Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Nice piece of aircraft Eric smile_o.gif Very cold war

Just a small update on that Aussie M1A1. The orange could be more orange and I'll try it out soon but for now it was more about finishing an overall look. So for the moment it's done and further work on the AAF mod is continuing with a key member returning smile_o.gif

m1a1009bzk5.jpg

Nice piece of aircraft Eric smile_o.gif Very cold war

Just a small update on that Aussie M1A1. The orange could be more orange and I'll try it out soon but for now it was more about finishing an overall look. So for the moment it's done and further work on the AAF mod is continuing with a key member returning smile_o.gif

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2995/m1a1009bzk5.jpg[/img

Not really cold war..

Mi-28A - Original production anti-tank helicopter. Development done in 1998, first flight in 2003.

It was designed in the Cold war perion but kinda frozen as there was not really need anymore for a tankkilling helicopter at that time.

I've been working on an old mod of mine:

(watch in HD!wink_o.gif

It has a few 'new to arma' features, like articulated blades that simulate on deck idling and blade load. Blades change angles with vertical climb or decent to (primitively) simulate collective. The turrets have animated gunners that move with the gun. Its all a work in progress, but I still want to integrate some kind of fastroping into it.

DAMN!  That's amazing.  I love it.

it seems like the rotor tips are bent down a little too much when stationary.  The bend in the photo before the video looks like more of a parabolic arc.. the vertexes at the end there seem to deviate from the curve the rest of the blades are on a little.  When they are coming up, the tips shouldn't droop either, I think, since the lift the rotor produces is proportional to the square of the speed, so the tips would be producing more lift than any other point on the helicopter rotor (unless the aerofoil is much different).

Here's a uh60 starting up if you want reference. It's not the same model and it took me like 10 seconds of my precious time to find but check it out if you wish!

yep, you're right! It is actually using the old UH-60 blades that have the downturned tip. The final version will have slightly shorter, less flexed blades with a straighter tip.

EricM am going to ask you will you plz have a go at the RAH-66 COMANCHE plzzzzzzzzzz it will go nice with the Mi 28 wink_o.gif and am likeing the Mi 28 your working on notworthy.gif

loving the animated gunners. things like that make me wonder why arma doesn't have those features by default.

another thing...could be just me but there are a little too many blades visible when the rotor turns. i'd make them at least a bit more transparent. but as i said, nothing objective about that. just doesn't feel right for me.

The turrets have animated gunners that move with the gun.

Jeeezuz! That animated gunner is very impressive indeed. I'd almost feel bad if had to shoot him, he looks that life-like. Great work!

I think RKSL have implemented rotors flexing in their choppers too, be interested to see how yours turns out too.

Yeah, i was fascinated by the gunner too. Well actually the gun and its mount. Nice job with the cables on the Gun. Nice indeed.

Guest RKSL-Rock
I think RKSL have implemented rotors flexing in their choppers too, be interested to see how yours turns out too.

Yeah it just looks like the startup sequence in our Dynamic Rotor System. The Phase 2 version of system has an adverse effect on handling while under load too.

I'm looking forward to see how the improved gunner anims work out. Do they improve the AI's response times?

wow. the gunnery in the uh60 looks awesome. you should do that for every ArmA's vehicle, and I am sure it would become one of the most popular addon biggrin_o.gif

Ingame M1A1. Colours are slightly different than in O2 but acceptable. Any more orange and it will start to become too bright and or pinkish.

m1a1012xy9.jpg

Just started working on a small island, about the same size as Ramahdi, but a bit more rugged, 10 points if you can tell where it is smile_o.gif

Big thanks to Opteryx for writing the Visitor tutorial, I think I would have been lost without it.

manaisland2qs3.th.jpg

manaislandjl5.th.jpg

Just started working on a small island, about the same size as Ramahdi, but a bit more rugged, 10 points if you can tell where it is smile_o.gif

Big thanks to Opteryx for writing the Visitor tutorial, I think I would have been lost without it.

manaisland2qs3.th.jpg

manaislandjl5.th.jpg

Looks like some kind of Pacific Island. Okinawa? A little to hilly for that though. Got me

Nice animations Sakura, thats some fine work.

Opteryx, yeah its mana island, I originally wanted to do Kapiti (a bit north of mana) but i didnt realise it was so massive and just wanted to do something small to start off with, might have a crack at Kapiti Island later though.

Here's a video that some of you island makers might be able to use as a resource. It's about 25 minutes of me flying from northern Iraq to a FARP at Kirkuk and down to the green zone in Baghdad. Most of it is just me pointing the camera out of the window and filming the terrain, that's why I think it might help or inspire some of you who are working on islands.

FLYING IN IRAQ VIDEO

@Tankcommander: Camo looks really nice, maybe needs a bit more dirt/dry mud caked into the inside of the wheels though?

Added another dryer grass texture to break up the green a bit and fixed up some repetitions;

manaisland3go8.th.jpg

Great indeed. The problem with pattern being too obvious is gone now.

As allways it's 10x better to render than to hand draw textures. These beat Bi texture hands down. Good work.