Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

@BadBenson: Looking great!

I've only really ever used 3dsmax for projecting normal maps, but I've never had this problem you're having with smoothgroups, if you render onto a low poly mesh with one smoothgroup, the vert shading values should get baked into the normal map inverted, so that they fight against the vert shading of the model ingame.

you can really see them in this normal map:

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300....MG]

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120....MG]

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120....MG]

Tests on the new TV seeking head I'm working on.

It's gonna equip the KH-59M ( antiship ) missile I'm building up, and maybe my KAB1500KR, replacing the old texture.

I just need a big help, I need to find a good material-trasparency coeff for the small glass dome covering the head, since the one I am using hides too much the interior.

I need something closer to reality, if anybody wants to help...  wink_o.gif

KH59M_01WIP.jpg

amazing GH

heres my first ever addon for OFP or arma

it is a reskined US stryker in RACS colours but i like to call it a MOWAG is it it basicly is and strykers arent exported ^^

it is very early WIP and this is just the basic BIS desert and green taken form the M113.It is just a base colour with more detail to be added in future

i changed the inside to more of a sahrani theme.It now has the Kingdom flag inside of the US eagle and a half map of paraiso instead of a unknown map on the gunner screen

There is NO tow version.To me it just seems outta cost for sahrani,but there are MK19 and M2

i plan to make more racs vehicles but for now im focused on this

biggrin_o.gif

please give any tips and tricks to make it better looking :P

(remember its early picture)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums...._co.png

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums...._co.png

hey nephilim, what about your little "männekins" ? smile_o.gif

Something may be useful to a lot of people, when ready..

WIP_Kab500L_2.jpg

KAB 500L bomb.

Almost done with main LOD.

Quote[/b] ]hey nephilim, what about your little "männekins" ? smile_o.gif

the delta-sf-chibis?

hm if someone finds the time to rig and put them into oxygen can release them.

they dont have weapons tho atm

They look beautiful as always...

Perhaps too beautiful for the planes they'll be attached too!

awesome with the racs reskinned strykers, but can't you make a small turret version like a cheaper anti tank version sort of far fetched cousing to a bradley wich is also a IFV vehicle with a turret.  smile_o.gif I remember in a game they had strykers with 2-3 different loadouts and you started with basic nad then you could upgrade it to either mortar or the anti tank one,  tounge2.gif

Wonder if they'll ever make transforming vehicles, and im not meaning put a prop on the back side and it can swim but really change load outs in the field in a couple of minutes or so  biggrin_o.gif

thinking about it any real life vehicle got retracting rocket pods, MG's and stuff like the weapons bay on a comanche? would look awesome might try to model one up when i got time biggrin_o.gif

@GodHammer

Dude, your ordnance is looking amazing. I'm anxious to see more of your outstanding work.

@GodHammer

Hey mate, can you make a catalog of your weapons/bombs?

biggrin_o.gif

You made a lot of types - great quality thumbs-up.gif

My aim is to create a database of weapons for addonmakers, so you can just choose any real loadout and equip your planes-choppers with the load you prefer. It's a lot of work, I'm slowly building up LODS and whatever is needed to make a model complete ad bugs-free. And I made a lot of models...

I need to thank a lot of people who are helping me, I'll write the list whenever I'll release a complete pack. Meanwhile you can enjoy this babies in various releases here and there.

Considering the high level of models uploaded lately, a boost to loadouts had to be done smile_o.gif

Cheers all  wink_o.gif

@ RH: a list is in my 3d called Bunker Killers, I update it often, check it out if you want smile_o.gif

GH.

awesome with the racs reskinned strykers, but can't you make a small turret version like a cheaper anti tank version sort of far fetched cousing to a bradley wich is also a IFV vehicle with a turret.  smile_o.gif I remember in a game they had strykers with 2-3 different loadouts and you started with basic nad then you could upgrade it to either mortar or the anti tank one,  tounge2.gif

Wonder if they'll ever make transforming vehicles, and im not meaning put a prop on the back side and it can swim but really change load outs in the field in a couple of minutes or so  biggrin_o.gif

thinking about it any real life vehicle got retracting rocket pods, MG's and stuff like the weapons bay on a comanche? would look awesome might try to model one up when i got time biggrin_o.gif

thx mate

i was thinking about slapping a hummve tow on it..but oxygen wont work for me no matter what i do..plus no one will say how...

also you are right with the AT turret.

the Irish army got some new upgraded ones with a 20 or 30mm (not 100% sure) ota merala cannon on it housed in a turret

if only oxygen would work.....

PS the textures are 70% done ^^

i totally remodeled the well and made a new tower. still playin around with textures and materials on those huts.

very nice!

Very inspiring too biggrin_o.gif

By the way i noticed you have windows.. will you make them transparent?

the surface texture of the buildings rather reminds of leather than clay.

get some more ref mate.

The normal map just needs a quick sharpen, that's it. also, the ground texture where the buildings are make the buildings stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe make it different where they are to distinguish them from the surrounding?

Quote[/b] ]The normal map just needs a quick sharpen, that's it

if you say so...

Just a quick video of one of my other projects. It shows a couple of my MK80 Family of Bombs models. I just wanted to show the Ballute and Petal Retarder animations. You can also see the animated nosefuse section, where you will be able to add different types of fuses/noses.

ca. 5MB .wmv file, only download link:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=488001