Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Bowen Is looks like a good size for missions - not too big and not too small!

Quote[/b] ]Bowen Island, British Columbia, is an island municipality in Howe Sound, and within Metro Vancouver. Approximately 6 kilometres wide by 12 km long, the island sits about 6 km west of the mainland, with regular ferry service from West Vancouver. There were 3,551 permanent residents as of the 2007 BC Stats Estimate, a number that is supplemented in the summer by roughly 1,500 visitors, as Bowen Island is a popular vacation home location for British Columbians. About 500 workers and over 200 students commute to offices and schools on the mainland each day. The island has a land area of 49.94 km² (19.28 sq mi).

Thanks to Wikipedia - good luck with the project mate smile_o.gif

Delete the pics from your post mate. You're not meant to quote images.

These are the latest pics from rygugu's blog (dated October 15th):

He updates fairly regularly:

Thanks, Sorry about that.

smile_o.gif

Bowen Is looks like a good size for missions - not too big and not too small!
Quote[/b] ]Bowen Island, British Columbia, is an island municipality in Howe Sound, and within Metro Vancouver. Approximately 6 kilometres wide by 12 km long, the island sits about 6 km west of the mainland, with regular ferry service from West Vancouver. There were 3,551 permanent residents as of the 2007 BC Stats Estimate, a number that is supplemented in the summer by roughly 1,500 visitors, as Bowen Island is a popular vacation home location for British Columbians. About 500 workers and over 200 students commute to offices and schools on the mainland each day. The island has a land area of 49.94 km² (19.28 sq mi).

Thanks to Wikipedia - good luck with the project mate smile_o.gif

Actually that number has doubled in the last 2 years. I have been on the island and surrounding islands by boat personally so I am really enjoying building this island.

I grabbed a topographic map from my local library and pieced together each 20meter layer into photoshop so the terrain is absolutely beautiful and exact. When I imported the sat texture over it, it matched prefectly(slight minor adjustments will be needed to the coast lines of course).

Oh and I carved out a river to the lake in the middle to make the map more interesting as I wanted to add a few bridges and a nice riverside drive. Will post some pictures in a few weeks when I finish the terrain. Very exciting. yay.gif

nice, will they be enterable/destroyable? could lead to some interesting missions.

Damn! This looks really interesting.. but the more interesting question would be..

will these silos be able to "light up some cigars"?

if not, we can allways use Gig's SCUD, and script the missile  tounge2.gif

i am still trying to figure out how to properly script that thing... like, set it on a timer to start launch sequence then launch and hit a target after ten minutes if not destroyed... hint hint wink_o.gif but having problems... of course

ohh are the silo doors openable with a button or some initline command? Would be cool setup for missions  smile_o.gif

Man im thinking about the intro for red alert 2 when i see them missile silos!  smile_o.gif  all needed is a huge missile and some inside areas for soldiers to sneak inside and be able to pu a satchel charge inside the building or something.  smile_o.gif

This is a object that has to make it to Arma 2 maybe   inlove.gif

some links for reference missile launching

inside missile silo

blueprint missile silo 1minuteman missile silo guide

Titan missile complex

just providing some extra references, I dunno if you can make it a big ass underground area due to the engine and all but anyways some pics for inspiration  wink_o.gif

Giving my MGL some time off (so it can collect dust  tounge2.gif )...

Anyway, on request i decided to make something to coop with the fast growing wheat fields that came out lately. Sadly i couldn't find any decent 'old style' harvesters so we decided to go for a semi modern and slightly modified version.

HESSTON4910.jpg

Older image though if not mistaken, as it was missing smdi and nohq textures. But those are made already (might need some extra tweaking).

No wirescreens, think the polycount and texture count are fair.

very nice ´sqaude!

screw guns! arma needs props!

bring the poo and beercans! biggrin_o.gif

T-55prg31.jpg

Hi Guys smile_o.gif

T-55 WIP

The completion of this work is a quite long long way.  wink_o.gif

T-55prg31.jpg

Hi Guys smile_o.gif

T-55 WIP

The completion of this work is a quite long long way.  wink_o.gif

Finish this! And put it on the BLUFOR or independent side so I can use it with Villas against the Germans please.  whistle.gif

Good god rygugu..... You are impressive sir. I know you say it is a long way off, but Jeez it looks friggin awesome now! What else do you have planned for this beauty?

Lamar notworthy.gif

Is anyone working on grass?

Ie, anyone making their own grass texture and model?

If so, care to post pics of them ingame?

much appreciated smile_o.gif

edit: this is my wip grass:

Test_01_grass01_s.jpg

1600x1200

Is anyone working on grass?

Ie, anyone making their own grass texture and model?

If so, care to post pics of them ingame?

much appreciated smile_o.gif

I've been thinking of making some desert grass because I could use it for a few maps. I'll let you know in case.

Anyway, here's something I'm surprised we haven't seen in ArmA yet... Nevada. I wanted to make a big barren terrain, so I took a 40x40 km chunk out of the Nevada desert, took me almost 2 days to get in-game, lots of data to handle.....

Satellite map, not very much edited:

Nevadaterrain.jpg

More pics..

7-3.jpg

6-4.jpg

5-4.jpg

4-4.jpg

3-9.jpg

2-10.jpg

1-12.jpg

I tell you, it's not that amusing to make flight-sim terrain for ArmA.. confused_o.gif