Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

After some tests i can say , something must be wrong with the model confused_o.gif As i said the Game dosn't load if i put the Unit on the Map in the Editor its like a CTD.

Thats pretty weird , never had those problems in OFP  banghead.gif  help.gif

Someone who can take a look at my model?  help.gif

I think there's usually an error log written somewhere,

indicating problems in loading models. Dunno where it is or

how to access it but others here might know. In any case

you'd perhaps be better asking about this in the "ArmA

Editing" forum.

I think there's usually an error log written somewhere,

indicating problems in loading models.

Search your C:\Documents and Settings\ for an Arma.rpt file. Open it, it will have lots of stuff in it.

If you have trouble finding the correct lines just delete entire content, run and crash the game, reopen the file - there should be some lines, most of them are quite harmless (warning:blablabla), but you might read something out of them.

Ah ok i found it , the problem was , that my Shadowmodel had too much Faces. I will see how it get further whistle.gif

Hi all

a little armor project i'm working on. It's the BMP-T "Terminator" from Russian army.

bmptwip310808vj8.th.jpg

Hi-resolution

Quote[/b] ]

BMPT (Boyevaya Mashina Podderzhki Tankov, "Tank Support Fighting Vehicle") is a new Russian armored vehicle designed to support tank and infantry operations, primarily in urban areas.

This vehicle is sometimes nicknamed the "Terminator". It is being delivered to the Russian army, beginning in 2005. The history of the vehicle began during the First Chechen War. During the failed "rolling thunder" style of urban engagement Russian forces suffered excessive loss of manpower and equipment, and while not all of the losses can be blamed on technology, it became clear that a dedicated anti-personnel fighting vehicle would provide valuable assistance to any force in any circumstances in an urban environment. The temporary solution in Chechnya were self propelled AA guns. However, these vehicles are neither as armored nor as mobile as a main battle tank. Therefore it was envisioned that the new combat vehicle should be built on a tank chassis, and offer the same or better protection as an MBT. To some extent, the protection of the BMPT is superior to most MBTs, as active and passive protection is used.

When used in an urban terrain the BMPT is employed on a 2 to 1 ratio meaning 2 BMPTs protecting one MBT. In rural operations the ratio is 1 to 2 which means that one BMPT is protecting 2 MBTs. This results from the complexity of fighting in urban terrain and the need for a versatile anti-personnel machine that can engage multiple targets at once and on different height levels. The introduction of such a vehicle makes urban fighting less stressful on tanks and can relieve them of some workload in order to concentrate on their main objective of engaging tanks and hardened targets in support of infantry.

The BMPT is based on the chassis of the well-known T-72 MBT which is used in large numbers by the Russian Army and has been manufactured under license by many countries. To the rear of the driver's compartment, at the front of the vehicle, the hull has been raised providing greater internal volume. On top of the hull is mounted a new turret armed with two externally mounted 30 mm 2A42 dual-feed cannons with a cyclic rate of fire of up to 600 rds/min. A total of 900 rounds of ready use ammunition are carried. This 30 mm 2A42 cannon can fire a wide range of ammunition types including High Explosive - Tracer (HE-T), Armor-Piercing Discarding Sabot (APDS), High-Explosive Fragmentation (HE-FRAG) and Armor-Piercing - Tracer (AP-T). Mounted coaxial with the 30 mm cannon is a 7.62 mm machine gun. Mounted on the left and right side of the turret are totally four launchers of the Ataka-T Anti-Tank Guided Weapon (ATGW) and can be fitted with various types of warhead. These include a tandem HEAT warhead to defeat targets fitted with explosive reactive amour. To enable targets to be engaged under day and night conditions when the BMPT is stationary or moving, a computerized fire-control system is fitted, which uses proven elements from that fitted to the T-90S series MBT. The armament includes:

* two 30 mm 2A42 dual-feed cannons

* two AGS-17D 30mm grenade launchers

* 9M120 Ataka-V ATGM system (4 launchers)

* one 7.62mm machine gun

* additional weapons can be installed

The vehicle is protected by passive and reactive armour.

source : Wiki En

Others pictures :

pic1

pic2

pic3

hope you like it  tounge2.gif

@CRIONYK

It looks great , can't wait for the release  inlove.gif

Ok i added some smaller details to my Tank.

It has 13.000faces now.

Panzer2.jpg

Panzer1.jpg

Hi all

a little armor project i'm working on. It's the BMP-T "Terminator" from Russian army.

bmptwip310808vj8.th.jpg

Hi-resolution

Quote[/b] ]

BMPT (Boyevaya Mashina Podderzhki Tankov, "Tank Support Fighting Vehicle") is a new Russian armored vehicle designed to support tank and infantry operations, primarily in urban areas.

This vehicle is sometimes nicknamed the "Terminator". It is being delivered to the Russian army, beginning in 2005. The history of the vehicle began during the First Chechen War. During the failed "rolling thunder" style of urban engagement Russian forces suffered excessive loss of manpower and equipment, and while not all of the losses can be blamed on technology, it became clear that a dedicated anti-personnel fighting vehicle would provide valuable assistance to any force in any circumstances in an urban environment. The temporary solution in Chechnya were self propelled AA guns. However, these vehicles are neither as armored nor as mobile as a main battle tank. Therefore it was envisioned that the new combat vehicle should be built on a tank chassis, and offer the same or better protection as an MBT. To some extent, the protection of the BMPT is superior to most MBTs, as active and passive protection is used.

When used in an urban terrain the BMPT is employed on a 2 to 1 ratio meaning 2 BMPTs protecting one MBT. In rural operations the ratio is 1 to 2 which means that one BMPT is protecting 2 MBTs. This results from the complexity of fighting in urban terrain and the need for a versatile anti-personnel machine that can engage multiple targets at once and on different height levels. The introduction of such a vehicle makes urban fighting less stressful on tanks and can relieve them of some workload in order to concentrate on their main objective of engaging tanks and hardened targets in support of infantry.

The BMPT is based on the chassis of the well-known T-72 MBT which is used in large numbers by the Russian Army and has been manufactured under license by many countries. To the rear of the driver's compartment, at the front of the vehicle, the hull has been raised providing greater internal volume. On top of the hull is mounted a new turret armed with two externally mounted 30 mm 2A42 dual-feed cannons with a cyclic rate of fire of up to 600 rds/min. A total of 900 rounds of ready use ammunition are carried. This 30 mm 2A42 cannon can fire a wide range of ammunition types including High Explosive - Tracer (HE-T), Armor-Piercing Discarding Sabot (APDS), High-Explosive Fragmentation (HE-FRAG) and Armor-Piercing - Tracer (AP-T). Mounted coaxial with the 30 mm cannon is a 7.62 mm machine gun. Mounted on the left and right side of the turret are totally four launchers of the Ataka-T Anti-Tank Guided Weapon (ATGW) and can be fitted with various types of warhead. These include a tandem HEAT warhead to defeat targets fitted with explosive reactive amour. To enable targets to be engaged under day and night conditions when the BMPT is stationary or moving, a computerized fire-control system is fitted, which uses proven elements from that fitted to the T-90S series MBT. The armament includes:

* two 30 mm 2A42 dual-feed cannons

* two AGS-17D 30mm grenade launchers

* 9M120 Ataka-V ATGM system (4 launchers)

* one 7.62mm machine gun

* additional weapons can be installed

The vehicle is protected by passive and reactive armour.

source : Wiki En

Others pictures :

pic1

pic2

pic3

hope you like it  tounge2.gif

Jo, would be fun commanding that vehicle!

Hi, *Crionyk, i've been waiting for a BMP-T from when i advandoned

the OFP; may be you could take the OFP-Lavos/PSC & Marfy's BMP-T

textures and giving proper credits... use 'em pasting 'em in the same

large texture instead in the 4 textures that they used, check their

BMP-T, it was a real piece of art, i'm still in love of their work; was just

trully amazing. I hope to see yours released ASAP, looks very good too.

Let's C ya

Er they didnt do a BMP-T, they did a BTR-T Which is based on the T-55 Chassis not the T-72s...

Hi, yes, i was wrong; i guess that i've smoked too much weed...

good job for your post 666. Let's C ya

Looking real nice MehMan smile_o.gif

Will it be going toward any WWII mod other than burning sands?

if they ask for it I shall give it. I've got no beef with sharing as long as people just ask politely. ask the victorian steampunk mod guy.

@CRIONYK

Maybe in the "Arma Editing" Part of the Forum.

But not many people are reply there confused_o.gif also tried it to get infos for how to make the anims on my tank working and some sort of infos. confused_o.gif

you guys need to report your problem in the right sub forum

hidden in here no one will see it

you guys need to report your problem in the right sub forum

hidden in here no one will see it

Agree. Thats what the sub-forum is for.

It may not get an answer fast (like people spaming this thread every couple of hours), but at least the people who might actually know the answer do browse those forums.

Well I've gotten a little bored over the holiday season and started my first plane. A 'Wilga' , probably turn out a recon plane for OPFOR in ArmaII. I'm thinking some ploys are preparation for a Hi res version for baking in xnormal (though that will be a first time also). So before I go too much further any and all criticism is welcome.

wigla1.jpg

wigla2.jpg

That looks quite promising, I've always like those things or their funky looks.

Well I've gotten a little bored over the holiday season and started my first plane. A 'Wilga' , probably turn out a recon plane for OPFOR in ArmaII. I'm thinking some ploys are preparation for a Hi res version for baking in xnormal (though that will be a first time also).

If you have any problems with Xnormal PM me, I have been using it for months.

Mesh looks ok so far, I'm happy to see separate flaps and slots, it's a great feature once animated. smile_o.gif

I had this dream about an abandoned asylum so I tired to remake it, but my modeling skills are far too limited to get the same amount of detail.

asylum.jpg

the interior is pretty basic, I intend to add some random crap laying around and maybe some blood splattered mattresses.

asylumcopy.jpg

However something weird is happening, I am unable to shoot through the windows for some reason, also objects on the outside are being occluded when looking through the windows. The geo/fire/view LODs are identical and as they should be, I can't figure out why the model is acting like this. Here's the geo LOD.

geolod.jpg

It's all convex, vertices  weighed, closed, named components etc. so I can't figure out what's wrong, got any ideas?

Could it be the Geo lod is too big?