Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Children?

Worrying about fixing the game sounds better than implementing a bunch of goddamn kiddies

As I said in a previous reply, adding children would definitely add more RL, but you need to be aware that you lower your human barrier to kill children when you exercising it on PC.

And you might consider that being a child soldiers is not always their free will, and even if they did horrific things in latest wars, adults made them what they are, so kill adults, even armed woman, but no childs.

@DreDay

I am not advocating perverted use of children in Arma, nor am I suggesting BIS should include them. I understand your thoughts and your fears. What I am saying, however, is that your opinions do not necessarily apply to me and my beliefs so you have no right to suggestively ban the inclusion of children in this game. The first person to misuse that right I will be right along side of you voicing my opinion. Until that time, I can think of many tasteful (IMO) uses of children and even the possibility of using the engine in a peaceful simulation.

You forget this engine is also used to train first response agencies (VBS1). As a result, your FOV is extremely narrow and your opinions effectively exclude these perfectly legitimate possibilities. Instead of thinking of all the negatives, think of some of the positives.

I think we are actually in agreement here. I don't mind children being included in VBS or a peaceful simulation. What I am saying is that the scope of vanilla Arma (or most mods for that matter) does not allow for the children to be included in tasteful and socially responsible manner.

Peace,

DreDay

I disagree with "a little bit pregnant" approach. As soon as there is ANY children addon out means downloadable on a server, you would find missions with sick happy children killings. You can not avoid that this would be abused, hence I suggest to ban any kind of addons like this.

I disagree with "a little bit pregnant" approach. As soon as there is ANY children addon out means downloadable on a server, you would find missions with sick happy children killings. You can not avoid that this would be abused, hence I suggest to ban any kind of addons like this.

I have to agree it would be wrong to add children to this game, at the end of the day the parents bring them into this world and train teach them the ways they have been living. That may involve guns and war but they are inocent, you must remember they were programmed from birth confused_o.gif

I think the only reason for this thread and the initial idea of blackdog was to start some flamefest.

Unfortunally the debate was pretty civilized up to now, so he tried to put some more coals into the fire by adding his preferred way of killing kids ingame.

In my opinion this thread should be closed and blackdog should be handed a PR and some offtime for his obvious flamebaiting.

Thanks for wasting our time.

The great thing about running over civilians in OFP, especially during CTI, is the fact that their bodies flew such long distances. Especially when you hit them with something like a bus. I did quite enjoy hurling their body across the desert into one of the airport hangars. Good times...

Whats up with blackdog~?

<a href="http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3829/x1pijpkux8gh9bgi8nmpnqrfp2.jpg" target="_blank">I HATE AUTO SHORTENING!!!

</a>

if the sources is correct, this is the place where a 11 year old little girl and her 2 mates get killed by a random shell targeting a UN SFOR CP at April 23 1995, do you really want to see her body laying in blood in the same place?

i admin i get pretty upset when i heard that story, but thats the face of a war, innocent ppl getting kill all the time, whats makes me feel even worse is that instead of preventing some thing like this happening, someone wanted to do it, i am not saying that someone want to do it for real(and i dont think anyone wanted to), but it really worth think deeply b4 making something that have a high chance that brings more bad then good

p.s. this pic is copyed without permission of the original photographer who is a former 1e REC member i know not much of, if anyone who happend to be a friend of him and find this pic in-approbate in terms of use tell me and i will remove

Great to see the creator of this ...... thread thinks its a great friggin joke ....... and your all his pussies.

See ..... half the Pro-Children cast here are quoting off media snippits and Movies and pictures of kids carrying RPGs ....

And thats your justification

*Bingo .... the media and entertainment industry has done its job well ... oh so 21st century.

You're so DESENSITIZED to the true horror of it all you can't see this is morally wrong

And why is it OK for adult men to die and not children or women ?

ffs ..... MEN make war, not children or even women

I can just see it, some 12 year olds playing a Mod;

"hehehe ... ooops, just shot that kid in the playground"

"Wow, see what that nade did to them ... HAHAHAHA"

" Do it again .... LOL"

"Wow .... gotta FRAPS that, and post it on YouTube for Jimmy to watch"

............ and guess what happened next kiddies ...

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>I dare every one of you pro-children proponents to go ask your woman (mum, girlfriend or wife) what THEY think of children being in the shooting game you play</span>

Yep ..... just as I thought!

I think the posts of 4 In 1 and Gnat made it clear ....

This subject should not further be debated upon. I would advise a mod to close this thread.

It is really disgraceful!

No Grand Theft Auto players in this forum then.

Perhaps all those people who feel morally bereft after butchering "innocents" in a video game, women, children, the elderly, the infirm, the surrendered,

Cute fluffy animals....

Could all flagelate themselves until they feel sanctified again.

No offense but if you can't properly distuingish between playing a video game and real life mass murder, you need medical help.

If you can't trust yourself or anybody else to "kill" representations of children on their computer and not follow it up by killing children for real you need psychiatric help.

Turn to god, lock yourself up in a convent.

Remove yourself from the general public at the earliest possible convenience.

No one likes a crank.

Best scene in a video game....

Woman gives birth to a mutated child in Command and Conquer.

Absolutely brilliant, powerful stuff.

i think we are talking about putting a child into the game based on someone's personal desire to conduct mass killing instead of differents between game and real world

anyway i stated clear, no i wont mind to put child model into the game, if there is a proper moral system, if there is a proper manner of duing with things, which right now, is lack of, so untill there is something like this which will leads into a nasty nasty result by conducting "war crime", NO, dont put it into the game or we will see a bunch of more un-tolerated mother waving banners and signs infront of BI HQ and yelling "KILLER"

i think we are talking about putting a child into the game based on someone's personal desire to conduct mass killing instead of differents between game and real world

Not really, I actually created this thread because I wanted to reminisce with the "Children?" threads of the past on this forum.

They're always guaranteed for at least a few laughs because it seems that people get pretty angry in them. icon_rolleyes.gif