Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Sorry about the spam, but were you considering making a tank-hunter version of the Marder, Plaintiff? Damn scary tank, that.

Sorry about the spam, but were you considering making a tank-hunter version of the Marder, Plaintiff? Damn scary tank, that.

I'm not considering any additional models or variations of models at this time.

If anyone has any further questions about my model that are not related to this thread (ie. a useful critique), I am available for contact via PM.

Hi ,I ve been working on a water color mod lately.

Here's a cupple of srceenshots for you's to have a look at.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/anzacsas/ss51.jpg

and-

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/anzacsas/saraliteblue.jpg

hers the link for the mod as of now-

http://www.mediafire.com/?72h1gcojngk

I was wondering if anyone could download and have a look through it to see if i am doing anything wrong.

I am pretty confident that it's ok but it would br nice if an "old Pro" could give it a once-over before i release.

Hope this was the right way to go about it. smile_o.gif

Thanx.

Hi ,I ve been working on a water color mod lately.

Here's a cupple of srceenshots for you's to have a look at.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/anzacsas/ss51.jpg

and-

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/anzacsas/saraliteblue.jpg

hers the link for the mod as of now-

http://www.mediafire.com/?72h1gcojngk

I was wondering if anyone could download and have a look through it to see if i am doing anything wrong.

I am pretty confident that it's ok but it would br nice if an "old Pro" could give it a once-over before i release.

Hope this was the right way to go about it. smile_o.gif

Thanx.

Anzac it looks pretty good tbh i'm downloading right now to check it out. Btw your Australian Right? i never knew they were so American (color :P)

Kris rofl.gif

In regards to the water mod-

The mod comes with 10+ colors to choose from so ppl can choose tropical blue's or muddish sewage like brown or even a lovely sewage like green biggrin_o.gif

Has anyone seen anything wrong with the cfg?

@Ike_fin

look few posts back please...

im starting to wonder if some people are dyslexic here..

where does it say that this a screenshot thread?

you couldve at least post some pictures of your map out of the island editor....

what do you expect us to say about your island?

Oh Nephilim, mighty self appointed moderator of the WIP thread, I cower before you in fear to ask this; is his island not WIP? And is not showing us pictures of his Island thus showing us a WIP? And is this thread not for showing other people WIPs?

Ike. Looks good. But a little barren. Not sure if thats the intended effect.

Guess Nephilim's point is that there were only screenshots that were saying "look its beautiful" which obviously belong into the Combat Photosho... err Photography Thread.

You can't get an idea of an island with 3 pictures taken somewhere in the landscape but you need heightmaps, obj. location, sat maps etc.

@ Serclaes

correct

who needs a thread where people show off their stuff for self approval...

sorry that ive tried being upright and honest...

i guess you lot dont even want to hear, so..

from now on you can expect from me one simple answer for each "WIP" screenshot posted here:

Quote[/b] ]AWESOME!! EPIC SHOULD HIRE YOU!CAN´T BELIVE YOURE NOT IN THE INDUSTRY YET!!

you know i couldve cared less about those whining people complaining bout crap addons...

sorry trying to help out..

crazy_o.gif

Ike_fin..

that island looks absolutely sweet..

i take it by your nick that your finnish, am i right? smile_o.gif

looks quite scandinavian too, exept maybe that bunker biggrin_o.gif

anyway, i would be glad to beta test it if you need any help with that smile_o.gif

thank you Pathy!!!! thumbs-up.gif

@Ike_fin: Island looks nice! we need more of that.

ps: now a mod can slap me - i deserve it! smile_o.gif

Nice one, Ike_fin. smile_o.gif

The "wetlands" look nice, but i think "Port Sarve" could need some more bushes and trees inside the fence. Would be good for cover in some missions.

And what's the size of the whole island? Represents the last screen (7000x10000) the hole island?

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Yeah whole map is shown on last image. Its my first map with visitor3 so i keep it small. smile_o.gif

I'll add more natural coverage in whole map to make it interesting for combat.

Thanks for feedback.

My bad, totally forgot about that.

Your island looks quite nice indeed. I havn't tried out visitor yet so i can hardly judge for the effort put in there.

I like the idea of some swamps, they are very rare and hence a nice change in the optics.

What i don't understand tho, even if i know its more a "testing the capabilities" map, why do you need an airfield an such a big port?  huh.gif

However i encourage your sense for style. The shape of the island is obviously more creative than i will ever be (all i manage to do is something basically looking like a square, or multiple squares).

I must add one thing, picture 2 reminds me very much of a scene in Cod2. Especially because of the high bunker. biggrin_o.gif

What i don't understand tho, even if i know its more a "testing the capabilities" map, why do you need an airfield an such a big port? huh.gif

Well it was nice to try how to make airfield and port. smile_o.gif

Airfield is only rahmadi type grass field, i have just added invisible roads to keep field smooth.

Shape of island was taken from google map(and SRTM data) but it doesnt have anythin else common with RL place.

Heres just few screens on map im workin:

(pics)

This is not a general comment on all the the features on your island: On the second pic there, the tree placement looks irrational, sparse, and ugly. I would reconsider that area.

Regarding the overgrowth placement in the second pic, I'd use a different model that has lower branches and bump up the density a little. Also you can decrease the Randomize angle to something closer to -8 +8 and it should look better. smile_o.gif

nice island, a little small, it looks like its just a little bit bigger than Rahmadi maybe. But hey its better off to start small and then build big when you feel that you are secure.

Also are there any towns? how do they look like?

And btw nice swamp! Looks great with only original pieces.

just that it would be nice if you made somesort of these things

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publica....amp.jpg

http://www.cofc.edu/~welcha....son.JPG

Great isle, but don't forget to make at least 3 settlements and 2-4 small camps (bases). It would rock!

here is a small side-project. there are some powerlines on sahrani but i never saw a powerplant...so this is the ecological solution smile_o.gif I aleady imported a low poly version into the O2; but i still need to learn something about texturing...

windkraftanlage_1.jpgwindkraftanlage_4.jpg

original news (2 more pics) > click <

Great idea - wind turbines would really add to the atmosphere of islands smile_o.gif