Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

The rvmat was written into the model config and currently we can't figure out how to remedy it. Monty for the moment is trying it out but it still isn't responding. Not a huge deal tho.

Thanks plaintiff for the feedback. As the model is from the Spanish army mod, I can't take it into any other program to generate an occlusion map which I would love to do. I will be however adding more dirt and grime in places to give it a more used look. And I will redo the panel thickness as the oh so handy pen tool still has it's paths stored. Otherwise there isn't a whole lot I can do as along with these technical limitations, the UV map is rather poor and difficult to handle. This gunship first and foremost is being textured to be used in support roles within AAF games. I just enjoy adding as much as I can to the model smile_o.gif

Edit: Fixed the width of the grooves. Looks better now

tiger003sg4.jpg

Aushilfe @ Dec. 01 2008,10:28)]Its still the Mk46 with 5.56mm, only with the fixed stock. Looks very good, btw. Looking forward to see nromal and spec maps on it.

Didn't he said its an Mk48 in 7,62x51mm ?

Thats what my comment was based on.  wink_o.gif

EDIT: Whoops, its an Mk46.....

Hmm maybe an MK48 as suggestion for future weapon development?

Hmm maybe an MK48 as suggestion for future weapon development?

Oh g-c, we can always count on you to add another 'suggestion' tounge2.gif

In any case, what I said was the WIP picture was an MK46 but that I also plan on doing an MK48, because of the high degree of parts commonality.

As a side note, I found a problem with my model, that I'm surprised nobody caught. The MK46 does not have a magazine acceptor on the left side of the weapon - in order to save weight.

I removed the mag acceptor in the most current version.

I still haven't gotten trough making even half of "every single weapon in existence"... I think it's gonna take a while. wink_o.gif

This is for you helping hand smile_o.gif

edit: I should add that this is diffuse only. No normal or spec maps.

[imghttp://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2338/mk46previewlowcx1.jpg[/img]

Well doesn't that look teh sex0r biggrin_o.gif

As a side note, I found a problem with my model, that I'm surprised nobody caught. The MK46 does not have a magazine acceptor on the left side of the weapon - in order to save weight.

I removed the mag acceptor in the most current version.

Heh, I was gonna post that. Also, the gas regulator on the Minimi (the valve at the front of that tube under the barrel) isn't on the Mk.46.

Nice job so far though.

@ Dec. 01 2008,20:25)]

I still haven't gotten trough making even half of "every single weapon in existence"... I think it's gonna take a while. wink_o.gif

At least if you finish the M16/M4 pack, in your awesome HK416/HK417 quality before Arma2, then i will be pleased..... rofl.gif

No seriously, have you thought at anytime about an AK74 Series in your awesome quality?

Or is this worthless since Arma2 is on the way?

I was gonna post that. Also, the gas regulator on the Minimi (the valve at the front of that tube under the barrel) isn't on the Mk.46.

Nice job so far though.

I see, thanks for the pointer.

Also, I did just want to make clear that I'm really just "up-modeling" the BIS M249 MLOD. Don't want to take all the credit for myself... smile_o.gif

Sup WIP thread

Started a small afghan map (2,5 km), this is very early WIP

pic.jpg

more:

pic

pic

pic

pic

This is what I'm talking about - small CQB areas with occasional armored vehicle support smile_o.gif Opteryx this looks outstanding in terms of gameplay, I'm sure many missions will be made for it!

If you need any betatesting, please let me know.

Very nice Opteryx. How many maps are you working on now? biggrin_o.gif

Only request I could make would be for you to build a map around the size of north Sahrani. That would be awesome to have a hilly type area with various scattered settlements with sparse forests here and there. Our clan atm is working on using 6 day continuous missions on the server and would be great to use one of your works smile_o.gif Unfortunately Sahrani seems to be the only place big enough and varied enough to use.

All the best. Great work smile_o.gif

Unfortunately Sahrani seems to be the only place big enough and varied enough to use.

Have you tried 'ACE Islands' ?

Comes with Ofp-World,all 4 islands on one map. smile_o.gif

Looking very good Opteryx

Comes with Ofp-World,all 4 islands on one map.  smile_o.gif

Ok I haven't tried those or considered them. Thanks for the heads up claw. I'll give them a try smile_o.gif

But regardless, Opteryx would make an island/map 50 times better than some OFP islands can provide.

Comes with Ofp-World,all 4 islands on one map.  smile_o.gif

Ok I haven't tried those or considered them. Thanks for the heads up claw. I'll give them a try smile_o.gif

But regardless, Opteryx would make an island/map 50 times better than some OFP islands can provide.

Perhaps a consideration should be made to;

1. The mission of the thread

2. The scope of work that the mod maker has chosen

3. What else has been done before determining such a gap exists (i.e. Gap Analysis)

...before posting such things. Personally I just don’t get how such subtle ‘requests’ can come out of left field when clearly the person doing the work has a set scope. Throwing out ideas is one thing, but the context in which they are presented is really the key to communications.

3. What else has been done before determining such a gap exists (i.e. Gap Analysis)

...before posting such things. Personally I just don’t get how such subtle ‘requests’ can come out of left field when clearly the person doing the work has a set scope. Throwing out ideas is one thing, but the context in which they are presented is really the key to communications.

plus ten kabillion.

There is no need to get on a high horse about the matter. The request was quite innocent and was more a compliment to the work Opteryx has done. No demands were made and no clear scope was determined within the one page of posts.

I don't understand how someone can take the time to write a response to such a fruitless debate. Either read the request which was more a 'thinking out load' deal and agree or disagree. I don't care.

Only request I could make would be for you to build a map around the size of north Sahrani. That would be awesome to have a hilly type area with various scattered settlements with sparse forests here and there. Our clan atm is working on using 6 day continuous missions on the server and would be great to use one of your works smile_o.gif Unfortunately Sahrani seems to be the only place big enough and varied enough to use...

Quotes from your two last posts - are you able to read what you wrote?

You pointed out the specific size of the map, the details of the terrain - all you are missing is the number of buildings and runways in your "just-a-thinkin' out loud" subtle request.

My post was pretty concise - and to what is being debated here? That you were made an example of or that you still don't understand the context of what this thread is for?

For someone who can't understand why 'time is taken' to respond to such things, perhaps start thinking about quantifying your 'oh so subtle' requests and the time effort that goes into such undertakings before posting. There's nothing wrong with your request, just a better time and place for it?

You understand, do you? I'm guessing regardless you are going to react more to my post than anything i've said thus far. THAT, is the definition of fruitless.

I agree. There is an addon request thread, or you can pollute Opteryx's threads with requests to your heart's content as he makes them. Please leave the begging out of this thread.

crazy_o.gif

Exactly.

I think its better you all took your little testosterone elsewhere, and deal with it amongst yourselves.

Tanks comments are hardly regarded as begging, the thread is discussing and displaying things you are working on, Tank merely complimented and then made a note of what he think would be better, which was then addressed suitable by another member with what's currently out there.

If it was a request like we've already made to Opteryx, it would of been sent by PM, which it has, and we were replied promptly and nicely too.

Unlike [Plantiffs,Lt_Ponchos] attempt to flame the thread with egregious comments and attempt to start a debate on something so petty. Go rally elsewhere.

Mods: Should possibly clean this up, as they are clearly attempting to start a flame war.

Regards,

Rommel