Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

i start back again with the russia jet pilot

hope everything go well , if not i will ask for help  

rus_pilot.jpg

Maybe but definitely not in the first release. I did have a look at in the bulldozer without the optics but it left a gap which needed filling, and I don't know how to model but maybe later.

EDIT :

Dead3yez had been working on the config like crazy and we just a few problems and the main one being that the rotars don't spin, any help is appericated.

PM Sent do dead3yez including a dl-link to a working version (I hope). Better I post the Link again smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]you find a running BI-sample AH1Z addon unbinarized at this link.

I was able to binarize the AH1Z using the BI-Sample's air model.cfg, but when I wanted to load an unbinarized model, I received some errors. So I checked the model.cfg and added the missing stuff. I hope that did anything correct, but I would suggest that you binarize the model using the BI's air model.cfg, just to aviod errors.

Have Fun,

mike

Sorry for the delay, but I wasnot aware about this post here huh.gif

@eddyD: Wow. Nice ... thumbs-up.gif

Maybe but definitely not in the first release. I did have a look at in the bulldozer without the optics but it left a gap which needed filling, and I don't know how to model but maybe later.

EDIT :

Dead3yez had been working on the config like crazy and we just a few problems and the main one being that the rotars don't spin, any help is appericated.

PM Sent do dead3yez including a dl-link to a working version (I hope). Better I post the Link again  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]you find a running BI-sample AH1Z addon unbinarized at this link.

I was able to binarize the AH1Z using the BI-Sample's air model.cfg, but when I wanted to load an unbinarized model, I received some errors. So I checked the model.cfg and added the missing stuff. I hope that did anything correct, but I would suggest that you binarize the model using the BI's air model.cfg, just to aviod errors.

Have Fun,

mike

Sorry for the delay, but I wasnot aware about this post here  huh.gif

@eddyD: Wow. Nice ...  thumbs-up.gif

inlove.gif

I appreciate this I will credit you for this. Rotars working biggrin_o.gif

rikabi I have the same problem with my rotors.... how did you fix it?

rikabi I have the same problem with my rotors.... how did you fix it?

Well I guess the model modEmMaik sent me helped but also dead3yez (Config guy) told me to give you this , see if it helps otherwise I don't know much about how this all works.

Heres 'my' model.cfg :

http://www.mediafire.com/?bmztx2n3yam

inlove.gif

I appreciate this I will credit you for this. Rotars working biggrin_o.gif

Good to hear thumbs-up.gif

No need for credits. I know that the configs are a tough task to complete when you start. crazy_o.gif

btw.: The included model.cfg should match any air BI-sample (AV8B, MH6, Camel etc.). Not included the ones form air3 folder.

Have fun,

mike

Hi! I'm working on NZLAV(LAVIII) for my clan, which is a part of the NZDF Mod, the model is almost done, just need to modify the default Sryker. I'm having trouble in O2, I got ST, Non-linear/planar mapping errors banghead.gif , however I don't see anything wrong in game. Can someone (DaSquade, xnodunitx, namreg, Panda[PL], nephilim, plaintiff and many other experienced modlers) please give me a paint-over correction? Thanks! Here are some shots:

27285756ly5.jpg

test7ni9al7.jpg

test2sb9xr3.jpg

test5ff6lz0.jpg

Edit: I've read DaSquade's tut about st, non-linear mapping in O2 Modeling section but I can't figure it out how to correct the model in 3ds max, I'm a newbie only touched 3ds max for 3 weeks nener.gif

Oh if my work breaks any rules that are permission stuff related, please let me know, I'll make a new Styker.

@Young Eagle

it looks perfectly ok

check the mesh for doublefaces/edges or 2-point-polygons.

oxygen sometimes screws up upon importing meshes.

another idea might be to triangulate complex surfaces (eg that hook-thingy in the middle front of the turret), or surfaces that share more than 4 vertices in general, as oxygen triangulates it upon import, but usually not in the most suiting way.

no real critichs from me, cept for maybe that the long part of the barrel could eventually have less segment, but if the polybudget allows it its fine.

are those plates that are connected with the grid double sided polys or are they "massive" eg made from a cube?

if theyre made from a cube, make them a simple plane object and add a normap map later on to fake the thickness.

saves some polys you can invest elsewhere.

ST errors are UV map errors. Easy to fix in max once you know what you're looking for. Apply a checker pattern and just look for stretching, or just fix the faces that O2 marks as having ST errors.

little upadate of my units, someone's can help me witch shadows on sholderguards?

Check the shadow LODs for this feature,

take care that all surfaces are triangulated

take care to use closed objects only (no single faces)

remove all textures from shadow LOD's.

Have I forgotten smth?

Simply check other units using simmilar features and analyze, how they implemented it. wink_o.gif

Thanks, but it's another problem, it's bug in model,

Progress

tpwbmpkl5.jpg

27285756ly5.jpg

Like Jenny said, at first look it looks very decent. Congrats since it's apperently is one of your first models in max. Keep it up.

As for suggestions, see overlay.

1. Smoke pods: Personally, as long you are looking for reducing the total amount of polys, i would leave out the extra cilinder on the pods (marked in red). Maybe instead of the two 10 segment cilinder, you could make it out of 1 16 segment cilinder. If not mistaken:

2x10 segement cilinder: 40 points - 28 faces - 56 tris (with removed invisible faces)

1x16 segement cilinder: 32 points - 23 faces - 46 tris.

Additionally and a bit hard to see, if i'm correct the current pods are made out of a 10 segment cilinder. I always try to work with 8 or 16 segement cilinders, as it is much handier for the later procces when you will need to make reduced poly lods. When working with 8 or 16 segment cilinders, it is very easy to remove paired edges. That way you will be able to make out 32-16-8-4 variants without problems of reshaping. That principle i use for all my 'round' stuff unless there is need to go rounder due to the scale...

2. Antenna: hard to tell of angle, but looks the 2 horizontal edges could be dropped. Like above, might want to keep an '16-8-4' segment setup in mind.

3. The cap on the 'radar' (not sure if radar or view turret). Not sure if that extra cap detail is needed. but since model is pretty good, the only thing that noticed me....Would leave it as it is smile_o.gif .

Imho, it would be best to collapse your faces and manually construct your sub edges for all faces that have more then 4 points.

Examples: End caps of cilinders, the turret, commanders view turret etc....

Afaik, it needs to be done anyway as O2 doesn't automaticly does that and will give you import errors.

On the other hand, the exported model tends to have wrongly created edges by default as i have experienced. The default edge creations often creates more errors then when you do it your self. Especially on end caps of cilinders i have seen very insane and overdone edge creations.

I suck at explaining, but if you don't understand let me know and i provide more info.

Quote[/b] ]I'm having trouble in O2, I got ST, Non-linear/planar mapping errors

Nothing to care about at moment. The ST errors are normal as the new created model is not mapped yet and therefor will show your ST errors.

The Non-linear and planar errors are also not directly a mayor problem but might be good to fix them already.

The easiest way is to select the named selection (so the 'bad' faces are selected). The simply press / or use the triaglate tool in the sub menu in O2. Easiest way, but sometimes it is best to studie your faces and check if it isn't best to first reverse the face, then triagle it and reverse again. This needs to be done as sometimes it will create bad lightning on the face. Also often mirrorred stuff will have oposite edge creations...something i prefure to make identical.

Keep in mind it is best to make sure this methode is best done on all res lods and best to make sure it is identical, again as sometimes lightning bugs will be noticable.

All i can think of atm. Good luck, hope it helped a bit smile_o.gif , in the end i'm no expert.

Oh, forgot to say, sort out the lightning on the radar-back dome thingy (see last comment of the extra cap near the antenna). The top of the radar needs sharp edges. Maybe the sides aswell depending on the actual model.

I'm trying to make an Iraqi police station, anybody got some good references (pics) of what type of crap I should stuff in it?

pic

Crap would be exact thing to place there biggrin_o.gif

Hook up frogstar if hes still around here.

Crap would be exact thing to place there biggrin_o.gif

Hook up frogstar if hes still around here.

Oh yeah, he's busy with stuff..

OK thanks!

nou.jpg

how to make and add nohq files?

How is babby formed?

But seriously, if someone is sitting on some good reff pics I'd really appreciate it.

@Opteryx:

can u make the bed usable. so u can get in and lying in bed ??

that would be cool biggrin_o.gif so u can talk in directvoice and have a real feeling be in a jail biggrin_o.gif

greetz

like sit in cargo like when you sit next or behind the driver in the hmw but you lie in bed ? tounge2.gif