Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

(Dutch use the FN MAG for this, I believe the Americans use either the M2HB or FN MAG, not sure about the British)

Our Chinooks use M60Ds on the ramp, which is more than likely why Afro wants one. The side doors are normally armed with M134s or a couple more M60Ds.

Chinooks seem to be the only thing we have in service that uses the M60 since they came from Boeing with them.

edit: Messy beat me to it. However I make a further point that the M60's still placed on the ramp while miniguns go on the door...

yeah, sorry - forgot to add that bit tounge2.gif - still think a rear ramp minigun would be rather gucci, if not a little overkill tounge2.gif

/edit - if someone would like to donate a M60 model perhaps even one modified for helicopter use, contact me!

Mate, borrow the M60 from Skaven's RACS pack - it's pretty good, and once he's done some LODs on it (the next version coming up) it'll be almost perfect, you'll just have to stick some grips and a butterfly trigger on it.

Skaven's RACS

He's given permission for anyone to do what they will with the weapons, so you're home free.

HOw can he give permission if he didnt make them himself?

Im not bashing anyone here but that shit already annyoyed me highly in OFP.

And yes... im aware that all of you just want the damn addon and give a flying **** about where its from...

Wonder how the maker of these weaps think if he sees screens of them with them being labelled as Skavens weapons and now everyone goes like ohhh have you seen his weapons, soooo great, he did a awesome job there huh.gif

Yeah, sorry bout that one. I know they're CS models, but he configged them up and all, and for ease of reference, it's better to say "Skaven's pack" than "the CS weapons Skaven imported."

And I did say "Skaven's RACS," not "Skaven's Guns." Nowhere did I imply ownership, except of the RACS themselves. But I know where you're coming from.

It'd be like calling the T64 "Kenji's model as textured by RHS," you know?

Yeah, sorry bout that one. I know they're CS models, but he configged them up and all, and for ease of reference, it's better to say "Skaven's pack" than "the CS weapons Skaven imported."

And I did say "Skaven's RACS," not "Skaven's Guns." Nowhere did I imply ownership, except of the RACS themselves. But I know where you're coming from.

Well you kind of implied it with the part that Shadow NX quoted:

Quote[/b] ]He's given permission for anyone to do what they will with the weapons, so you're home free.

How can you say that he can give them out freely (permission) for anyone to use content that is not even his in the first place (an exception would be if the CS:S addonmaker gave him explicit permission to share the content freely with others).

And your second choice for naming them would be better, there have been and are other packs for OFP and ArmA that borrow from other games extensively, putting these in a pack named after yourself is quite simply bending the truth. It takes no where near as long to create a config for 50 weapons then it takes to model, map, and texture them.

The one big addition are lods for them (if done properly).

Well, I was under the impression (i.e. I read somewhere) that the makers of the models had leant him the models carte blanc (or is it blanche... forgotten so much French) for the ArmA community.

As such, they gave permission to him to give permission to us.

Quote[/b] ]And your second choice for naming them would be better, there have been and are other packs for OFP and ArmA that borrow from other games extensively, putting these in a pack named after yourself is quite simply bending the truth. It takes no where near as long to create a config for 50 weapons then it takes to model, map, and texture them.

With all due respect, the second once everyone starts calling them "The CS Weaponpack imported by Skaven" I'll follow suit. I mean, sheesh, he asked for permission to import them, he got it, he made a config, and gave the original makers credit. What else do you want from him?

Take it elsewhere please gents, dont want to see this thread closed smile_o.gif

Some advancements to my smoke effects smile_o.gif

Just need to work out how to make it a standalone addon, and work out the "unable to load mipmaps" error I currently get.

There's seperate effects for tank classes & helo classes, the helo one is a custom made looping "billowing" animation that looks pretty good when the settings are good.

armaSmoke8.jpg

armaSmoke9.jpg

Just need to work out how to make it a standalone addon, and work out the "unable to load mipmaps" error I currently get.

There's seperate effects for tank classes & helo classes, the helo one is a custom made looping "billowing" animation that looks pretty good when the settings are good.

[im]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/DMarkwick/armaSmoke8.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/DMarkwick/armaSmoke9.jpg[/img]

Hmmm, i prefer the old look no offence but the smoke edges look a bit "cartoony".

[im]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/DMarkwick/armaSmoke8.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/DMarkwick/armaSmoke9.jpg[/img]

Hmmm, i prefer the old look no offence but the smoke edges look a bit "cartoony".

None taken wink_o.gif the smoke really needs to be seen in motion I guess, it sort of billows upwards. A randomness to the upward motion gives a nice effect. I reduced the number of particles and it looks slightly better.

you might want to soften up the edged of that smoke particle

in the alpha channel.

rightnow it give you the image of some splat spiraling upwards :/

a small project im working on.

still early WIP

can you guess what rifle this is?

enjoy

17016460397.jpg17016460355.jpg17016460337.jpg

17016460468.jpg17016460475.jpg17016460493.jpg

here's more.

there are even more pictures, but i think this is plenty. biggrin_o.gif

17016460491.jpg17016460422.jpg17016460482.jpg

17016460477.jpg17016460418.jpg17016460570.jpg

HK416?

And I'm pretty sure modelling the pins and internal gas parts is overkill...

Unless you plan on making some decent field strip and clean anims to go with it tounge2.gif

Is it some kind of M4 variant?

Weaponry for the Chinook now complete with the M134:

ch47_hc2_09_S.jpg

1.5k Faces

Now it's time for the boring and time-consuming UVW-Unwrapping. So I'll probably try to postpone it until I've too much free time and absolutely no idea what else to do with it.

I've recently found out that unwrapping is perfect for that short time when you've got absolutely nothing to do, but you don't feel like doing anything. It's such a mindless operation that takes time that it's just perfect to pass time. Still doesn't make it fun though.

afro, there are a couple of pics of the new UK M134 mounts for the chinooks on the defence images database - should be 'fairly' recent in the pics if you scan through them - may be useful for you

@ Dynamax Are you going to make all of the 416 variants or a 417 because so far that looks good wink_o.gif

I hope this is not too off-topic for this thread but does someone know what's up with the difference in face-counting between 3dsMax and O2? With one modell I get a difference of 8k faces!!!

Might be the difference between tris and quads... confused_o.gif

You already know the following, but for reference for others:

3DS MAX - O2

Vertices - Points

Polygons - Faces

I do think some people confuse vertices/points with polygons, using the later term to describe the former.

Tri - Polygon/Face made up of 3 Vertices/Points that are interconnected and allow a texture to be applied.

Quad - Polygon/Face made up of 4 Vertices/Points that are interconnected and allow a texture to be applied.

Game engines typically only offer the possibility of tris and sometimes quads (like ArmA), but 3DS MAX can handle alot more, which causes problems sometimes when exporting to O2/OFP.

@ Dynamax Are you going to make all of the 416 variants or a 417 because so far that looks good  wink_o.gif

thats a good possability. biggrin_o.gif

i'll also be making some new units to go with the new gear.

just waiting on the new tools since im not a huge fan of the old O2

I hope this is not too off-topic for this thread but does someone know what's up with the difference in face-counting between 3dsMax and O2? With one modell I get a difference of 8k faces!!!

Yeah, JdB is correct. When the model is imported from O2 and into max, all quads become tri's so the polycount virtually doubles.

Though the model is re-imported into O2 you have to watch out because max will take it upon itself to correct a curved quad for you.

i wouldnt mind 8k tris

ingame all models are triangulated anyway

Very nice, DMarkwick! thumbs-up.gif

How is the performance? Looks a bit like a frame-eater in my eyes.

Mfg Medicus smile_o.gif