Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Yes, nice work Footmunch ..... that would have to be one of the more "universal" aircraft for a combat game ever .... nice call.

I had a look into my older ofp F-5E but it looks horrible in arma. :/

Nice to see that you are working on it. F-5E and F-5C version should be good for the 1960s and early 1970s.

The F-5 would be a perfect candidate for the RACS, if the island were a bit bigger.

k guys...since i now work with real data i had to start from scratch. that's why the progress on my Afghanistan map was going slow.

those are some pics of the current stage. it's all still WIP but constructive critizism is always appreciated.

right now i'm still working on the general concept on how the farmland will look like. that means that i'm gonna practise on the shown area until i'm happy with the result and then afterwards will fill up the rest of the map in that way. so i in the end i hope it'll be still detailed despite the amount of space to be filled.

pics

Its coming along Benson, but for the sake of screenshots are you maxing out your graphics? It seems somewhat low-detail?

Nice screens benson but i m not sure peasants have roundballers in afghanistan

Quote[/b] ]It seems somewhat low-detail

it is. as i said before my pc is not THAT good.  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but i m not sure peasants have roundballers in afghanistan

if i knew what roundballers are i'd maybe get what u mean. whistle.gif

haha...there aren't any roundballers. it's just one kind of hut i saw on reference pics. the buildings are all very basic for now. just the walls. i'm gonna add details so it doesn't look like bunches if straw anymore wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i know that in Iraq they have, so they should have them too

i don't get the logic. but anyways...all i saw on fotos were heaps of straw and cut wheat

I think poppy fields would be a good addon for farmland, certainly realistic.

i already showed some poppyplants i made for this map. so it'll include poppyfields...of course...we're talking about afghanistan wink_o.gif

i like it. keep it up, my pc isnt very good anymore either biggrin_o.gif

I do take it they harvest their wheat in Afghanistan too?

Great pictures Benson, reminds me a lot of that series with Ross Kemp.

Quote[/b] ]reminds me a lot of that series with Ross Kemp.

yeah that's exactly were the idea for an afghanistan map with both farmland and stoney desert came from smile_o.gif

there're also videos of dutch troops fighting in the oruzgan/uruzgan province which is where the data i use is from.

BadBenson: please don't forget to put in narrow valleys with roads. These roads should connect two towns or maybe a FOB and a village.

Love this muddy walls, there should be bunch of them. Usually UK troops had to blow the up to be passable by their LRP vehicles.

A couple of factories on the map should be cool too, surrounded with trees around little ponds.

Otherwise, outstanding job, can't wait to put my team to the test on this map wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]don't forget Ais don't like much these muddy walls.

don't know what u mean...with FFN or other AI enhancements they actually USE them. and without they might ignore them but u can't say "don't like" cuz this would mean they're effected in a negative way by them.

so what's your point?

Quote[/b] ]please don't forget to put in narrow valleys with roads. These roads should connect two towns or maybe a FOB and a village.

Love this muddy walls, there should be bunch of them. Usually UK troops had to blow the up to be passable by their LRP vehicles.

A couple of factories on the map should be cool too, surrounded with trees around little ponds.

since i'm using real data there already are some valley paths (for ambushes pistols.gif ) i'll stick to.

about the factories: well i'll stick to what i see in the reference i use. and i can tell u that there isn't something like a factory out there in that farmland. it's like agriculture from 100 years ago. but i plan to add a lil city. gonna have to cheat a bit since there is none on my satellite footage.

we'll see. lemme first get the basics done...

my point is exactly the same what happens in Avgani 1.2. The issue was mentioned before, you should be aware

just make your point pls. what exactly happens there. i don't wanna discuss i just wanna know wink_o.gif .

if u mean missing AI paths then well i'm gonna include that as good as i can (never done it before). other then that i can just say that i had incredible experiences using FFN.

once there was enemy contact through a hole in the mudwall. as the enemy began to shoot everybody was suddenly moving sidewards to the wall away from the hole. so the AI (atleast when using FFN) seems to notice and use the walls.

so pls explain what u mean.

WIP pictures of a small update to my british units, dont know when i will be able to finish them as i am very busy at the moment.

Have added:

radio wires to headset,

glasses,

a plce type thing,

redone the knee pads,

changed the trousers so they are not tucked in,

added a black band round the helmet (known as a paraband i think)

Redone units who have rolled up sleeves.

think that is everything...

main.jpgLarger

brittroop_s.jpgLarger

Might add a few more things but it depends how much time i will have.

1 problem we have found since moving from TDMG's units to yours was that the AI couldnt see us anymore.

Redefining the units camo value has basically disabled True Range Mod that we use, where we would receive fire from 500-1000m+ with TDMG units there is none with Britcom units.

After editing the configs to define camo from standard bis men like the TDMG units all is sweet again.

//camouflage = 0.7;

btw. new units looking smicko.  notworthy.gif

*edit; damn I forgot to mention I dont like kneepads,leave the plastic armour to Batman & crusty demon wannabe's. rofl.gif

BadBenson the issue was exactly with the AI path, they become and act strange when they bump with these mentioned walls.

I'm glad that you are trying to add path to these walls. Just hope AIs behave with more realist using them.