Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Very nice:)

give some of their helmets a paintjob, snake-skin like.

for the sake of variability.

BTW w0lle, suck it.

2 week pr + wl 1 for flaming a mod.

They will be integrated into the ACE v1.0 package after discussing it with Jonny, but also a solo release is planned so you won't have to wait on us.  yay.gif

Hello!!!

Here you have a new picture of my WIP thing.... I know it's still at a very early stage in the UVmapping proccess but I was so happy that I wanted to share it with all of you guys biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

There are some places where the texture stretches out a little bit, I will fix it....

062.jpg

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, maybe I should go to the o2 modelling forum but.... when I import the model in o2, the normals are all reversed.... why is that??? The worst thing is that the texture is messed up even if I reverse the normals in o2....

I'm making the UV mapping in maya, could this be a problem when I export it to o2? huh.gif

Thanks for all again

.Jonny

+2 WL and 2 weeks PR for hotlinking an 8 MB picture, knowing that it's against the rules.

The fucking deserve to have privileges!

EDIT: And nice bird namreg

Jonny's SF units look pretty unbelievable.

The pattern on the BDU/DCU shirt under the armour looks to be scaled a little large but everywhere else it looks great (ACU versions look fine all over).

notworthy.gif

namreg, the Defender's looking pretty awesome too. Good to have a RACS AT-chopper in progress.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the normals problem. The reversal of normals happens to me with my Challenger as well, but I'm going to be unwrapping that in O2, so I probably wont experience the same texture problems. Are you exporting to O2 as .3ds or .obj?

Hi, those SF units look just great; i hope that you make the USMC

FR units some day, we still need 'em... those damn SF's and even

your Marines look much better, detailed, realistic and equiped than

the BIS ArmA2 Marines or SF/FR units. You deserve an oscar and

an absolut bottle Johnny; "from the country of sweirden". Let's C ya

Johnny

I love you. You've got the Norotos Shroud, MICH 2000, and Wasatch, Safariland 6004.

I expect to see these in an Nomex flight suit so I can have some real Force Recon guys!

The SF units look great!! Would it be possible to see some modeled without the helmets like with some baseball caps turned backwards and maybe some boonie hats? Outstanding work!

Hello!!!

Here you have a new picture of my WIP thing.... I know it's still at a very early stage in the UVmapping proccess but I was so happy that I wanted to share it with all of you guys  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

There are some places where the texture stretches out a little bit, I will fix it....

[im]http://www.oriolajuan.com/arma/062.jpg[/img]

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, maybe I should go to the o2 modelling forum but.... when I import the model in o2, the normals are all reversed.... why is that???  The worst thing is that the texture is messed up even if I reverse the normals in o2....

I'm making the UV mapping in maya, could this be a problem when I export it to o2? huh.gif

Thanks for all again

I think the problem might lie in the construction history of the things. Select all of your objects and press alt+shift+d, or go into the edit menu==>delete all by type==>history.

Nice stuff, Jonny.

Don't forget the lower cargo pocket on the ACU trousers - like I mentioned. Keep working hard now, y'hear?

And an update to the Marines would be sweet too, maestro. Damn, I've got hardcore talent envy. :P

Quote[/b] ]da12thMonkey Posted on May 17 2008,21:33

namreg, the Defender's looking pretty awesome too. Good to have a RACS AT-chopper in progress.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the normals problem. The reversal of normals happens to me with my Challenger as well, but I'm going to be unwrapping that in O2, so I probably wont experience the same texture problems. Are you exporting to O2 as .3ds or .obj?

Hi da12thMonkey, I exported it to obj format. Wich format is better for exporting anyways?

I found out that when I import the chopper into O2 it reverses not only the normals, but the direction of the chopper in 3D space also. The X and Y axes are correct but not the Z axis, actually it's looking backwards when I imported it so I changed the import properties of the obj format and selected the Invert Z option and then it was ok.

obj_import.jpg

... normals perfect but the UVmap looked a little weird in some places...

066.jpg

... and whe I tried to change the UVmap points it behaved in a weird way, anyway I will finish first the UVmapping in maya and after that I will try to solve the O2 problem...

Quote[/b] ]plaintiff1 Posted on May 18 2008,03:29

I think the problem might lie in the construction history of the things. Select all of your objects and press alt+shift+d, or go into the edit menu==>delete all by type==>history.

Hi plaintiff1, nice to read you again.

I deleted all the objects history and freezed all transformations but still isn't working. Should I place all of the objects center pivots in the (o,o,o) coordinates to solve this?? Will it help?

Benoist THX buddy biggrin_o.gif

.Jonny Those guys look impressive. I have a couple of projects in mind but when I finish them I would like to do a special forces unit too and your work encourages me a lot man.... notworthy.gif

Well, I hope you resolve your problem before then, but when I get back home on tuesday I can try to reproduce your problem. I'm no O2 expert tho!

I'd try whatever formats you can get Maya export plugins for, that O2 will import and see what gets you the best results. I have tried exporting as .3ds from programs other than 3DS Max without success, so I'm not 100% on how well Maya will handle .3ds exports, (assuming a plugin is available) having never used it myself.

I personally always export as .3ds now, since .obj has on some occasions completely buggered up my smoothing groups from Max.

Apart from all the faces being reversed and occasionally creating a few additional faces, I've had no real trouble with .3ds.

Glad you've made at least some progress in sorting out your problem though.

@namreg very nice to see that variant of the littlebird keep up the good work!

Hardcore work pistols.gif .jonny!!!

Nice SF notworthy.gif !!!

Damn... too good...

Im glad to see you again Jonny ; )

2 Jonny

Any chance for recon marines?

PS: THE BEST SF addon in ArmA!! pistols.gif

Outstanding work Johnny. Definitely the best SF models I have seen so far, and I love the eyewear, although I would have gone with the Oakley M-Frames.

One little thing I noticed... Any reason why the cross-draw CQC-style holster looks upside-down? And most of the rigs that I've seen that have actually gotten used are covered in a variety of camo paint, dirt, 100mph tape, 550 chord, and other "stuff" that you just have no idea how it got there.

I agree with the guys about some boonies and ballcaps. Maybe a LRP/LRS load-out for SR missions? These urban models look awesome, but they just don't appear to have enough gear on for long range missions. "Old school" ALICE gear would be nice too, like an advanced LBV or "ranger rig" Y-harness LBE setup. I know some people may tell me to "get with the times", but there's plenty of operators that still use what works. I' would LOVE to see a set of woodland BDUs, a boonie, an advanced LBV with some SAW pouches, 2 canteens and a butt-pack, and a Large ALICE Ruck. Let me know if you need any pictures smile_o.gif.

Again, awesome models. Here's a link to a SERPA/CQC platform in cross-draw configuration: http://www.blackhawk.com/images/catalog/40CL01_0BIG.JPG

[EDIT] I just noticed this, nice touch on the Mechanix gloves!

Cheers.

Still 'basic' but an improvement over my Tomb addon (simple boxes whistle.gif )

kata.jpg

treppe.jpg

zelt.jpg

turm.jpg

brenneketzer.jpg