Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Looking good.

A little suggestion for the grille on the front side is to make the area between the grille black so the grille itself would stand out more.

Another suggestion is to make the caps around the front lights a bit more bumpier.

Trabant_07.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.  The space between the grilles are as black as they can get.  I'll look into why it's not displaying black in the render.  I'd imagine it has something to do with the specular colour.

I'll change the cups around the lights too.  As you can see from the pic, the whole thing is slightly deformed because of the reference I was using.  I was under the impression that I was using plan drawings without perspective but it appears the drawings were derived from photos so my trabi has a larger 'face' that it should.  Oh well, that's what happens when you try to gather reference to model some exact, obscure thing that you've never seen before, and your language prevents you from finding any high fidelity plans or other useful images.

edit: it was a fill layer opacity problem.

thanks Q, if you think the tiling looks bad there, you should see it from the air crazy_o.gif

I'll definitly have to fix it up.

@plantiff1; Is that one of those plastic paneled cars that dont rust?, not too sure about the dark stains under the lights, mainly cause i havent really seen that kind of grime on that part of a car before so I could be wrong.

I think the paint could do with a bit more wear on the most exposed and convex areas.

overall though, I think it looks really nice.

yeah Mikebart, that's what I wanted to get feedback on. That's supposed to be grime and crap running down from the decaying rubber seals around the light housings. If it looks funny I'll take it out of the layer stack.

What do you mean by more wear on the convex part of the car? I wouldn't expect to see the edges polished off of a car because generally try to avoid crashing, touching, rubbing, or other abrasive activities on their cars- especially in such away that would lead to a general degradation of the parts that stick out. This isn't like an offroad car that you would find blowing through trees or anything.

Yeah sorry that was kind of vague, wear on more exposed parts of the car might be from sun damage, like sometimes the paint on the roof and bonnet starts to lift/bubble and gradually wears away. It could also be parked by the sea alot, so the salty air could have eroded the paint a bit

Actually, sand could be the most likely eroder, particually in sahrani.

It is for CWR so it will be on the temperate islands.

Actually, sand could be the most likely eroder, particually in sahrani.

It is for CWR so it will be on the temperate islands.

here is the a really extreme wear on the Trabant because snow and frost I suspect.

50_plus-251-2463-0711071110-trabantje.jpg

Godhammer that is looking nice! the reason it was deleted is because the 100kb limit maybe :P

My bad, it's a long time I do not post things here, was 92.7 K on my HD, maybe was too big for be uploaded. Fixed tounge2.gif

@plantiff: this is getting really good.

@godhammer: could use specular... And I think this is allready a fetish. wink_o.gif

NOw my stuff... I know ever since ArmA was made people were having wet dreams about these. Even thou they do not look as good in ArmA as in other apps (for some reason) I think they will do:

m4wipdr1.th.jpgm16wipfb1.th.jpg

(Original FN, Colt and other markings and trademarks included smile_o.gif )

Wow panda! you're the man. They are so realistic notworthy.gif

Hi, may be better if you mount entirely black tyres on that loathing

Trabant instead those black/white tyres, that are more expensive,

stand out much more and make the über uggly, odious and discussting

Trabant look like even more shamefull and bad to the entire automovile

industry. But the things as they're; that Trabant look very well done

and looks well to me (meaning that it's clearly a Trabant, i hate those

"cars") as loathing cars... an Austin Morris, a Renault R8 (not the

Gordini), a Mini Cooper or even a Seat 850 are also cars that make

me ill; ain't got nothing personal againist your model, the model looks

good, it's what it is. Let's C ya

I decided to dust off my old scimitar model and get it working in Arma - the ofp model was a mess so I'm basically starting over on most of it. It's also being brought up to current Operation Herrick specifications with modern Bowman comms & ECM systems.

Should be getting unwrapped in a couple of weeks.

UOR.jpg

Sample of one of the four multicam special forces soldiers I will be releasing soon. They were made in conjunction with Scubaman3d with permission from Johnny to use his awesome models. I did them as a learning project, and sadly, I learned too much and now can't stand to work on these as all I see are flaws. Sadly I do not have the free time currently to go back and fix everything so I will be releasing them soon "as is".

multisfsamplesmall.jpg

Slightly Larger Version

I have converted the OFP's ukraine mod T-55 to ArmA:

http://www.zshare.net/image/54611059c07af51c/

http://www.zshare.net/image/54611046958d1232/

http://www.zshare.net/image/54611013ae208ba1/

But for a public release, I need a permission from the ukraine mod. I tried to post a thread in the armed assault ukraine forum with the help of babelfish, but I fail to post such a thread  confused_o.gif

Please PM me, if anyone is in contact with the ukraine mod  wink_o.gif

Half done ADF M1A1. Just a personal retexture and may perhaps be used within the AAF mod.

m1a1006oc1.th.jpg

Colours are temp and main body needs a repaint. Decals also need to be done.

Colours are temp and main body needs a repaint. Decals also need to be done.

Really !?

It looks so bloody realistic! nice job

Colours look abit off mate, Here's an example on an ASLAV.

asl1.jpg

More pics & High-res here;

http://www.primeportal.net/apc/peter_battle/aslav/

Also our Abrams are going to be getting the Barracuda treatment like our Leopards had, might be something to look into.

Some info;

Quote[/b] ]

Press Clipping

2 June 2008

Saab Systems

Abramscamolge.jpg

In less than six months, Saab Barracuda has delivered prototype camouflage systems fitted to the Australian Army for the M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks and M88A2 Hercules Armoured Recovery Vehicles, giving them higher survivability on the battlefield.

The contract worth 4.2 million AUD was signed in December 2007 to design, manufacture and fit camouflage to these tracked vehicles after the Australian Army identified the need to reduce the multispectral signatures and to reduce the solar heat transfer into the vehicles while operating in Australian conditions.

These special camouflage systems are designed to significantly reduce the visual, near-infrared, thermal infrared, and radar signature of the vehicles. The second part of this requirement is achieved using Saab’s Heat Transfer Reduction technologies which are designed to make the internal environment of the vehicle more liveable in the extreme conditions of northern Australia.

The effectiveness of the multispectral camouflage systems is being verified in tests conducted by the Defence Science and Technology Organisation.

“Saab has been supplying the Australian Defence Force with its signature management capability for thirty years, and this project reaffirms their trust in Saab’s capability and experienceâ€, says Bob Fuller, Managing Director of Saab Barracuda Pty Ltd.

The design and manufacture was carried out by Saab Barracuda in Sydney with materials and support from Saab Barracuda, Sweden, and other local suppliers. This camouflage system now has export potential for the other countries using advanced classes of main battle tanks.

Imagery is available on request.

Thanks Sabre. And yeah that's what I meant about having temporary colours. It's the orange/tan colour that makes the most problems in Arma. Had this problem with with my ASLAV and other land vehicles. So in future I may need to compromise on that one particular colour as Arma handles it so badly.