Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

I was discussing with some of my team members that the RACS doesn't have a truck for being carried around, so I got the idea to make a RACS version of my old M35 trucks for the Philippine Army which I'm reworking completely now.

CZM-M35_new3.jpg

Further pics can be found under:

CZM topic

tounge2.gif

i dont see what VBS has got to do with anything here...

@itim_tuko

Yes, RAC's needs some trucks and your model looks good, nice work..................

notworthy.gif

wld427

Do not quote images... by now you should know this.

tounge2.gif

i dont see what VBS has got to do with anything here...

lol, yes... yes.. it was Vbs wasnt it... Hmmm, I can dream, perhaps seeing it in the Wip section helped me release a little bit of my angst and tension, yes, I think it has, such a beautiful model. There are some wireframes of it too, I wish I were a modeler.

Hughes 500D I started on, I don't really know how to model so its a bit rough.

500d2mb4.jpg

Its gonna be civilian so thats why its high skid gear.

Woops, wrong thread.  crazy_o.gif

lol, heh, happenned to me few times too.

and leftlowkid. that is über cool but remember not to make the chopper "too" detailed, or it will lag some MP and SP aswell. at least on my comp! rofl.giftounge2.gifinlove.gif

Maybe a performance version and a detailed version smile_o.gif

(im planning on having an amazing computer by the time this is released) lol

it looks no more complicated than a bis helicopter so far. That rubber sleeve can be faked using a normal map, though.

Also, the rotor mast there would probably serve you better if it was blended into the same mesh as the fuselage, I think.

it looks no more complicated than a bis helicopter so far.  That rubber sleeve can be faked using a normal map, though.

Also, the rotor mast there would probably serve you better if it was blended into the same mesh as the fuselage, I think.

I meant don't water down any details, im looking forward to a high-detail model (as I will have an amazing comp within a few months), but for some people who arent as fortunate as myself if it got insane perhaps tone it down and release as seperate version (kristien)

and plaintiff, I think you may be very right about the rotor mass blended into the fuselage

xmas_o.gif

I'm keeping it fairly detailed because I know it will run ok on my computer, assuming I ever even get it ingame. I think its gonna be a huge headache when I have to do LODs and configs. I don't see how I could make the rotor mast the same mesh because everything above the stationary swash plate will be rotating. If you mean the cowling, aka doghouse on 500's, you are probably right. But unfortunately I am lazy and don't feel like redoing anything.

I simply mean the blue parts.. the mast cowel and the fuselage... will look better if they aren't two different meshes crashing through each other.

hello guys. i just wanted to let you know, that i am still alive somehow and got a new pc, so i can finally play ArmA. and the other thing is, i can continue to work on my HESCO objects. but i do need some help in making or better said implementing normal maps or bump maps or whatever and maybe making custom editor icons, because i con't get an alpha channel to work...

here's what i got so far. the HESCO barriers also come in green "paint". thanks to Pauliesss for support and beta testing so far. you rock mate

hescoworksofar.jpg

as you can see, the pack will not only be full of HESCO stuff but also other things you can find in iraq, afghanistan etc...

hope you like it so far!

greetings maatz

Hughes 500D I started on, I don't really know how to model so its a bit rough.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5859/500d2mb4.jpg

Its gonna be civilian so thats why its high skid gear.

what program are u using and how did u model the front of the chopper,cause im having trouble modeling a md 530 chopper im using maya 7

mod0

Please do not quote images. smile_o.gif

navysealdeltasoggreenberetst6-guy

navyseald37lafurcegreenpd3.jpg

turntable of the finished dude

navysealdeltagreenbeonh.gif

560 tris.

1*256*256 tga texture

just some 1 hour doodle im gonna try to get int arma just for leisure.

Hi, ha-ha very good!! call it Shin-Chan(SF). Let's C ya

I need some pro opinions here.

I downloaded a simple building from http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ and edited it some in Sketchup, then I plonked it in o2 to see if I could get it ingame.

Now I'd like some opinions on my textures, not the model. As I am anti normal map it's kinda hard to get the textures looking good enough to fit into an environment that contains default ArmA structures. I just figured out how to work the UV editor a few days ago so this is the second model I've skinned. Anyone have a few tips on how to get it more realistically looking without adding normal maps?

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

Keep in mind I'm a complete newbie when it comes to modeling/texturing!

Also while I'm at it, does anyone know if I'm permitted to use free models from 3dwarehouse in ArmA? If so, are credits etc required?