Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

@RM Snipe,  didn't know about the AI thing so thanks for telling me, will get right on to changing the camo values.

and as for the kneepads i am keeping it about half and half on who has them and who doesnt,  tounge2.gif

can i ask what do people think of the DPM pattern i am using, does it look ok, i know that the TDMG units have a much darker pattern so i wondered what people thought

cheers

Quote[/b] ]BadBenson the issue was exactly with the AI path, they become and act strange when they bump with these mentioned walls.

I'm glad that you are trying to add path to these walls. Just hope AIs behave with more realist using them.

thx for pointing that out Bravo6. i'll test more to see if there are any problems.

and even if it looks a lil bit like that i'm not gonna build a big labyrinth of mud walls. there are always holes to pass them so there will be no unnecessary ways to go (hopefully...atleast for human players wink_o.gif ). if i set them up right in O2 they shouldn't be any different than BIS fences.

and about adding paths to walls: i'm not sure if this makes any sense at all. but then again i'm gonna make some special tests to find the best solution.

PS.: if any texture artist or someone experienced with the Arma texturesystem reads this and has some free time...i appreciate any kind of help in terms of texturing.

MSN: felipeH@freenet.de

yeah, BIS's walls do not have paths in them at all, though they use roadways on the top flat superficial areas..

I think, when paths (correctly configured) are added to these walls, AIs will be able to surround the wall very close to it (depending the path you use), Giving the possibility to give specific points (you need to add) for them to go, like in houses.

I'm not sure if these roadways also gives another meaning to the AI's.

Its just a matter of testing. Its not hard though smile_o.gif

About the textures, why not use some in the net?

would save some time

example1

example2

example3

example4

Good luck m8

The texture is being made while correcting some models.

It is a rendering result while being still writing the texture.

makingtextures.jpg

Click to large:Su-33WIP

Will you know the method of someone changing the smoke of the missile?

The smoke of other all missiles and rocket changes in this method though the thing of being changed by overwriting Class:MissileEffects was understood.

You can try using MandoMissles, it's a completely seperate addon with a huge variety of options, you can even create a brand new targeting system.

thats a cool idea telejunky... haha see what i did there "COOL" and "ANTARTICA" smile_o.gif

Some WIP shots of the TOZ-194 shotgun I've been working on sporadically. Still to do the rear sights and shell holder.

WIP Screenshot 1

WIP Screenshot 2

WIP Screenshot 3

WIP Screenshot 4

WIP Screenshot 5

First model since I stopped messing around in O2 for OFP so it's far from being the quality required for ArmA. Pistol grip needs a fair whack of work imho and any pointers would be great, as would directions to UV mapping tutorials smile_o.gif

Depending on how far I get with this I may do the folding stock version.

hemp04xp0.th.jpg hemp03uh5.th.jpg

Hey all, i've made this plant for the Sahrani Life mod, I havent actually got it working in arma yet, those shots are in doom3, I've basically studied the banana plant model in O2 to get all the lods and things correct, i've searched pretty hard for information on the forum about getting a model ingame, could someone please point me in the right direction, like a tutorial that you think would apply to what i need to do?

Thanks. smile_o.gif

Lol obviously not the best anims/sounds! smile_o.gif

But excellent concept all the same! smile_o.gif

Nice job there! smile_o.gif

Good work Mondkalb!

I can already smell the RamboIII mod in the distance........

or maybee Johnny and the Colonel frop in to help the RACS....

How you know its Rambo III? The shape of the Knife?

Well... anyway: This is actually for a Rambo III Campaign realised by Big X. Maybe I can translate the campaign into english after it's release.

[yyy]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3231/hemp04xp0.th.jpg[/img] [zzz]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8291/hemp03uh5.th.jpg[/img]

Hey all, i've made this plant for the Sahrani Life mod, I havent actually got it working in arma yet, those shots are in doom3, I've basically studied the banana plant model in O2 to get all the lods and things correct, i've searched pretty hard for information on the forum about getting a model ingame, could someone please point me in the right direction, like a tutorial that you think would apply to what i need to do?

Thanks. smile_o.gif

Mike, you already sent it to us (Deadfast), didn't you?

He will arrange the rest if i remember it correctly.

Mike, you already sent it to us (Deadfast), didn't you?

He will arrange the rest if i remember it correctly.

yeah, I did. That was more for your convenience, I still want to figure out how to get it working in game myself

hey guys...some impressions of my afghanistan map. the mud objects are obviously under construction so excuse the quick sloppy UV-job. that's because i have to rework the meshes first...

pics

nice work benson! i really like that. can't wait for a release smile_o.gif would make for some great firefights.

Looks Killer BB - thanks for the update! notworthy.gif

Thanks also to NZDF Crash - ANZAC Frigate looks great!

Looks good BadBenson. thumbs-up.gif

This is what I am working on atm.

RACS_SF2.jpg

They are RACS woodland special forces. I used Aushilfe's basic soldier textures and edited them. The only thing left is binarizing(I don't have a clue on how to do that) and beta testing, but the release is close.

Looking terrific there, BB. Outstanding ground texture you've made too. It's that kind of attention to detail which brings a map to life.

Looking terrific there, BB.   Outstanding ground texture you've made too.  It's that kind of attention to detail which brings a map to life.

100% Agree!

That detail makes it lookso similar to Real-Life and to a footage of British Army fights in Afghanistan i saw yesterday... looks very very great!