Sign in to follow this  
celery

The Essential DM Collection

essentialdm.png

This is so far the biggest deathmatch collection released in Armed Assault. It includes twelve mission files for various tastes from CQB carnage to large scale slaughter. Some of the missions have been played for some time already and some of them are completely new to most of the audience here. You should delete any older versions of the maps in this collection. From now on I will be releasing all my deathmatches in this collection.

Most of my maps have an automatic healing script for legs that administers damage throughout the body so you are able to walk even when badly shot. Some maps have anti-camping measures that may consist of blinding proners and forcing players to move once in a while. Note that the default mission parameters are the most recommended ones.

Nobody stops anyone from modifying these maps and if you do make your own version, please name the map differently and write your name in the briefing notes.

Download locations:

Armaholic (check out the page id!rofl.gif)

Read on for specific map descriptions.

VODKA! (10) 1.10

A joint effort by me and Frantic.bay, this is our first deathmatch in Armed Assault. It's located in the village of Rahmadi and has a wealth of weapon crates with cool guns. The soldiers scream for vodka for every five kills or when they stay in one place long enough, so it's easy to locate campers and spree killers.

Camel Rage (24) 1.17

Camel Rage is an aerial deathmatch that takes place in the skies above Dolores. The whole map has been designed with the Sopwith Camel in mind, so if you are looking for the ultimate biplane deathmatch, this is it! If you run out of ammo or your plane is about it give up, you can fly under one of the three bridges and get ammo and repairs.

Ranch (12) 1.06

The Ranch was my first ever multiplayer map and now it's back looking for revenge! It was the smallest known deathmatch in Flashpoint and continues its minimalistic legacy in Armed Assault. Simply put the map is pure slaughter after the player count reaches the optimal six participants and the imminent respawn time makes sure that blinking is a fatal mistake.

Motel (40) 1.00

Fighting can't get any more indoors than this! A (not so) luxurious hotel is a battleground for secret government agents who dispose of each other with extreme suaveness.

Road Rage (24) 1.00

The streets of Paraiso are in chaos as drivers armed with rockets or cannons make roadkill of each other in this fabulous race of death. Be careful not to drive too slow or your car explodes. One of my personal favorites!

Tequila Sunburn (16) 1.06

Tequila is a small ghost village consisting of a church, a few houses and a formation of barracks. This version has an enormous selection of weapons and the feature that really separates it from other wannabe Tequilas is an anti-prone script that blinds the player that goes lying down. It has a tried and true positive effect on the fun factor of the map as it keeps the game running on two legs if you allow a figure of speech.

Bagango, Paraiso and Ortego Unlimited (60) 1.00

The Unlimited series maps are large scale deathmatches. Each is situated in their respective towns that are filled with vehicles and ammo crates. With all the equipment in the game you are free to do anything at all with only your own incompetence as the limit. No vehicle respawns so the maps should be realistic enough to represent an urban conflict of survival instincts.

Rocket Rumble (40) 1.00

You have semi-automatic rocket launchers that fire 120 rounds per minute and you are dropped into Ortego. How many families will have a home left after this?

Vanilla (16) 1.04

Experience the island of Sahrani in a small collection of twelve light duty deathmatches that don't have many other features than five ammo crates and respawning soldiers. You can have a tour across several locations during a single game or you can play it like any generic deathmatch.

Unreal Arena (40) 1.00

Ortego is once again wet with blood when super soldiers wielding powerful weapons and wearing jumping shoes have an all-out bunnyhopping brawl across the rooftops. Yes, you actually jump in this one!

Suggestions, comments and constructive critique are most welcome. That's the way I can improve the maps and make this the best deathmatch experience of your life.

Ok after putting it on my server and having a bunch of guys play through these maps, all i can say is WELL DONE! These maps are quality stuff, tons of fun and a freakin laugh fest. lol While playing "Road Rage" I was laughing so hard i couldn't even drive.

If anyone wants to give it a run through, I have them in rotation on my dedi. Just set your MP filter for Super and look for "Supers ArmA Sandbox". You'll have a blast. thumbs-up.gif

im loving the funky colours in your image.. now i know why you chose the YMCA on Sahrani Radio crazy_o.gif

Anyway, i intend to give these maps a whirl tonight if i find them on a server biggrin_o.gif

im loving the funky colours in your image.. now i know why you chose the YMCA on Sahrani Radio crazy_o.gif

- hahahahahahahaha! -

Yeah really great work!

Road Rage is the best DM out there so far and for sure the most funny one.

notworthy.gif Celery, your my hero! notworthy.gif

Looking forward to more nice DM missions made by you! inlove.gif

Great work as always Celery ... hope to see more in the future xmas_o.gif

suggestion!!!!

mix the unreal version with the rocket rumble

jump with rockets ftw

proposition about road range:

1. posibility to put 1 mine (or pipebomb which would blow after 3sec) behind car

2. adding bus

3. adding jumping

I played these maps last night on some server with loads of players and all that i can say was WOW, they were awesome to play, after hours and hours of mission editing it was time to have some fun and these maps did the job [Camel Rage, Rocket Rumble and Road Rage].. Great Job i intend to try and play the rest.

suggestion!!!!

mix the unreal version with the rocket rumble

jump with rockets ftw

I thought about that before releasing them, but I concluded that the majority of deaths would be caused by jumping accidents rather than a rocket hitting its target.

proposition about road range:

1. posibility to put 1 mine (or pipebomb which would blow after 3sec) behind car

2. adding bus

3. adding jumping

Mines and jumping may make the game a bit too complicated, and making it work for cars so that you also get the kill may be a little complicated on the scripting side. I was about to add a bus but turned out that it's too big to drive through the archways to get ammo, but I could make it have unlimited ammo. The stupid thing is that you can only have tank cannons and machine guns in civilian cars: the game crashes if you try to fire a rocket. The tractor was one of the first things in my mind but it's useless with all weapons because its weapon hardpoint touches the ground.

In Road Rage, what about the server option for the civvies to have just 1 satchel bomb so they can choose to drive or try to ambush two or more people chasing each other? I'd figure most people would drive but some might set a trap. I don't know, maybe that would make it less fun since being killed by a satchel sucks. Might be fun if the satchel had a different model, like a clown or rabbit. IED Rabbits!

Anyways, great job!

Another idea.. what about a kind of racing/DM map with the spirit of Road Rage, but on the dirt track or larger area... A 'commander' could place ramps of various types anywhere similar to building structures in CTI/RTS. As some kind of points or money increases, you can outfit your vehicle with better weapons and take it onto the DM track! pistols.gif

id still like it for the fun factor xmas_o.gif

also id love to see a tdm where each team starts on one end of ther city(s) with auto rockets and spawn protected

and the jumping thing!!!

Even though this is a vid, its of the Essential DM collection Camel Rage map. We were having so much fun, im glad I had Fraps running. The music covers up uncontrollable laughter and considerable profanity. lol But wow, what a blast!! yay.gif

DOGFIGHT!!!

Nice movie Super64! I wish I had such hi-tech toys as you do. thumbs-up.gif

The next edition of the pack won't be coming for a month or two but I have several ideas brewing already. I'm certainly going to continue the Rage series on air and sea, choppers and boats being the tools of destruction this time. I'm also going to try some more exotic concepts for infantry maps. Concept ideas for new deathmatch maps are most welcome, I will use the best suited ones to expand the collection.

I want opinions on the Unlimited series. They're a lot of work but I don't want to keep making maps that won't be played.

Hey Celery, been playing your Unlimited maps quite a lot and the only issue I can think of is the lag ... I don't know much about mission making but this might be a issue with our server?

Also I love DM Vodka and Motel, espically with the whole Goldeneye thing going on great work, just keep them orignal and it'll be great smile_o.gif

We (NoPryl) played all your maps this weekend at our lan party GSL2007 and wow what a laught we had   biggrin_o.gif.

We tried to find maps we could purge from the server, but did not succeed.

7 ppl playing the Ranch was hilarious fun.  biggrin_o.gif

12 people in Ranch w/ RPGs = MAYHEM. Seriously. It knocks 'Ultimate military simulation' right out your head! :P

12 people in Ranch w/ RPGs = MAYHEM. Seriously. It knocks 'Ultimate military simulation' right out your head! :P

Aye ... the Barn does'nt last very long ... awesome map Celery! xmas_o.gif

I updated Camel Rage to version 1.20, but the pack remains unchanged until next release. You can get the new Camel Rage here. The most notable change is the addition of three weapons: GAU-8 (from A-10) and M249 and M240. I added the light machine guns to reintroduce a lower damage class, as the Vickers MG was made an overpowered nuke in the latest patch. You could kill another plane with 10 Vickers rounds.

May your kills be plenty and may you never fall from the sky! pistols.gif