Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Nice Model !

But isn´t the yellow of the Bulletshead shouting "shot me ! shot me !" ?

Liitle bit more orange like in the real life picture would be fine...

yay.gif Yeah finally!

Very good indeed. I also have to mention that the nades

might be a bit too light. But thats it, its perfect.

Could you also make like a version in which the weapon sits ontop of something sturdy.

Like sandbags, but so that the weapon sits a bit higher, not on the ground I mean.

So you could use it in the fortress1 bunker position?

And also are there any posibilities for more then 1 type of ammo? I mean is that even possible with static weapons?

Cool addon! REALLY usefull!

Ah, someone creating stuff that people can use!  Props are something that rarely get made, I think.

When you're texturing, make sure the scale of the texture suits the subject matter.  The tiles on the roof of your hut must be 10 feet long!  

Also, the anvil you have there looks like it's very chalky.  Is it rusty?  Sometimes in art, since you're representing something rather than constructing something, it's necessary to go with a design that's more appealing to the stereotype that most people have for some object... Anvils that are at least partially black, for instance.

All in all, good job!  The objects look reasonably well shaped.  I like the shape of the anvil.  For your next project, pay some more attention to scale from the start and find lots and lots of picture reference of what it is you're going to model, even if it's something as simple as a hut.  Everyone needs reference to augment their imagination.  I like this scene.  It's ambitious and interesting.

Props not made that often for ArmA, because props are mainly only good for FPS games, with small maps. And in arma props are mainly just for cutscenes.

Props not made that often for ArmA, because props are mainly only good for FPS games, with small maps. And in arma props are mainly just for cutscenes.

I disagree 110%. If they are used smartly, they can provide quite a lot of context to an ArmA mission. For example, if you're trying to find a fugitive's camp in the woods, using props there like a non-standard tent, some tools and garbage laying around, some fire wood, maybe even a clothes line and a hammock, can go a long way to make the camp feel 'lived in' and the mission feel non-generic. And then maybe you have to search through his stuff... having more than just military ammo boxes would be nice.

I disagree 110%.  If they are used smartly, they can provide quite a lot of context to an ArmA mission.  For example, if you're trying to find a fugitive's camp in the woods, using props there like a non-standard tent, some tools and garbage laying around, some fire wood, maybe even a clothes line and a hammock, can go a long way to make the camp feel 'lived in' and the mission feel non-generic.  And then maybe you have to search through his stuff... having more than just military ammo boxes would be nice.

Second. I often find the cities and villages in ArmA too clean and empty. It's just too sterile for a city, it looks just like it is, a bunch of buildings ploped in the editor. In a game that tries to simulate reality, that isn't good.

I reckon tone down the 'nades a bit, they're a bit too fluoro for my liking. Otherwise, nice. smile_o.gif

The flourescent grenades do make it look rather like a GBFO

paintball cannon.

I do wonder how generally useful a medieval-style smithy and

forge would be. Seems a bit of a strange choice on the face

of it. I presume you have some some special purpose in mind

for it, though.

Knights and swords n stuff?  inlove.gif

Or you can create Rambo cutscene, where he is in jungle and working as blacksmith  tounge2.gif And gets called for another dangerous mission... pistols.gif

Is there any ballistic addons for 1.12 available ?

I'm not sure what you mean. NWD's ballistics addon works. If you mean BAS2, I don't know what they are up to. At any rate, this isn't the thread to ask such things. Try the addon request thread or using the search function.

My HDT island is 70% finished.

I'm making new objects now, a guardtower, a watertower, some fences, and some new barracks wink_o.gif alla animated of course

My HDT island is 70% finished.

I'm making new objects now, a guardtower, a watertower, some fences, and some new barracks wink_o.gif alla animated of course

looks like a very promising island  biggrin_o.gif  

Just testing new version

promos.jpg

More screens and info soon (I hope)

Now this makes me want to book a holiday!

That is looking very nice! thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Adam: that is much very nice looking

johannes: thjat is fucking hughe

johannes: becazuse i did before i got drunk

Adam: post a pic that size on the bis forums

johannes: what do i get?

johannes: for the lulz?

Adam: FOR THE LULZ

says all. doesnt it?

dumbasssf1.jpg

dumbasssf2.jpg

dumbasssf3.jpg

http://suckysuckylongtime.com/jonny/jonnysf.png

http://armed-assault.de/screenshots/joh_sf_0_3353.jpg

Damn you Jonny crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

They look beautiful !!!!!

I hope you will release them soon.

Mach weiter so! wink_o.gif

Absolutely amazing work on those SF guys. I just hope however that they will not be mismatched uniform-wise. While they do have less rules on their uniforms, generally they will still wear similar types of BDU's/ACU's as a unit. I'm fairly certain you won't find any in Iraq wearing woodland BDU's for example. However aside from that, the level of detail is absolutely outstanding!!! Definitely the finest infantry I've seen made for ArmA to date. I likewise, can't wait to put them into action in ArmA.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Johannes you drunk ass, your going anger the forum gods with a 9mb pic...lmao.. hop on skype when you get a chance and talk to scubasteve

Hey Johnny just a head sup nobody in the US military wears a flag on the left shoulder... right only

.Jonny

+2 WL and 2 weeks PR for hotlinking an 8 MB picture, knowing that it's against the rules.

Hi bois. For those interested in jonny's pic, each model above is available in all 3 camo schemes. Don't worry about unmatching unis.

You are silly for thinking he would have a desert SF soldier fighting in the artics!

BTW w0lle, suck it.

Wow, these sf are absolutely outstanding, and to be honnest, i 've never seen such detailled sf dudes in other games.

Your work is truely professional.