Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

What is that shield covering the undercarriage? I imagine it's some sort of IED protection but is there a name for it and do you by chance have/know of any reference images of this item?

What is that shield covering the undercarriage? I imagine it's some sort of IED protection but is there a name for it and do you by chance have/know of any reference images of this item?

It is a mine protection plate. The plate upgrade doesn't have a name to my knowledge, it's just one of many parts of the EWMIK upgrade Ricardo Engineering made to increase the capacity and protection of the WMIK for Operation Herrick. IIRC the first EWMIKs started being delivered late 2006 or early 2007.

The upgrade included further strengthening of the chassis (the older WMIK chassis was already strengthened over the standard Wolf TUM chassis), new suspension, alloy wheels and brakes to cope with the additional weight. The mine plate was added as well as Jankel 'MAPIK' ballistic matting over the doors and rear which were installed on older generation WMIKs earlier on in the campaign, run-flat tyres (from Snatch), external jerry-can panniers, a ISTEC Universal Gun-Mount for fitting the HK GMG, BOWMAN radio, Electronic Counter-Measures. There are also other changes (mostly electronic) to bring the vehicle to 'FFR' specification for the BOWMAN fit.

Snatch 2 has also had a similar upgrade in the past year to create Snatch 3 a/k/a 'Vixen'.

http://www.ricardo.com/media/pressreleases/pressrelease.aspx?page=118

The Czechs have fitted a similar blast plate to their Land Rover Defenders in Afghanistan, but I don't think their upgrade is as extensive as what the UK has done.

Have a look around on some of the galleries here for some pictures of the EWMIK being demonstrated and used in pre-deployment training:

http://plain-military.tripod.com/

I was wondering what the covers on the Snatch were.

That is quite a lot of information and I'll keep it listed, thanks a ton for that, always nice to have more details little or no. :thumb:

The boxes on the front of the snatch, are those part of the electronic countermeasures kit?

Edited by NodUnit

Any viewport shots/renders with wire frame/texture sheets/model info?

The screenshots like nice and all, but they could of been posted in ArmA Photography. :)

@[MCF] Frantz : can you tell us if these pictures are just teasing items, as some other Mods have shown in the past or if a released is possible for ArmA ... or ArmA 2 ?

@[MCF] Frantz i love you new mod! but i got a lil qeustion is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-27J_Spartan (american/italan made c-27, used in u.s. airforce/army) the same thing as your france mod c-160 transail cargo plane? i mean like is it kinda the same model(frame) with just the c-130 engines..or not?

Edited by soldier2390

[MCF] Frantz great screens, does this mod have a Homepage?

want to check more info about it iam really intressted in that stuff 8-)

What can you do if you live in North Sahrani (an island with no females) and don't have money for Nissan Skyline GT-R :D

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3184/kozel.jpg

ZAZ-968M WIP(99.5% done), which will include this "Racing" Version, Red, Green, Blue, White

Heh all it needs now is a massive Chavee spoiler

what can you do if you live in north sahrani (an island with no females) and don't have money for nissan skyline gt-r :d

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3184/kozel.jpg

zaz-968m wip(99.5% done), which will include this "racing" version, red, green, blue, white

just needs a splitter, rear wing, diffuser, some brembos, and a roll cage and it will be all ready for fia-gt.

just needs a splitter, rear wing, diffuser, some brembos, and a roll cage and it will be all ready for fia-gt.
The new FIA GT3-class competitor in the twenty-four hours of Sahrani!

I'd love to see ICA go-karts though, they are automatics anyway so you don't need crazy gear change sounds.

@[MCF] Frantz i love you new mod! but i got a lil qeustion is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-27J_Spartan (american/italan made c-27, used in u.s. airforce/army) the same thing as your france mod c-160 transail cargo plane? i mean like is it kinda the same model(frame) with just the c-130 engines..or not?

The Transall is a totally different airplane, French-German conception, no link with the C130 even if the are quite similar. Much older than the Spartan also.

Nice skins, i especially like the tiger one... ;)

And if you ever get the firefox mig into game, try it with one of those brainwave mice, which are being sold for approx. 90€ ... :D

Blazer1, all of those interior blades on the firefox's turbojet engines are unnecessary. It would probably help the polycount a lot if you were to get rid of them.

Why don't just let it as medium polygoned model and make normalmaps out of it?

Blazer1, all of those interior blades on the firefox's turbojet engines are unnecessary. It would probably help the polycount a lot if you were to get rid of them.
ya i know but the polycount is at 12000 and it dus look nice as it is it is still wip its on hold for now as am working on the skins for the su47 @PhilippRauch Nice skins, i especially like the tiger one lol thay r two tiger skins if you look one is tiger camo from vitnam war and @plaintiff1 turbojet engines are unnecessary nooooo not been funny with any one some of the jets r sweet to look at but thay all miss some thing on tham in a way now with firefox i still have work to do on her so engines still have alot of work on tham to go but am still keeping tham on thay just go with her but thanks any way peeps

Thanks for taking the time to post viewport screen shots.

Was this model made in a outside application? like 3ds max, maya, modo or sketchup ?

The model is very messy, and could use some clean up work. i agree with what plaintiff said about the blades. the polygons wasted on that could be used to make the hull of the body smoother.