nice shots. How is it in RDF? Thinking about applying (due to enter service in rougly a year), but I'm doubting my physique and other... capabilities a bit.

Can't see the first pics btw... only the 3 latter. huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can't see the first pics btw... only the 3 latter. huh.gif

Fixed.

Quote[/b] ]How is it in RDF? Thinking about applying (due to enter service in rougly a year), but I'm doubting my physique and other... capabilities a bit.

Your physique is no obstacle. You will probably get in worse shape in the RDF if you don't voluntarily go to the gym during your free time. 9 months same "crap" as everywhere else, last 3 months interesting international stuff. Most are very unmotivated even though they voluntarily came there, which is strange and seriously ruined my service. Bottom line: very disappointed in the service, but don't regret it since it's basically the only way to go to international missions nowadays, I would have applied to NBG but it was too late. So KFOR next year probably. PM me if you want more info, I will be happy to answer any questions.

From my last trip to galicia, in the north-west coast of spain, the cies islands, the best beach in the world according bbc smile_o.gif

HPIM3901.jpg

And the cathedral of "Santiago de compostela"

HPIM4160.jpg

Enjoy smile_o.gif

A week ago I spend some time in the garden with my cam (EOS350D, all taken with a Canon 50mm f1.4 lens):

JB20070804_4224.jpg

JB20070804_4259.jpg

JB20070804_4265.jpg

JB20070804_4227.jpg

JB20070805_4333.jpg

JB20070805_4335.jpg

Note: the blur effect comes from the aperture used - the photos have not been photoshop'ed!

Nice pics sniper, daddl. I'm not a huge fan of flower macros in general but the first from sniper is nice and simple. I just got my 10-22mm lens in the mail today, need to find some time on the weekend to play with it. USM is such a treat when you are used to noisy autofocus!

Packed lunch Sir.......

IMG_0014_small2.jpg

Canon 400D

Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro

TV 1/100

AV 5.6

ISO 400

Hi Everyone. Just passing by.

45685435xd6.th.jpg

Cafe Florian, Venice, Italy.

Click on thumbnail for large pic, which is reduced to 25% of original size.

Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ7. Photographer: Hubby.

DBR_ONIX

Please do not hotlink images over 100kb in these forums.