Sign in to follow this  
x582gr51

Canister Rounds

A canister round is usually loaded with darts (fléchettes or balls) and used for proximity defense against massive infantry attacks. I know two types of these rounds 1- 40mm canister round 2- 120mm tank's canister round. Is Arma is permitting this balistic effect of fléchettes and/or balls dispersed from one shell?

I must admit that i remember (but not much) of a discussion about pellets and 12 guauges shells in ofp. If you have more infos, plz share!?!

The only way is to createVehicle the rounds but the problem is it's not the same as actually firing them (ex: the shooter doesn't recieve any credit for the damage/kills caused from them).

And depending on how many smaller rounds you create with every shot things can get laggy...I believe LSC made a shotgun that operated like this and I always got lag when filling people with buckshot at close range.

Edit - here for ofp of course, but you can see the workaround in action...

Yeah, i was thinking about the createvehicle scriptb4 asking in the forum. Doing it without script was my goal but ... another dream goes down the drain...

The script of the mossberg is the most obvious and easiest way for a realistic shotgun effect but the need of a 20000 ab axis trigger cause a tremendious amount of lag.

Modifying the script for using it without the need of a trigger is clearly the way of doing it right.

Thanks for the hints!!!