Sign in to follow this  

Body Armor In ArmA

lol Body Armor im sorey sad_o.gif pelase fix thank you

The question i ask does body armor working in Arma?

allot of games body armor does not work like in ghost recon plenty of others. but in games like swat 4 i believe it does.

any way to fix this or test this? fix character models or config to reflect the body armor they have on?

And anyone want to make this addon/config to fix this if the devs wont do this.  evan a option to turn it on in Difficulty settings for Sp or mp coop vs pvp.

And anyone els would like to make the Dragon Skin body vest. Seen on future weapons or msnbc Special investigation

video for Dragon armor = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS0pSwdQfbY

oh btw Dragon Skin is baned by the US army because they need there Contracts.  

I would realy like the devs fix/anser this before somone goes on makeing mods then Leaveing it up to ECP/relistic mod makers addon

and is this evan a good idea to have it in the game becuse maby it can be used as a explot or cheat.

Last time I checked, body armour was already implemented in Arma huh.gif

Oh and please try to write in a somewhat understandable english. It´s hard for us non-english-slang-guys to follow you on your wild ride to grammar-apocalyptica.

If they put in better body armor, they should make blow back possible too. If you get shot, you go down... you may not be wounded, but you're still going to hit the ground.

I think the best words I've ever heard anyone say about body armor is its not worn to keep you from getting wounded, its there to keep the bullet from passing through you to the buddy behind you.

i tested body armor it does not work. whare are the configs for it i have looked in the Configs.

i tested body armor it does not work. whare are the configs for it i have looked in the Configs.

Wow...this means it is implemented the right way..like in real live...does it make you clumsy and slow to, and makes you sweat like the real one.

I really want ArmA as realistic as possible, but i dont think its possible. rofl.gif

But a good simulated body armor is a good way to realism in arma.

Dragon Skin isnt used yet or?

No I don't think any additional body armor, magic sheilds, or leprechauns should exisist in Arma. Additionally I think your poll question is so obviously biased that it looses all credibility.

I suspect your trying to get something more along the lines of the BF, Halo, or other online FPS's out of Arma. Thats your right and your not alone. However I don't think its realistic to expect the developers or even the modding community as a whole to move away from what the game was designed for (realism) just to scratch this itch some seem to have reguarding the unforgiving nature of the game, particularly infantry play.

I love the game as it is, this is what I expected when I purchanced it. The problem is when you suggest to someone they are playing the wrong game for what they are seeking everyone gets defensive and upset so I'll just say best of luck instead.

What's realistic about taking a 9mm in the vest or 5.56 from 600m and having it pass all the way through you?

You don't think more body armor than none is realistic? That's not pillows under their shirts in the model. It's like saying "You know how you're in a M1A1 and someone shoots you with a bullet? Yeah, wtf, that's some magical made up unrealistic shit that it doesn't come through and kill you."

People take a round in real life with no where near the lethality of ArmA. Will an interceptor make you into a walking tank? No. Will taking a round hurt you? Yes. Does an interceptor stop everything shot at you? No. But god dammit real US soldiers wear some kind of protection and it's far more effective than whatever is modeled in their right now.

The game has a problem with lethality. You take a 9mm round from 300 yards and you die, you fall 10 ft and you die, someone bumps back into you with a HMMWV and you die.

It's no wonder why everyone in MP lusts after tanks and helos like they do. Ground pounding is a death trap.

that would make it a problem with the ballistic systems, not the damage tolerance of players avatar.

Exactly what I was about to post. Fredderf your really describing two seperate problems. One the lethality, the other the sniper shots the AI is famous for taking. Its the latter thats prompted the most calls for an improved body armor system.

My point is even if armor is added the main most glaring problem will still exsist and pose problems for the simulation thats created. The problem is detection quirks by the AI and of course AI's shooting abilitys.

Edit : Just wanted to add I don't think anyones saying an AK-74 cannot hit at say 500 meters, instead that the chances of this happening against a suprised enemy are astronomical, some past threads on the topic get derailed on that point, we all know the round can travel that far or farther.

I saw a video of a US soldier get hit with a 7.62x54 SVD round whilst wearing body armour, knocked him to the ground but he snapped right back up, had his rifle sighted in and he was already scanning the area...

Body armour is better than portrayed in ArmA..

There isn't enough chance or luck involved as the damage is not modeled realistically at all....

In the dude's configs there are already body-armour-strengths defined for legs,torso,arms, hands,head etc.

No doubt some future addons will utilise this feature to provide more armoured troops.

I saw a video of a US soldier get hit with a 7.62x54 SVD round whilst wearing body armour, knocked him to the ground but he snapped right back up, had his rifle sighted in and he was already scanning the area...

Body armour is better than portrayed in ArmA..

There isn't enough chance or luck involved as the damage is not modeled realistically at all....

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

As an option you may have to choose what kind (type) of ballistic vest you will wear. The dragon skin has 30%-60% more weight.

Such things slow down the movement of a soldier a little bit. Could be difficult in MP playing with different ballistic vests.

I think such vests are only "nice to have" wink_o.gif

I still think the effect of weight on a soldiers movement is still exaggerated currently, I know fanboys use the same old line about try dropping to the ground with so many pounds of gear yada yada yada....

US soldiers from what I have seen in combat vids move way more smoothly than in ArmA even with body armour on, no point excusing the sluggish movement for realism, even I have done exercises with a considerable amount of weight on my back whilst carrying a rifle, and I could still act & move quicker than in ArmA...

If realistic gameplay should be enforced, It should be based on 'realism' not preferences to suit situations that a 'Tactical Gamer' fails to peform well in...

Of course I want...together with an inventory management system. I want that I move slower and stamina goes down earlier if I wear several kilogram body protection.

@churnedfortaste

Sorry, but wearing e.g. EnGarde "Dragon" with Level 2 (additional weight about 9 kg.) will slow you down a little bit. Or you have something removed from your "inventory". wink_o.gif

There a different types (armor level) of ballitic vests - so don't think they all are "bullet-proof".

Now US Army are wearing IOTV's and US Marines wear MTVs.

ArmA is a combat simulation and one main preferences is tactical movement in team/groups. Maybe BIS can implement some types of ballistic vests with all following "realism" into ArmA - would be nice.

As soon as we get realistic protection values vs. realistic bullet specs... Ordirarry ball-round isn't same as wolfram round forexample. Otherwise it would just merge new questions and whining, so system should be quite perfect. And how would be busted trauma plates modelled? And ofcourse as russian titanium plates don't get busted, those should be modelled aswell?

"armor is strong, but bullet is stronger" was said in article which was about newest russian AP and enchanced AP rounds.

ArmA soldier damage models are crap. a bulletfrom an mp5 will kill a soldier one hit when you shoot him in the back while he wears kevlar and a level IV ballistic plate designed to stop an SVD dragunov armor piercing incindiary round. small arms do too much damage in ArmA. the only reason why people think its realistic is because theyve been playing too much cs. See my post in the Game2 Suggestion Forum on page 3 (New Damage Model System). That's what it should be like.

In theorie Body armor looks good, in reality it leads to polytraumatic injuries, just preventing you from beeing chalked up as KIA.

Polytrauma Rehabilitation Program.

yes i would sure prefer to die outright than to risk being wounded and receive treatment. In fact why dont they strip the armour off the tanks and wire every solider with C4 to make extra sure they are KIA every time? icon_rolleyes.gif

No offence, but are you depressed or something?